Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

United Nations

[quote user="George Osborn"]Not sure it fully neutralises Heidi, Um Bongo and Ace of Base but it''s a good start.[/quote]As someone who recently worked in the Congo, I can reveal that, in fact, no one there drinks Um Bongo. We were all conned.

They probably just changed the name because now it sounds a bit racist. Over there it''s probably called "flavoured water" or something.

In Alabama, does everyone have Donald Trump tattoos and listen to Lynryd Skynryd?

Wait - maybe that was Houston.

[quote user="George Osborn"]They probably just changed the name because now it sounds a bit racist. Over there it''s probably called "flavoured water" or something.

In Alabama, does everyone have Donald Trump tattoos and listen to Lynryd Skynryd?

Wait - maybe that was Houston.[/quote]I had "Sweet home Alabama" looping in my head the entire time there[:(]Compared to the folks I had met previously in the big cities of NY and Chicago, I found everyone there delightfully polite and nice. Saw a few confederate flags flying though...

I would love to go to Athens in Georgia and stalk R.E.M.''s old hunting ground.  From a Saga coach these days though.
Have we have a thread listing all nationalities to play for City?
Other than UK players, I can think of (first players who spring to mind, apologies anoraks)
India (Keelan - tenuous?)
Holland (De Waard, Derveld, Van Wolfswinkel)  - WTF are we doing buying Dutch players?
France (De Blassis)
Switzerland (Klose)
Italy (Giallanza)
DR Congo (Mbokani)
Sweden (Olsson)
South Africa (Pattinson)
Canada (Brennan)
Norway (Flugelstad)
Australia (that god-awful loanee winger under Gunn, WTF his name was I can''t remember)
New Zealand (Killen in the name of)
Morocco (Safri)
Nigeria (Etuhu)
Cyprus (Goss, tenuous)
Portugal (Pinto)
Whitbread (USA)

Omar seems to be doing well though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Kyzylzhar

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Er... (Cough)...Ireland?...(cough)[/quote]Well spotted that man [:D][Y]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Sorry to pi$$ on everyone parade, but this thread was kind of done just a few months back.Sincerely,That guy everyone hates on a forum.[/quote]
"Kind of done" is not really done, however, is it?  For example our notable initial Canadian that was missed was Errol Crossan. He certainly should be on the list if an article for the Pink Un ever emerges from such records. There are probaly many others who have been overlooked too.   

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Sorry to pi$$ on everyone parade, but this thread was kind of done just a few months back.Sincerely,That guy everyone hates on a forum.[/quote]
"Kind of done" is not really done, however, is it?  For example our notable initial Canadian that was missed was Errol Crossan. He certainly should be on the list if an article for the Pink Un ever emerges from such records. There are probably many others who have been overlooked too.   

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Sorry to pi$$ on everyone parade, but this thread was kind of done just a few months back.Sincerely,That guy everyone hates on a forum.[/quote]
"Kind of done" is not really done, however, is it?  For example our notable initial Canadian that was missed was Errol Crossan. He certainly should be on the list if an article for the Pink Un ever emerges from such records. There are probably many others who have been overlooked too.   
[/quote]Just in case people didn''t get your post the second time.