Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Fire.

After the money troubles surrounding Paul Lambert''s time at Aston Villa when £50 million was slashed from his playing budget he now seeks talks with the Vinky''s at Blackburn as debts of over £100 million have just been revealed.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35938269

Serves the Judas tw@ right.He could have had it all here, he was worshipped like a God, but oh no, he had to go find his "bigger club".His CV is really looking pretty shart now.

I agree. Whilst he and Bowkett clearly disliked each other, I imagine Lambert looks back with regret. Villa killed his promising career. Something McNally will remind Alex Neil of when so called bigger clubs come calling.

He must have known what he was getting himself into in both cases.

I''m calling BS on the £50m figure at Villa though. There is no way that is an accurate figure, surely?

"You need someone, a leader, a chief executive or someone who has football knowledge who knows how to run a football club."

You had that here you arrogant b3llend, what you really want is a CEO that does all that and bends over backwards to fund your transfer strategy even if it means damaging the financial health of the club. If you''re such a good manager you can hold boards at ransom and demand funds you should at the very bloody least have that Blackburn team in the top half of the Championship. He''s below Steve Evans'' Leeds ffs xD

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]"You need someone, a leader, a chief executive or someone who has football knowledge who knows how to run a football club."

You had that here you arrogant b3llend, what you really want is a CEO that does all that and bends over backwards to fund your transfer strategy even if it means damaging the financial health of the club. If you''re such a good manager you can hold boards at ransom and demand funds you should at the very bloody least have that Blackburn team in the top half of the Championship. He''s below Steve Evans'' Leeds ffs xD[/quote][Y]

Just found an article in the Guardian that reckons their accounts for year ending 2014 show a 3m reduction in Villa''s wage bill from the previous years accounts. I guess that is a hefty hit.

They also spent 12m less in the 2014 summer window.

Still a long way from 50m but does show the constraints he was under. Must have been bonkers to take it on.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Just found an article in the Guardian that reckons their accounts for year ending 2014 show a 3m reduction in Villa''s wage bill from the previous years accounts. I guess that is a hefty hit.[/quote]Check you out, Mr Lah-di-dah reading The Guardian[;)]

Ha! Hardly...I just googled Villa''s accounts reports because 50m just seemed too big. If they''ve continued to cut their costs similarly since Lambert departed you can see why they''re struggling horribly. They could get worse too.

If this forum had been around in 1973 when Ron Saunders walked out following a boardroom bust up to join Manchester City or in 1980 when John Bond quit to also go and manage Manchester City and add Mike Walker throwing his toys out of the cupboard after a bust up with the Chairman in 1994 to go to Everton i just wonder if there would have been the same amount of vitriole thrown around as there appears to be towards Paul Lambert.Don''t you just love the internet. [;)]

Can''t comment on Bond or Saunders but seem to remember that we had a special song for Walker based around him being a "greedy so and so". Still, Daniel Amokachi, now THERE was a signing...

Isn''t the Messiah just biding time with Blackburn until that big Bundesliga job comes around???

Apples

cant see any big bundesliga role coming his way while he struggles in the championship.

If its not a date related wind up it seems villa are clutching at straws to remove agbonlahors significant wages (the last remaining pre lambert excess?) from the bill before hitting the championship..

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]cant see any big bundesliga role coming his way while he struggles in the championship.

If its not a date related wind up it seems villa are clutching at straws to remove agbonlahors significant wages (the last remaining pre lambert excess?) from the bill before hitting the championship..[/quote]Odd story, sacked for smoking a shisha pipe on holiday?Really not sure either if this is an actual wind up.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]If this forum had been around in 1973 when Ron Saunders walked out following a boardroom bust up to join Manchester City or in 1980 when John Bond quit to also go and manage Manchester City and add Mike Walker throwing his toys out of the cupboard after a bust up with the Chairman in 1994 to go to Everton i just wonder if there would have been the same amount of vitriole thrown around as there appears to be towards Paul Lambert.Don''t you just love the internet. [;)][/quote]What people tend to forget when they hurl abuse at Lambert, is that he left the club in exactly the same circumstances as he joined it. If he wasn''t prepared to jump ship for a bigger club, we would never have had him in the first place. It''s quite funny how spectacularly the Villa decision backfired, but I still look back at the good times with fondness and bear him no ill will (other than for the fact that his departure saddled us with nearly two years of sleep-inducing Hughtonball).