Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Kyle Lafferty

[quote user="morty"]I suspect a few people in this thread are just being belligerent to keep an argument going, rather than concede that their opinion doesn''t follow any logic other than "Well he can''t do no worse, can he?"[:D][/quote]

But by your logic Morty, we may as well pick the best eleven players at the start of the season and play the same team all season (subject to fitness) regardless of performances.

[quote user="Jim Moriarty"][quote user="morty"]I suspect a few people in this thread are just being belligerent to keep an argument going, rather than concede that their opinion doesn''t follow any logic other than "Well he can''t do no worse, can he?"[:D][/quote]

But by your logic Morty, we may as well pick the best eleven players at the start of the season and play the same team all season (subject to fitness) regardless of performances.[/quote]No, the manager is picking the best 11 players to play in each game.Kyle Lafferty isn''t one of them.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]I suspect a few people in this thread are just being belligerent to keep an argument going, rather than concede that their opinion doesn''t follow any logic other than "Well he can''t do no worse, can he?"[:D][/quote]

Like the "well who''s better?" ''arguement'' for keeping Neil!

[quote user="morty"]I suspect a few people in this thread are just being belligerent to keep an argument going, rather than concede that their opinion doesn''t follow any logic other than "Well he can''t do no worse, can he?"[:D][/quote]I suspect a few people in this thread are just being belligerent to keep

an argument going, rather than concede that their opinion doesn''t

follow any logic other than "Well he must be worse, musn''t he?"

Several posters have laid out facts and stats that show, actually, that Kyle Lafferty isn''t a brilliant striker.

Quite what some think he can offer, other than the strikers we have, is beyond me.

If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

He is not a PL striker by some distance. That this league is graced by the likes of Vardy, Lukaku, Kane, Aguero & Mahrez et al. it all seems rather second tier and desperate thinking to feel that that Kyle Lafferty is our the answer.

We might not be that graced with talent in the striking department as it stands but both Jerome and Mbokani have some pretence to the role at least.

He would likely bench warm in the Chumps. He did just that, in fact.

So better to keep playing a striker that is hampering our survival chances by missing sitter after sitter ? dont see it myself , you dont need to be a great player just have the confidence to smash the ball into the net when the chance arrives , Jerome has proved time and time again however easy the chance he will mess it up . Drop him for the rest of the season and sell in the summer .

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

He is not a PL striker by some distance. That this league is graced by the likes of Vardy, Lukaku, Kane, Aguero & Mahrez et al. it all seems rather second tier and desperate thinking to feel that that Kyle Lafferty is our the answer.

We might not be that graced with talent in the striking department as it stands but both Jerome and Mbokani have some pretence to the role at least.

He would likely bench warm in the Chumps. He did just that, in fact.[/quote]

Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?

This has turned into some sort of comedy Mexican standoff[:D]I shall bid you fine fellows good day, and return here to happily eat my words when Kyle Lafferty is banging them in, in the first team.

"Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?"

Sorry NBS but does that mean you think that our Kyle can be subject to some sort of metamorphosis and suddenly become a Jamie Vardy now that he''s twenty eight years old.

Nah!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?[/quote]True. But he did manage to get 20-odd goals from 60-odd appearances in the championship before that. Compared to 11 from over 100.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?"

Sorry NBS but does that mean you think that our Kyle can be subject to some sort of metamorphosis and suddenly become a Jamie Vardy now that he''s twenty eight years old.

Nah![/quote]

What it means is twofold -

1. That you shouldn''t be so quick to right off a player, even players in their latter 20''s.

2. That I take umbrage at your use of Vardy''s name being the first name you mention after your use of ''grace the PL'' as if he is some kind of Dennis Bergkamp. Yes he is quick and yes he has scored this season, but it is stretching things beyond belief to suggest he has graced the Premier League.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?[/quote]True. But he did manage to get 20-odd goals from 60-odd appearances in the championship before that. Compared to 11 from over 100.[/quote]

How many would he have got if he had been played on the wing? Let''s look at Redderz as a comparison 10 in 102 for Norwich.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?[/quote]True. But he did manage to get 20-odd goals from 60-odd appearances in the championship before that. Compared to 11 from over 100.[/quote]

How many would he have got if he had been played on the wing? Let''s look at Redderz as a comparison 10 in 102 for Norwich.[/quote]So, we should play Redderz up front then! "He couldn''t do any worse"![;)]

What it means is twofold -

1. That you shouldn''t be so quick to right off a player, even players in their latter 20''s.

2. That I take umbrage at your use of Vardy''s name being the first name you mention after your use of ''grace the PL'' as if he is some kind of Dennis Bergkamp. Yes he is quick and yes he has scored this season, but it is stretching things beyond belief to suggest he has graced the Premier League.

