Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Mick McCarthy refusing to rule himself out of the Villa job

Lol. Who next for the scummers? John Carver was saying today he wants to get back into management, he could do a job there.

I saw this on Anglia News, Mick saying that he''s perfect for the job and he got experience getting out of the championship, he wants to manage in the Prem.

Hilarious, then Jonathan Wilks starts blabbing please don''t go Mick...

I did laugh.

He''s got no chance in getting that job ahead of Moyes or maybe Pearson, Bruce, Dyche, Monk

No chance at all

[quote user="cityangel"]He''s got no chance in getting that job ahead of Moyes or maybe Pearson, Bruce, Dyche, Monk

No chance at all[/quote]What makes you think any of those would want the job?I doubt Villa could afford to be too choosy, or continue to play the "We''re a big club" card.

Firstly I doubt Moyes would want the job, Pearson is mental, Steve Bruce is at Hull, Dyche at Burnley who are also flying, and Monk who has no experience in getting a side up.

They could do a lot worse than MM.

Dull Midlands club, dull manager, dull style of football but more than likely able to get them back up.  Seems a perfect fit really.If he could do it at bloody Wolves then Villa should be a cakewalk.

They will try to sweet talk some dodgy manager, "ITFC own everything you can see!"

(As he is stood inside a portaloo - with the door shut!

I think Mick McCarthy does amazingly considering what he has at his disposal. Very no nonsense attitude and I think that is probably vital at villa in its current predicament.

I''m applying this afternoon and I expect the next time I talk to you all it will be in the East Anglian Daily Times and go something like this.

"I''m honoured and delighted. It''s a massive club, a sleeping giant with a phenomenal history. My job is to get the club back to where it belongs in the Premier League. The city and fans deserve a successful club and it would give a massive financial and spiritual lift to the whole of Suffolk to bring the Tractor Boys back into the land of milk and honey that is the Barclays Premier League."

"I''ve met Marcus; not in person, but we talked on Skype while he hid his head under a blanket. There is money to spend and I have identified three or four targets to come in and give the lads a hand. Some of the lads I want to bring in are local, with Gillingham and Canvey Island being just down the road."

"The interview went well; I was a bit surprised when halfway through a couple of blokes in "Marcus Evans" branded overalls kept coming in, taking the pictures off the wall and leaving again, but I presume they are just having a spring clean and that''s what I intend to do with the squad."

"I''ve met the squad for a bonding session already. We played a few hands of Texas Hold Em and then hired the upstairs of the Chicago Rock Cafe. One of the lads cut himself on a ringpull so we got the St John''s lady to bandage him up and then stuck some fake fivers in the collection tin to say thanks. I think it''s important to have the respect of the squad."

"A countdown to promotion clock? Yeah, I''m all for that. Put my picture on it."