Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Splash the cash & buy Mbokani

[quote user="Making Plans"]Defenders can''t handle him when he plays like today.Definitely PL class[/quote]As long as we stay up, agree.

There''s an option to buy. Still need that ''other'' striker but I''d be chuffed for us to keep him if we stay up.

After nearly being blown up last week that was an unbelievable show from him!

What a good point TJ! Makes his performance all the more awesome!

Him & Klose are probably our best two genuine game changing PL class players. We really need players of their ilk coming in to thrive in this league. If there''s any chance of signing him without breaking the bank, then it''s a must (assuming we survive - which we will!).

[quote user="ron obvious"]Him & Klose are probably our best two genuine game changing PL class players. We really need players of their ilk coming in to thrive in this league. If there''s any chance of signing him without breaking the bank, then it''s a must (assuming we survive - which we will!).[/quote]£5.5m is the price apparently, which on today''s performance doesn''t seem bad.  Best we stay up!

George Osbor''n wrote the following post at 02/04/2016 5:44 PM:

Wage structure

This. He''s on 75k a week

Sooner or later we break the glass ceiling for a quality player...how does anyone on here know how much Mbokani is on?we can make his wages up with bonuses, goals, assists, staying up etc

"When he plays like today" - trouble is, he isn''t normally (ever) as good as we saw today. Everyone in the squad has the occasional good game in them. For £5.5 million and a sensible wage, definitely sign him up, but he''s not worth risking dissent with the rest of the squad by paying too high a wage on the evidence so far.

Nuff Said:

"When he plays like today" - trouble is, he isn''t normally (ever) as good as we saw today.

---------------------------------------------

People forget so quickly. He''s normally a lone striker with naff all support. Mostly he''s performed as today, but he''s had to create everything for himself. I think he''d become a bit downhearted when we couldn''t buy a result, but we don''t have another striker with the touches of magic he''s got, & if the whole team are up for it, like today, he will score & create goals. Genuine class - & that is a rare commodity & will not come cheap.

Break the wage structure for one player and it becomes the new ceiling. New signings will want this amount, existing squad players will want raises and before you know it your entire wage bill has risen by x%.

It needs to be handled slowly and incrementally.

Much like my pen1s, in fact.

So are you conveniently forgetting that should we stay up our income will increase cica 70% per season?? The wage structure will almost certainly be changed next year should we remain in the Prem!

It won''t go from 40k to 75 though. I would hope and expect it will be done incrementally and in line with a risk based approach as we will still be vulnerable to relegation for the next few seasons.

So you are now presuming Dave is on £75k per year? Seen his contract?How much are we paying of his current wages then?

So any players who the management think would be beneficial to the team next year would be restricted to our current wage structure?

I actually think circa £75k next year would be a reasonable wage as its not just us who potentially will have a massive increase in income but the while league will!

Oh, if Dave was on 75k a year then I would sign him tomorrow.

Come on Ron, don''t give me sh*t for posting "crap" and then drop sh*t like this.

Mbokani had a 5 month old son who died from a cardiac arrest. The childs name was David.

Please stop calling him Dave.

Wow we''ll be back, shoot didn''t know that will do!! Apologies!!

"George Osbor''n"Oh, if Dave was on 75k a year then I would sign him tomorrow.

Come on Ron, don''t give me sh*t for posting "crap" and then drop sh*t like this.

Ah mature comeback again! I think we all knew what the post meant but you carry on being pedantic, why change a habit of a lifetime?

Loose the argument, resort to childish retorts! Come on Bor, you are better than this!!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Wow we''ll be back, shoot didn''t know that will do!! Apologies!![/quote]

Yep thats why the song stopped. This is from his Wiki page in case people think it is made up.

On 9 August 2011, he signed a contract with Anderlecht for a reported fee of €3 million, stating that he looked forward to playing together again with his friend Milan Jovanović.[5] The start of his spell at Anderlecht was dramatic, first injuring himself during one of his first training sessions, meaning he would be sidelined for at least two months.[6] Then, about one week later his five-month-old son, David Mbokani, died of a cardiac arrest in his sleep.[7]

Was not having a go if you did not know you did not know but thought it worth sharing again as he is clearly going to be talked about over the next few weeks.

He has the making of a top PL striker and we know how valuable they are. Not surprisingly it''s taken him a while to settle but I think it''s fair to say that he''s given every team he''s played against problems.

He was outstanding today. His ability in the air is awesome. Certainly we need to buy him if we possibly can

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 02/04/2016 6:34 PM:

Sooner or later we break the glass ceiling for a quality player...

how does anyone on here know how much Mbokani is on?

we can make his wages up with bonuses, goals, assists, staying up etc

I know for a fact he is on £75k a week with us paying a third of that. One of our players told me

I am only being pedantic if you think words, and the meaning of words, are unimportant.

You say Mbokani is on 75k a year. It is not pedantic to point out this is wildly wrong and therefore any discussion needs to be based on correct detail.

Do I think Mbokani is worth 75k a week? No. But I don''t think any professional footballer is worth that.

If you want to play, & stay, in this league then sooner or later, ceiling or no ceiling, you will have to pay somebody £75k a week.