Sorry the. I was just listing this season''s PL top scorers in order.

If the word "graced" doesn''t suit I''ll readily change it for "played in."

However, semantics apart, do you think that KL could ever grace (sorry) that list?

I think the goal-scoring Lafferty is actually a mythical beast of folklore made up to give hope to the weak in the hours of darkness.

Apples

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

How many would he have got if he had been played on the wing? Let''s look at Redderz as a comparison 10 in 102 for Norwich.[/quote]So, we should play Redderz up front then! "He couldn''t do any worse"![;)][/quote]

How many international goals has Vardy scored? And let''s face it, if Lafferty can score for Northern Ireland against the likes of Hungary, Faroe Islands and Greece, then Vardy should have no trouble scoring for England against the minnows San Marino!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

How many would he have got if he had been played on the wing? Let''s look at Redderz as a comparison 10 in 102 for Norwich.[/quote]So, we should play Redderz up front then! "He couldn''t do any worse"![;)][/quote]

How many international goals has Vardy scored? And let''s face it, if Lafferty can score for Northern Ireland against the likes of Hungary, Faroe Islands and Greece, then Vardy should have no trouble scoring for England against the minnows San Marino![/quote]So let me get this straight - because Jamie Vardy hasn''t scored in his first few games for England, therefore Kyle Lafferty should start for Norwich City?Good try! Well played! [:)].... but it''s a no from me.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

How many international goals has Vardy scored? And let''s face it, if Lafferty can score for Northern Ireland against the likes of Hungary, Faroe Islands and Greece, then Vardy should have no trouble scoring for England against the minnows San Marino![/quote]So let me get this straight - because Jamie Vardy hasn''t scored in his first few games for England, therefore Kyle Lafferty should start for Norwich City?Good try! Well played! [:)].... but it''s a no from me.[/quote]

No.

So, OUR player''s goals for Northern Ireland don''t count. Yet LEICESTER''s Vardy is excused for not scoring for England against the minnows San Marino! That''s my issue.

Next you''ll be telling me the reason Vardy didn''t score against San Marino was because he was played on the wing!!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

How many international goals has Vardy scored? And let''s face it, if Lafferty can score for Northern Ireland against the likes of Hungary, Faroe Islands and Greece, then Vardy should have no trouble scoring for England against the minnows San Marino![/quote]So let me get this straight - because Jamie Vardy hasn''t scored in his first few games for England, therefore Kyle Lafferty should start for Norwich City?Good try! Well played! [:)].... but it''s a no from me.[/quote]

No.

So, OUR player''s goals for Northern Ireland don''t count. Yet LEICESTER''s Vardy is excused for not scoring for England against the minnows San Marino! That''s my issue.

Next you''ll be telling me the reason Vardy didn''t score against San Marino was because he was played on the wing!!![/quote]Interesting.If you look back at the thread, what I actually said was....."....And I agree about dismissing his international goal record. It does

prove that he can score goals. Just not at the level we need right now."
Vardy doesn''t need goals for England to prove that he can score goals in the Premier League. We know he can score goals in the Premier League, due to the number of goals he''s scored in the Premier League.You''re just trying to invent an argument. I''m never going to agree that Kyle Lafferty should start a game for Norwich City in the next 9 games. You clearly disagree.And that''s fine.

I think if Lafferty was better than our current strikers clubs better than Leeds would have shown interest, whilst between Neil Adams, Alex Neil and the collective professional coaching teams would have realised it by now and played him.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]

We could always try him at centre-back with Klose...

Apples

[/quote]
And move Bassong up front, a proven Champions League goal scorer [;)]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet.

No.

