Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Bring back the clappers for the Newcastle game!

Birchfest

"Perhaps another cross over item like the practical plastic bags... "

Yes indeed, I''m thinking yellow and green inflatable Eddie Izzards as a tribute to the great man.

Don''t believe the myth that Leicester fans are loud at home matches . Hardly a sound until the goal back in Feb.

The clappers are a joke, look like babies shaking a rattle .

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Don''t believe the myth that Leicester fans are loud at home matches . Hardly a sound until the goal back in Feb.

The clappers are a joke, look like babies shaking a rattle .[/quote]To be fair, I think that''s understandable. They''re like a kitten. Sitting at the top of a tree. $hitting themselves and wondering how the hell they got up there.

Definitely!!!!

I don''t think it''s as bad as Fenway mentions, but they do represent something wrong. But as something is not right, it is justified to use them. As we supporters cannot be relied upon to create the atmosphere, we have to boost it anyway we can.

We need to bring them in to help out our group.

On our most recent visits to Vicarage Road, last season and this i have to say the flag waving in the home end has been quite impressive. A couple of hundred of those in The Barclay would add to the atmosphere.

Trouble is TIL them flags don''t make much noise. Although we might be able to hear their gentle ripple over the crowd until we score.

Nothing wrong with the clappers , usually the type of fan who doesn''t like them is up there own arse and doesn''t like them cos it drowns out their moaning, and prevent everyone from hearing there boring negative opinion!!!

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Mandatory half and half scarves for this massive relegation twelve-pointer.
[/quote]

If we do go down*, that''s one thing I will not miss about the moneybags Premiership. What the hell are they for, why on earth would anyone want one, either you support one team or the other, not both! Hate, hate, HATE everything about them.

* Desperately hope we don''t go down btw.

[quote user="Woodman"][quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Mandatory half and half scarves for this massive relegation twelve-pointer.

[/quote]

If we do go down*, that''s one thing I will not miss about the moneybags Premiership. What the hell are they for, why on earth would anyone want one, either you support one team or the other, not both! Hate, hate, HATE everything about them.

* Desperately hope we don''t go down btw.[/quote]

Once the revolution comes, anyone wearing a half and half scarf will be lined up against the wall and shot!  Purely aimed at the football tourist and profit - would love to see someone trying to get away with a Man United/Leeds United half and half at Elland Road if Leeds ever got promoted!!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn - again"][quote user="Woodman"][quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Mandatory half and half scarves for this massive relegation twelve-pointer.

[/quote]

* Desperately hope we don''t go down btw.[/quote]

Once the revolution comes, anyone wearing a half and half scarf will be lined up against the wall and shot!  Purely aimed at the football tourist and profit - would love to see someone trying to get away with a Man United/Leeds United half and half at Elland Road if Leeds ever got promoted!!!!

[/quote]To be fair to ''the moneybags Premiership'', I don''t think the half-and-half scarf concept is endorsed by any club or league. They are all poor quality Chinese knock-offs sourced by cockney geezers trying to make a buck. They are basically the money making ideas of ticket touts who don''t have any tickets. If people would stop buying them, they''ll go away.Which leads me to the question of - who''s buying them?? Every football fan I know despises the concept. So how to these geezers make money and keep coming back?

I think dads are buying them for their kids. It can only be our supporters and supporters of clubs similar to ours that buy them. Does anyone think a Liverpool fan got one to celebrate the time they played Norwich ?

I''d love to hear the clappers at the Newcastle game - anything and everything that can help create a winning atmosphere should be deployed.

City fan Jake Humphrey tweeted this:

Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey

Chatting to Jose Mourinho about Norwich at last nights @sportrelief Ball. He described Newcastle game as ''everything''. I''m inclined to agree.

Please don''t tell me some NCFC fans think 3 points is a foregone conclusion? All of us need to be on our ''A'' game - not just the players. Given Premiership survival is at stake, a minority of fans getting all self-conscious over cardboard rattles defies belief. We need decibels!

I think the clappers made a big difference Saturday. We were not going to outsing them Geordies and those clappers drowned them out. Then with the game going the way it did, they struggled.