Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Ipsh*t now 7 points from the play offs!

Poor result for them tonight, but one that I find amusing.

If we were to fail in securing Premiership

football this season, at least it looks as though they won''t be passing us in the opposite direction.

Long may Mick reign at Poorman Road.

Not sure we''re in a posistion to be gloating at them right now.

Personally I hope Mick doesn''t say. I think he does well with what he''s got and is getting them to overachieve. Without Mick I think that team could be hovering around the relegation zone.

[quote user="The gut"]Personally I hope Mick doesn''t say. I think he does well with what he''s got and is getting them to overachieve. Without Mick I think that team could be hovering around the relegation zone.[/quote]Yep.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Not sure we''re in a posistion to be gloating at them right now.[/quote]
Am I missing something?
- A board that actually cares about the club
- 4 out of the last 5 seasons in the Prem
- Millions of pounds available for players
- Quality players already at the club
- Young up and coming manager who had a brilliant championship record with us and has also managed to get over a terrible spell in the premier league
- Loyal fans, 25k in League One as opposed to 16k when chasing the playoffs in the championship.
OR
- A faceless board who is now owed 90 million from the club
- A drab ground they dont even own
- Freebies and Loans to try and make some sort of squad
- 15? Seasons in the same league.
- Beaten to the Premier League by their rivals.
- Boring Hoofball football that even their own fans can''t stand
^ That is just off the top of my head.

Don''t forget their History.....................which most of them admit is now irrelevant not forgetting those that would have remembered it are now 6 feet under.  Hilarious!

I''m amazed Mick is still there to be honest. He''s a proven promotion winning manager and I think most neutrals would agree he''s done a good job at Ipswich despite having very limited resources. I''d have thought a bigger, more ambitious championship club would have tempted him away by now, but perhaps he''s happier without the pressure that would bring.

[quote user="Peanuts"]I''m amazed Mick is still there to be honest. He''s a proven promotion winning manager and I think most neutrals would agree he''s done a good job at Ipswich despite having very limited resources. I''d have thought a bigger, more ambitious championship club would have tempted him away by now, but perhaps he''s happier without the pressure that would bring.[/quote]I''m confident he will go to Villa.And that won''t be a good thing for Ipswich at all.

I would prefer the status quo. It''s failing badly after all.

Neither do I think McCarthy is that wonderful.

He is really existing there based upon the repair job he did when he first went to Poorman Road but now, with more wanted by the binner faithful, he is being shown up as the footballing dinosaur that he inevitably is.

Change him and they might, just might uncover a Lambert/Neil .......... unlikely as it currently seems.

I saw a "Mick out" thread a couple of days ago when I looked at TWTD.  They don''t know when they''re well off.Yes, they might find a Lambert/Neil but their "history" under Evans would suggest it''s unlikely.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I saw a "Mick out" thread a couple of days ago when I looked at TWTD.  They don''t know when they''re well off.Yes, they might find a Lambert/Neil but their "history" under Evans would suggest it''s unlikely.[/quote]They are too stupid to see that the actual problem is their massive debt, that a lot of them don''t even consider as actual debt.MM is about the best they can hope for.

[quote user="morty"]I''m confident he will go to Villa.And that won''t be a good thing for Ipswich at all.[/quote]
I''d completely forgotten he''d been linked with them. Not the worst appointment Villa could make, what is it two championship promotions and a couple of play-offs he''s achieved? Not a bad record. I agree it could be trouble for them if he goes as with no money for players and a half empty stadium every week they aren''t exactly well placed to attract top managerial talent.