Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Most tackles won by an English PL midfielder..

During the space race the Americans spent thousands of dollars and many many hours developing a pen that worked in zero gravity, the Russians just carried on using pencils.

Gainer -

I''m not waivering, the technology advancement was made by non-Americans, I used sequestered to change things up a bit, the gist is the same, you took stuff and hid it away to use for your own end.

The reason that the people that you stole the technology off didn''t get there first was because they only had part of the solution and then either lost a war or didn''t have the resources and political will to follow through on it. IF the Nazis had won the war they would have most likely been on the moon at least 10 years before the Americans. The whole thing about getting to the moon was nothing more than a willy waving exercise, the cold war by proxy, once you had got there there was no point in anyone else going there, that is why it''s over 30 years since the last man set foot on the moons surface.

If you want to start down a reasoned debate about the wider issues that you''ve got wrong in your last paragraph then I am more than willing to join you, but suffice to say, a few really smart people don''t make up for a nation of dimwits and if you want to look at who has made way more than their fair share of worldly advancements take a look at the achievements of Brits.

You said the space race, so yes the Russians did get there first. TC

I did say the Space Race, yes, but I also clearly was specifically talking about landing on the moon.

But even if not, so what! The Russians were first in space, but where were the British? All you''ve ever done is hitch rides with others.

Nah, we just concentrated on inventing the important things in life, decided to leave the frippery to you guys.

I''m quite familiar with what the Space Race was about TC.

Make all the excuses you want for countries not getting to the moon before, at the same time, or ever. The fact is we did. Nobody else came up with a space shuttle, either. You can''t blame that on dick waving or WWII rebuilding. Who created nuclear weapons to force an end to the war?

It''s your excuse making (a few really smart people in a land of dimwits) that is lamest of all. You have it backwards. We have a

relatively few dimwits in a land of well trained and educated

people. It''s idiotic to think a land dominated by stupidity could

create such amazing culture, engineering, technology etc.

So reasoned debate with you seems unlikely. But really, if your countrymen would stop the "America is dumb" nonsense, the

topicwwould remain what it started out as. it''s your people who derail threads and then get upset about it.

Yes, the Brits made amazing advancements...... hundreds of years ago. What have you done lately? Very little compared to us (he said, waving his)

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Your hypocrisy would be stunning if it wasn''t par for the course, mort. I''ll never meet you or your boys. But it''s a pretty good bet that growing up under the conditions you''ve openly admitted to over the years (mostly absentee, abusive fat her who drinks too often and too much an aggressively violent streak) that your unfortunate boys have similar traits, fella.[/quote]

This is the dumbest post I''ve ever seen, congratulations you''ve gone even further into the gutter than Grefstad did.

[/quote]Indeed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Your hypocrisy would be stunning if it wasn''t par for the course, mort. I''ll never meet you or your boys. But it''s a pretty good bet that growing up under the conditions you''ve openly admitted to over the years (mostly absentee, abusive fat her who drinks too often and too much an aggressively violent streak) that your unfortunate boys have similar traits, fella.[/quote]

This is the dumbest post I''ve ever seen, congratulations you''ve gone even further into the gutter than Grefstad did.

[/quote]Indeed.[/quote]
In which case, hopefully I can repeat success.
Pete, can we ban this guy please? [:)]

[quote user="Mr Apples"]

Sounds like a very niche reason for visiting?

Apples

[/quote]
Doesn''t really add up. Reckon he''d have been better of staying where he was, inside his own home / shack / bomb-shelter / whatever it is he''s currently residing in.

Why? Because I don''t take your abuse?

mort is weeping at the cold hard truth, but he has his own website to talk NCFC, which he purports to be his preference. But he can''t bully there so he comes here. Too bad for him some of us fight back and then some!

Glass houses, throwing stones, and all that, people.

You''d be stunned by my house, App and Coral Gables.

Coral, do you understand what hypocrisy is? You abuse me, I deflect it, and now you want ME banned? This is not an admirable quality you''re revealing about yourself.

I would be more worried about what you are revealing about your own character, Gainer. So far we have had bigotry, ignorance, an inability to use facts, personal smear attacks and national triumphalism based on a moon landing when at the same time your countrymen were dropping napalm on Vietnamese villagers.

It would be a shame if you were banned as your words should stand as testament to your toxic character.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]Indeed.[/quote]
[/quote]Done.

Fantastic news. This has the makings of a truly great day. Now, back to the football...

[quote user="lappinitup"]What did Gainer go fer? [:^)][;)][/quote]Houston we have a problem!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]Indeed.[/quote]
[/quote]Done.[/quote]
I missed this. It''s made going back to work today far more enjoyable!