Next you''ll be telling me the reason Vardy didn''t score against San Marino was because he was played on the wing!!![/quote]Interesting.If you look back at the thread, what I actually said was....."....And I agree about dismissing his international goal record. It does

prove that he can score goals. Just not at the level we need right now."
Vardy doesn''t need goals for England to prove that he can score goals in the Premier League. We know he can score goals in the Premier League, due to the number of goals he''s scored in the Premier League.You''re just trying to invent an argument. I''m never going to agree that Kyle Lafferty should start a game for Norwich City in the next 9 games. You clearly disagree.And that''s fine.[/quote]

You''re the one trying to invent an argument by saying that I think Lafferty is the saviour, that I think he should be starting. If you read back through the thread you will see that my issue is with those bashing and taking the pee out of one of our own players and one who I don''t believe has been given a fair chance and not in his preferred position. Those who dismiss his goals and those who compare his stats when played on the wing against those of a player played as a striker. Furthermore excuses and allowances made for players who are not our own, where as everything is done seemingly with delight to put down our player.

There is no point continuing this interminable debate and certainly not with someone with such an inconsistent stance and who is seemingly unable to grasp or who us deliberately not doing so to perpetuate an argument, what my viewpoint is.

Adios.....

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Lafferty were to be in the starting line-up of any team we are due to face in the coming weeks I would fancy even our suspect defenders to cope with ease and even provide us with a rare clean sheet. He is not a PL striker by some distance. That this league is graced by the likes of Vardy, Lukaku, Kane, Aguero & Mahrez et al. it all seems rather second tier and desperate thinking to feel that that Kyle Lafferty is our the answer. We might not be that graced with talent in the striking department as it stands but both Jerome and Mbokani have some pretence to the role at least. He would likely bench warm in the Chumps. He did just that, in fact.[/quote] Is that the same Vardy who didn''t start scoring regularly in the Premier League until this season aged 28?[/quote]

True.

But he did manage to get 20-odd goals from 60-odd appearances in the championship before that.

Compared to 11 from over 100.
[/quote] How many would he have got if he had been played on the wing? Let''s look at Redderz as a comparison 10 in 102 for Norwich.[/quote]

So, we should play Redderz up front then! "He couldn''t do any worse"!

[;)]
[/quote] How many international goals has Vardy scored? And let''s face it, if Lafferty can score for Northern Ireland against the likes of Hungary, Faroe Islands and Greece, then Vardy should have no trouble scoring for England against the minnows San Marino![/quote]

So let me get this straight - because Jamie Vardy hasn''t scored in his first few games for England, therefore Kyle Lafferty should start for Norwich City?

Good try! Well played! [:)]

.... but it''s a no from me.
[/quote] No. So, OUR player''s goals for Northern Ireland don''t count. Yet LEICESTER''s Vardy is excused for not scoring for England against the minnows San Marino! That''s my issue. Next you''ll be telling me the reason Vardy didn''t score against San Marino was because he was played on the wing!!![/quote]

Interesting.

If you look back at the thread, what I actually said was.....

"....And I agree about dismissing his international goal record. It does prove that he can score goals. Just not at the level we need right now."

Vardy doesn''t need goals for England to prove that he can score goals in the Premier League. We know he can score goals in the Premier League, due to the number of goals he''s scored in the Premier League.

You''re just trying to invent an argument. I''m never going to agree that Kyle Lafferty should start a game for Norwich City in the next 9 games. You clearly disagree.

And that''s fine.
[/quote]

This made me smile.

If Cameron Jerome was a Premiership striker he would never have signed for Norwich , the fact is nobody in the top flight wanted him , why ? because he has always been sh1te at this level always has been and always will be .Shows just how pathetic Alex Neil is to keep picking players like Jerome and Russell Martin week in week out its laughable and that''s why we are relegated .

Looks like he''s Wednesday bound :

http://www.footballinsider247.com/leeds-transfer-news-lafferty-set-to-snub-leeds-for-sheffield-wednesday/?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]If Cameron Jerome was a Premiership striker he would never have signed for Norwich , the fact is nobody in the top flight wanted him , why ? because he has always been sh1te at this level always has been and always will be .Shows just how pathetic Alex Neil is to keep picking players like Jerome and Russell Martin week in week out its laughable and that''s why we are relegated . [/quote]

Will you be suicidal if we stay up ? lol