Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

We're getting a bit stitched up here...

I see lots of people on FB and Twitter spunking themselves with all our players involved with their national team, but I see Newcastle haven''t had one player involved, obviously under instruction from Benitez to pull out/not play etc.

What will happen is come the Newcastle game, all our players will be tired and lethargic as they''ve been playing 2 internationals and jet setting round the globe, whereas Newcastle have been putting their feet up and will come out fresh.

I don''t quite see why so many people get excited for our players at international level, especially friendlies, when the majority of the other teams withdraw their main players.

Was a little disappointed to see Brady start tonight considering how he''s been in the wars recently. Credit to him for wanting to play but from our point of view hopefully it''s not 180 minutes

[quote user="Al Harrington"]I see lots of people on FB and Twitter spunking themselves with all our players involved with their national team, but I see Newcastle haven''t had one player involved, obviously under instruction from Benitez to pull out/not play etc.

What will happen is come the Newcastle game, all our players will be tired and lethargic as they''ve been playing 2 internationals and jet setting round the globe, whereas Newcastle have been putting their feet up and will come out fresh.

I don''t quite see why so many people get excited for our players at international level, especially friendlies, when the majority of the other teams withdraw their main players.[/quote]It''s only a friendly [:|]

I agree it is a honour to play for country even if it is a friendly, it can be a good distraction meeting up with other players, you are doing training which you would be doing back at ncfc with the type of physio and analysis to take care of a player.

However it is still then a game of football, as we know injuries can happen anywhere, Roger federer and running a bath, but a couple of games now are not important as we come to the crunch of our season. Whether or not there is an international competition.

The players need to be focussed on whether they will be having that relegation clause activated due to them not being good enough over the course of the season or if they have the fight and energy to keep themselves and our team up.

We did have a few withdrawals which was good but AN has to get the mindset with everybody on side, with those non internationals and those who have been away he has to note that they cannot drift their thoughts to the tournament. It is his toughest task after a long overdue win to get the group ready for Newcastle. Also the situation that mbokani and his wife had to go through and deal with is going to be an area where we also need to offer support. He is a key player at the moment if he is to forge a relationship with bamford. In fact mbokani would be the player that I think can cause Newcastle a lot of trouble if we get the right player taking advantage of the lack of a left back slamming in crosses to the box for him to connect with.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]I see lots of people on FB and Twitter spunking themselves with all our players involved with their national team, but I see Newcastle haven''t had one player involved, obviously under instruction from Benitez to pull out/not play etc.

I don''t quite see why so many people get excited for our players at international level, especially friendlies, when the majority of the other teams withdraw their main players.[/quote]

Thought if you were called up you had to play unless you could proove injury. If refusing to play you have to miss your next club game ? unless this applies to competitive internationals only ? Suspect more like none of them are good enough to play international football.

Not to mention that if you play for your country, you may be spotted by a bigger and wealthier club who might then try to buy you and pay you more money.
I think the only way around this is for us to sign lower quality players.

Depends how much spin you put on this really, our players will be sharper having played a competitive match or two. Whilst injuries can happen it is after all a friendly fixture. I''d like to think that most players would reach the same intensity during training anyway. International managers don''t want to grind out players or annoy their parent clubs as those relationships have to be good for the future.

Plus, a morale boosting win away from the grind of club football could potentially help with a boost of morale and form as well. Winning for your country certainly sounds like a boost to me!

I would hope our players are sensible enough and get support from their international managers to be rested from matches this week. Martin will not be playing hopefully Brady and Klose will miss matches. Wes didn''t play for Ireland last Friday I''d be disappointed if he were asked to play this week, not getting any younger and he might be playing for a new contract which he derives.

Despite Newcastle having no one on international duty they''ve just said that Rob Elliot has gone off injured in the Ireland match... Now all we need is wjindum to same on the slippy Wembley pitch (that he obviously can''t be on) then its worked out quite well for us...

I don''t quite see why so many people get excited for our players at international level, especially friendlies, when the majority of the other teams withdraw their main players.[/quote]

Where did you get this info from op ???

Several Newcastle players were on international duty ????

What was your motive for this thread ???