Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk7

Under 21s / Owners

I went to my first under 21s game this evening, poor game, was expecting a little more from Adams.

I paid For my ticket and had a meal beforehand and sat in the directors box.

What really impressed me was who else was in attendance. Let''s face it, a wet Monday night, after a Home Saturday match, not a big crowd, in a nothing to play for game, you could have been forgiven for not expecting too many big names to turn out. However, they were all there, AN and his family, all of his backroom staff, the captain, RM, MWJ and Delias mum and of course DM. Not only were they there but they all looked genuinely happy to be there. It got me thinking how lucky we are. I know our owners could have a bit more cash, but how many other PL owners would be attending under 21 games?

Our club is a dying breed, and I know for some, the "family club" ethos is outdated and gives us a soft underbelly, but I honestly think we should be proud of it. It won''t be around forever, and as others have found out, big investment doesn''t always bring with it huge rewards.

Great post!Aye the games are always well attended, tonight was a bit flat for me, but Everton looked very good for their win.

[quote user="Suffolk7"]I went to my first under 21s game this evening, poor game, was expecting a little more from Adams.[/quote]He must be pretty slow down the wing these days.What on Earth is he doing playing for the under 21s?

[quote user="Suffolk7"]I went to my first under 21s game this evening, poor game, was expecting a little more from Adams.

I paid For my ticket and had a meal beforehand and sat in the directors box.

What really impressed me was who else was in attendance. Let''s face it, a wet Monday night, after a Home Saturday match, not a big crowd, in a nothing to play for game, you could have been forgiven for not expecting too many big names to turn out. However, they were all there, AN and his family, all of his backroom staff, the captain, RM, MWJ and Delias mum and of course DM. Not only were they there but they all looked genuinely happy to be there. It got me thinking how lucky we are. I know our owners could have a bit more cash, but how many other PL owners would be attending under 21 games?

Our club is a dying breed, and I know for some, the "family club" ethos is outdated and gives us a soft underbelly, but I honestly think we should be proud of it. It won''t be around forever, and as others have found out, big investment doesn''t always bring with it huge rewards.[/quote]Seriously though. Nice post [Y]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Do you think Mucus Evans turns out to watch ITFC U21s?[/quote]No. But I reckon he''s partial to Ipswich Town under 21 ladies of the night.

It''s a good point Suffolk, everything at the club certainly isn''t perfect but there are lots of things that most other fans, if they were honest, would be very envious of. It''s so easy to critisise but it''s good to see somebody drawing attention to the good things.

Great post though I didn''t get the reference to Adams as he hasn''t looked after the Under 21''s for a few years ( or am I missing something)

You can always be sure of seeing the owners, board members and some of the senior players at the Under 21 games, arent we lucky to have them all ??

You should probably keep in mind with Adam''s that at the moment he''s just raw potential with a bit of ability. He''s had nowhere near the standard of coaching our young players got at Colney. He''s been a part timer all his career, give him a year of full time professional coaching and U21 games and I think (hope) he''ll start to show why we bought him

[quote user="Suffolk7"]Thanks all.

Just to clarify, I''m talking about the lad we signed from Dartford Ebou Adams.[/quote]Oh right! Thanks for clarifying.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Do you think Mucus Evans turns out to watch ITFC U21s?[/quote]
Given that nobody''s ever seen him, how would you know if he didn''t?

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]How old is Delias Mum ?  She attends every game, a true supporter [/quote]She must be 90+, Delia is 74!

A D. Mirror article last year stated Delias mum was 96. So I guess she must be around 97 now!! Amazing lady!!!

I don''t know, I think getting older and older is overrated.
It''s like if you stay up until midnight, you can have a good time.  You stay up until 3am, you still have a good time but you''re tired and worn out and good for nothing
If your extra 20 years were in the 30-50 age band, I would be up for that.  But being 75 to 95, no thanks.  I''d rather peg it at 75 with all my faculties and physical capabilities more or less intact and less of a burden on my family.  Plus I haven''t saved loads for a pension I''ve barely touched :-)

Well I personally think involuntary euthanasia is the way forward, at what age I''m not quite sure!😉😉