Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

That Ruddy Save!

I''ve looked at the Morty images and it confirms my first impressions of being directly in line at the other end. It was certainly not going in but might have just grazed the post. Ruddy wasn''t to know that though so takes nothing away from a magnificent effort by him to even get a hand to it.

As a goalkeeping coach with uefa b qualification I would like to add that Ruddy was never going to reach the ball once it deflected off Bennetts head as it took the ball trajectory away from his dive. As regards the save it was going in I was right behind it and the fact that Cisse headed it from behind him it meant he had to generate his own power which made the save even better as he the big man had taken off and had to readjust in mid air which is not easy as most keepers will know. I would say its one of the best he has made for us and regarding his form since he came back its been outstanding and for me he looks to have lost a few pounds and worked harder on his game. Keep going Big John we will need you to be on top form for the next two games for sure

[quote user="alan32"]As a goalkeeping coach with uefa b qualification I would like to add that Ruddy was never going to reach the ball once it deflected off Bennetts head as it took the ball trajectory away from his dive. As regards the save it was going in I was right behind it and the fact that Cisse headed it from behind him it meant he had to generate his own power which made the save even better as he the big man had taken off and had to readjust in mid air which is not easy as most keepers will know. I would say its one of the best he has made for us and regarding his form since he came back its been outstanding and for me he looks to have lost a few pounds and worked harder on his game. Keep going Big John we will need you to be on top form for the next two games for sure[/quote]No mate, I was right in front of it and the frames 230, 231 and 232 show quite plainly that it was going wide. Look at the angle the ball was dropping, look at the frame with the post behind the ball and think about where the camera shot was positioned. At best it would have clipped the post. There is no possible way that it could have changed direction and gone in. Ruddy did brilliantly but it wasn''t a match winning save.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="alan32"]As a goalkeeping coach with uefa b qualification I would like to add that Ruddy was never going to reach the ball once it deflected off Bennetts head as it took the ball trajectory away from his dive. As regards the save it was going in I was right behind it and the fact that Cisse headed it from behind him it meant he had to generate his own power which made the save even better as he the big man had taken off and had to readjust in mid air which is not easy as most keepers will know. I would say its one of the best he has made for us and regarding his form since he came back its been outstanding and for me he looks to have lost a few pounds and worked harder on his game. Keep going Big John we will need you to be on top form for the next two games for sure[/quote]No mate, I was right in front of it and the frames 230, 231 and 232 show quite plainly that it was going wide.[/quote]Says the octogenarian with 20/20 vision.