Sign in to follow this  
pete

West Ham increase capacity

West Ham adding 5,000 seats due to season ticket sales. I just hope I''m not paying for this like I and the rest of you have subsidised West Ham''s move to a world class stadium by picking up most of the costs in the move.

I heard something on the radio about how much Chelsea or Spurs will have to pay to rent Wembley for a season while their grounds are rebuilt.

Makes the West Ham deal appear overly generous and very poor value for the taxpayer.

At least the Wembley deals would help allow the England team to hit the road again for home games.

Everything about this deal with Wet Spam and the Olympic Stadium is just wrong IMO! All of the peripheral staffs wages, from turnstile operators, cleaners, groundstaff and catering staff et al are being paid for by the local council, thus Joe public. The rent charged to them is peanuts in terms of the benefits they will collect.

The whole thing just stinks of corruption, if it was to happen in another country we''d all be saying its corrupt, why has the level of opposition been so muted?

Perhaps Norwich needs to apply to host the Commonwealth Games, we could get a new stadium like Man C! Hey, we could even build it next to the UEA or is that something for another discussion?

Anyway the whole thing with Wet Spam is just wrong!

I don''t think its that muted

Everyone knows its bent, Boris Johnson the loveable flop haired quasi fascist is the Tory Mayor

and the laughably titled Baroness Brady is a Tory peer

Coincidence I think not

Isn''t the local council Labour controlled? Sounds like another quasi commie p*ss it up the wall type expenditure fiasco. No doubt the Marx brothers Corbyn and McDonnell will be delighted.

Yep, there''s no way you tories would let big businesses get away with paying fuck all or ripping off the taxpayer.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Isn''t the local council Labour controlled? Sounds like another quasi commie p*ss it up the wall type expenditure fiasco. No doubt the Marx brothers Corbyn and McDonnell will be delighted.[/quote]Sure. It was the Labour local council doing a solid favour for the The Conservative''s own Baroness Karen Brady.Sounds probable.

The whole deal is full of corruption. Whilst everyone gets a fortune for staying in the premiership WH gets more !I''d still like to visit it next season tho''

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Isn''t the local council Labour controlled? Sounds like another quasi commie p*ss it up the wall type expenditure fiasco. No doubt the Marx brothers Corbyn and McDonnell will be delighted.[/quote]

A very poor attempt to blame Labour, this is the Tories giving away valuable assets to other Tories, look who attended the Tories Summer Ball and you''ll see how much od a stitch up its been.