Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

The myth of Big Sam

Partly stolen from Football365.com.

When Sam too over there were still 30 league games remaining, and Sunderland were five points from safety. They’re now four points from safety.

Allardyce was also give the added advantage of a significant January spend, a luxury not afforded to Benitez nor to Remi Garde, who paid the price for his own underachievement this week. Lamine Kone, Jan Kirchhoff and Wahbi Khazri were recruited at a cost of £15m.

So far, Allardyce has taken 24 points from 23 league games in charge of Sunderland. When it mattered most, Allardyce’s side have won one of their last ten league matches. They have four home games remaining, but three of those (Arsenal, Everton and Leicester) are against the best three away sides in the league this season. If Big Sam is the ultimate Premier League firefighter, the blaze is still burning.

23 games and they''re still 4 points from safety.

Their other home game is against Chelsea which is another tough one.

I''m beginning to think that 36 points would be enough for us provided we beat Sunderland when amassing those 5 points.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Their other home game is against Chelsea which is another tough one.

I''m beginning to think that 36 points would be enough for us provided we beat Sunderland when amassing those 5 points.[/quote]I think 38pts will guarantee survival and we will get that.