Sign in to follow this  
AJ

NCFC vs Newcastle Match Thread

Afternoon all,

If there''s ever been a ''six pointer'' this would definitely the one for us - a chance to get a very valuable 3 points, stop another team winning three points AND, of course, that tiny little matter of making amends of getting demolished on their backyard earlier in the season.

I''d have preferred an unchanged winning lineup, but Mr Tinkerman has been busy changing a few things as per usual, let''s hope it''s with good reason to see us to three points this afternoon. And there''s reason to be positive, the last time Newcastle won at Carrow Road was back i 1994! Let''s keep that this way for at least another year this afternoon lads!

City line up as follows;

Ruddy; Wisdom, Bennett, Klose, Olsson; Jarvis, Howson, O''Neil (c), Brady; Naismith; Mbokani.

So RDS7 was right, again!

Subs: Rudd (GK), Bassong, Jerome, Bamford, Hoolahan, Mulumbu, Redmond

So a massive surprise inclusion of Redmond on the bench - that could make for an intriguing second half substitution!

I have indeed heard that Russ has a knock, whether that''s true or not I don''t know. Also strange to see Bennett start ahead of Bassong, and no Whitts or Dorrans on the bench either.

Newcastle''s lineup is a mess. Anita at left back, Taylor starts in the middle, Cisse up top, and a half fit Janmaat starting at right back. Newcastle fans not happy with the lineup on Twitter.

I''m not sure if Newcastle will be 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 with Anita in midfield. Either way, we should certainly be looking for Brady and Jarvis to wreck havoc down the flanks

"George Osbor''n What is the point of Pinto?

Charlie Nicholas on SSN has just been singing Pintos praises! I suppose INWT!

Pinto injured perhaps? Strange we''ve got no back-up RB on the bench

Karl Darlow''s going to have a blinder isn''t he? Would be just our luck!

C''mon City! No nails left here!