Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Olsson's goal

How did that compare to the feeling when Jackson scored against Derby? Two different scenario''s but both right up there as two of the best moment''s experienced at Carrow Road.

O''Neill saying that he looked at Olsson and assumed that he would miss wide of the goal!

Sounded like they had some banter in the dressing room after.

Me too Captain! Also at the time it seemed to be in slow motion! I''m sure the space time continuum had a glitch!

Definitely looks like it''s going wide!

And yes, right up there with Jackson''s goal vs Derby

Having a last (+3) minute winner in such a big game will give the team real impetus on top of the previous two games.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Definitely looks like it''s going wide!

And yes, right up there with Jackson''s goal vs Derby

Having a last (+3) minute winner in such a big game will give the team real impetus on top of the previous two games.[/quote]I definitely feel that we have a forward momentum that neither Palace, Toon or Sunderland have.

Loved his celebration as well. Last season wasn''t his best but I do feel he''s a decent player for us. Good to see some passion from him.

So many seasons success or failure hinge on just 1 or 2 given special moments, maybe Olsson''s goal will be one of those, time will tell.Disagree with you Morty about forward momentum, well concerning Sunderland at least. They are now unbeaten in 7 Premier matches compared to our 3, maybe  a few  to many draws in there, but look at those 7 fixtures and its pretty impressive. I get the feeling they will be a tough nut to crack at the Carra, possibly tougher than say Man. Utd. But agree with you about Toon and Palace, thou once again Palace have''nt won in so long but are finding some form. After Swansea i readily thought we were goners, now we have a 50 / 50 fighting chance imo, a fantastic turn around after just 3 games, but just 1  or 2 slips and its all undone. Going down to the wire i reckon, just hope Olsson''s goal can be looked back upon at season end and we say yea that was the goal that kept us up.

[quote user="Essjayess"]So many seasons success or failure hinge on just 1 or 2 given special moments, maybe Olsson''s goal will be one of those, time will tell.Disagree with you Morty about forward momentum, well concerning Sunderland at least. They are now unbeaten in 7 Premier matches compared to our 3, maybe  a few  to many draws in there, but look at those 7 fixtures and its pretty impressive. I get the feeling they will be a tough nut to crack at the Carra, possibly tougher than say Man. Utd. But agree with you about Toon and Palace, thou once again Palace have''nt won in so long but are finding some form. After Swansea i readily thought we were goners, now we have a 50 / 50 fighting chance imo, a fantastic turn around after just 3 games, but just 1  or 2 slips and its all undone. Going down to the wire i reckon, just hope Olsson''s goal can be looked back upon at season end and we say yea that was the goal that kept us up.[/quote]And thats the difference, its having that bit of confidence and fight to push on and win the game. Draws are of no real use now.They could draw every one of their remaining games, and still go down.

Actually Sunderland aren''t undefeated in the last 7 games.

They lost to West Ham five games ago and have drawn all four games since then. Those four games include fixtures against Palace, West Brom and Newcastle so not that impressive really.

7 Draws are highly unlikely for Sunderland. They still have one of the worst away records in the league. And with home games against Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea coming up that leaves one possible home win. As long as we don''t lose to Sunderland survival will be very difficult.

Big Sam already making negative comments about not staying if they go down hardly positive. A crocked Defoe would be a welcome boost.