Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Newcastle United Message Board

Thought I''d take a peek and the first message I saw was from someone called Zipper on a thread titled "Team for Norwich".
It made me smile. Perhaps others will be similarly amused. It does sound rather desperate for them,
"

"Team for Norwich"

Right then. Who the fok are we going to have at full back? Physioroom currently has Dummett, Haidara, Mbabu and Janmaat injured with no date for Janmaat''s return and Mbabu rated as doubtful. Colback is suspended. I could potentially see a back 4 of Anita, Mbemba, Lascelles and Taylor. ...got a bit of sick in me mouth there...

:s

That would leave a midfield of , for me, Sissoko, Saivet, Shelvey, Townsend ...with de Jong just behind Mitro I think Ayoze has been way off the pace for the last few games as has Gini.and he always goes missing way from home- probably our 2 best ''footballers'' but this is no time for sentiment. I''d rather drop Sissoko cos he''s a heartless sh!te but we''re short on numbers. Could hoy Townsend on the right and Aarons on the left but is Aarons still actually alive? If it''s not working at half time I''d put Cisse on, get the ball to Mitro''s head and hope he can pick up the pieces. Thoughts?"

Excellent. Their two main keepers are out for the rest of the season as well, so that back four will hopefully be sitting in front of a rookie with only one top flight game to his name.

Remember when Doncaster turned up with barely a reserve side in League One ... and earned a draw?!

Despite Newcastle''s injuries Shelvey, Townsend, Mitrovic and Wijnaldum are all potential match winners in what will probably be a tense and scrappy affair.

Still, if we can''t beat the relegation threatened teams at home when we HAVE TO then we deserve to go down.

If we can keep a clean sheet I think we stand a good chance - that''s where a lot of our points have come from. When we fail to do so we make it very difficult for ourselves. As long as it doesn''t end 6-2 again, please...

I agree with Cantiaci, we have very winnable games and if we don''t win them we deserve to go down. I think we will win on Saturday and that win give us another massive boost and we can take revenge on Palace in our next match. I''ve a gut feeling that we will be Able to view the Everton match from a position of safety.

The ironic situation here in our favour is Newcastle''s injury concerns play straight into our new formation which ahs worked in the past 2 games, almost a 4-4-2 with Brady and Jarvis providing width. Seems logical to start with same team as WBA, maybe just bring Bennett back for Bassong.

Janmaat should be fit according to the Newcastle Chronicle. Their defence isn''t as hit as being made out, only their LB is out, which is easily covered.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Janmaat should be fit according to the Newcastle Chronicle. Their defence isn''t as hit as being made out, only their LB is out, which is easily covered.[/quote]

And a third choice keeper in goal???

For a defence that kept a clean sheet the previous game v Man City?

Sorry rather have Bennett than Bassong any day

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Janmaat should be fit according to the Newcastle Chronicle. Their defence isn''t as hit as being made out, only their LB is out, which is easily covered.[/quote]I suggest you look at their injury list.  They have 2 goalies injured, 2 left backs injured, their best central defender injured, Tiote, Marveaux and a couple of others injured, Colback suspended etc etc etc ........

Benitez will look at us as more of an impotent strike force, with our goals scored, and an improved defence, IMO, so may look to play with just 3 at the back, and look to include the likes of Andros Townsend playing with a packed midfield, to 1) break us down and 2) stop us putting them under too much pressure, hopefully Alex will already have considered all the likely options, and be ready.

I believe we can win, but will more likely to be a scrappy, tense 1-0, bring on Saturday.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Janmaat should be fit according to the Newcastle Chronicle. Their defence isn''t as hit as being made out, only their LB is out, which is easily covered.[/quote]

The other day you started a thread stating that Newcastle players were not going on international duty ? Now you are telling us that Newcastle are misleading the press with their injury / suspension list despite injuries being picked up by players on international duty ?

Please could you give us a link to show where this information has come from ?