Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Thanks for the response Delia, but you're talking rubbish!

IMO anyway.  She says they don''t want to do "knee jerk reactions".  Knee jerk is sacking a manager in August when he hasn''t had time to prove himself, not approaching November when results and performances have got steadily worse.  She talks about Hull at home.  ONE game Delia!  ONE!  Anybody can play well for a single game (and it wasn''t even a game, just a half!).  She talkes about "6 or 7 injuries".  Well 1) Every club gets injuries and 2) Surely we should have the squad to compensate for injuries.  Sheff Utd do.  She talks about how it is hard to "re-motivate a relegated team".  Indeed it is.  However, surely showing a bit of passion, agression, forward thinking, attack mindedness would solve this motivational problem?  Not playing players out of position and putting high on confidence players on the bench.

She concludes by saying that she and the board are here to serve US.  You and me.  The fans.  If that is the case then bloody well serve is Delia.  9 out of 10 fans want Nigel to go.  You are the most incredible women Delia.  You have changed this club I love beyond recognition and nothing will ever make me change my opinion of you.  You are a god to Norwich fans and always will be.  But do what the fans want.  Do what they want

Well actually she did say one correct thing..."a good manager doesn''t turn bad over night", Worthington has been lacking ideas for a while!

Spot on DD- If she IS a fan at the end of the day then surely she would see the fact of the matter is that worthy took us as far as his managerial capabilities allowed when the team was promoted.

Does she realise the implications of not Sacking Worthy right now?

A) we would lose key players who are hold the key to our success and while we would get money from the transfers we would not be able to replace them with players of equal talent (example: Francis)

B) The result of point ''A'' is another long spell in the duldrums of Div 1- maybe even Div 2. It would be complacent to suggest we are too good to go down.

C) Financially we would struggle badly: Season Ticket sales, merchandise sales would dwindle as would sponsorship interest etc and we would still have to find the repayments on the new NU stand.

Please correct me if I am wrong in what I am saying above but it is obvious that a new man and fresh approach would revitalise the players and we would still be able to make something of this season. If we can all see it- why cant the board. I would hate to see the giant strides we have made since the late 90''s come to nothing.

ON THE BALL

Regardless of what Delia says in her press release it basically boils down to:

"We''re not going to sack NW because we don''t want to and we can''t afford to either"

Which IMO leaves tbe doubters with three choices:

a) Stop going to matches until he is sacked (might be some time though...)

b) Keep going to matches and boo/jeer/moan (after all you have already paid for that season ticket)

c) Keep going to matches and reluctantly get behind the team

I was a long term supporter of Worthy until I sat through the Luton and QPR fiascos and am now of the opnion that he''s taken the team as far as he can. However, he isn''t going anywhere and I do concede that we''ve have a bad run of injuries (even though I know he should''ve got in some suitable backup over the summer). So for me it''s going to have to be option c as option a is unthinkable and I''m not capable of option b.

Its a disappointing statement, basically blaming injuries.

Another thought that occurred to me is that its hardly as if we set the Prem alight either. We never really adapted to it until it was too late and failing to win a single away game was pure embarrasment.

She said we have struggled to adapt. Rubbish. We were poor last season and worse this season, that''s not "failing to adapt" its a spiral of decline.

Shocking  to point to a few decent minutes at Hull as "evidence" this things might be  Ok. wake up delia, we may not have a "full strength" side available the whole season, and Deano may go in Jan. We have enough quality to do well injuries notwithstanding.

She has just stuck her head in her hand, swallowed everything Nigel has been telling her, and this pseudo "vote of confidence" won''t make any difference except to exasperate us all further.

Depressing.

I haven''t been on here for over 5 months but I can''t contain myself with this one, I mean wearing a tie at a football match is an absolute disgrace

The injury thing is the biggest red herring of the lot.  On sat we were basically missing only Safri and Drury as key personnel.

Yet the statement makes out that the loss of just those two players explains why sats performance was so woeful?  Where is the evidence that Worthy is motivating the players to give their all - it was not there from 10 players on sat - only Deano gave it his full effort.  If worthy cannot secure the effort then delivering results will not happen.   And that is before we consider Worthys managerial record for the previous 15 games this year or 40 from last season where there are far too many similar horror stories for this to be a knee jerk reaction from the fans.

The statement did what the statemet had to do - support the manager - but god they have to be worried more than that reads - dont they??

OTBC  

I don''t think this statement tells the full story. It is very clear in that it comes from the fans perspective, but if results don''t pick up it''s going to turn into a business decision. I still think it''s interesing that we haven''t heard from the chairman, instead we get Delia and another "lets be avin ya" rallying cry. Delia''s sentiment is admirable and she is praying as we should be that Worthy really can turn this around, but I don''t think it changes the cold, hard reality that a few more poor results will mean the neccessity to replace him.

Come on, do we really think this statement means Worthy will catagorically not be sacked? Because I''m sure I''ve heard similar messages of support from the boards of other clubs who have lo and behold had a change in team management a few poor games later.

Oh dear.   As an alleged "supporter" of the club I''d hoped for a more passionate statement than that claptrap that was obviously ghosted by a club spin doctor.   Where is the passion of that night against Man City?

We''re not suffering due to injuries, we''re suffering and have been suffering for over a season from a manager who''s not up to the job - he was cruelly exposed in the Premiership as a novice and his tactics and this season he''s just been downright bad - but at least he''s had the guts to hold his hands up.

What worries me is that the club aren''t looking ahead to the possibility that we will still be in this division next season - will there still be sold out signs at the games then?

Come on Delia, I know that you''re more than just a supporter with all your money you''ve invested in the club, but do you really see that you''ll get any return with Worthy at the helm?   We''ve all seen talk about business management on this site - if the company isn''t performing, who''s the first to go - that''s right, the man at the helm!!!!

The injury point is a good one Zipper.  If we had half our first teamers out then fair enough.  We haven''t though.  We just don''t have the squad to compensate.  I wrote the above post in a bit of a rant last night but there was one thing I forgot to mention.  Last season we nearly stayed up.  However, this is was only because it was one of the weakest leagues since the Premiership was founded.  Probably THE weakest league.  If we had stayed up it would have been with a record low points tally.  In any other season we would have been relegated by easter.  Also, if Deano hadn''t come in and started putting some match winning performances in, we would have gone down sooner than we did.  Worthington was found out tactically last year.  I and others brushed it off though as we were in the top flight, playing top class sides.  When he gets caught out against the Luton''s, the QPR''s and the Stoke''s though, that''s when we need to get worried.

And believe me I''m very bloody worried. 

Its definitely nothing to do with injuries. Worthy could stick Rooney and Lampard in there and within half a dozen matches they too would be running around like headless chickens.

No, the rot that has set in runs deep and its structural. In the Hamilton era we knew that many of the players were not up to standard. Here there is no such excuse. Nigel is turning wine into water whilst letting the goodwill and fantastic momentum of the last two years dribble through his fingers.

Delia and Co ignore the views of the customer base, as informed as any Board member on matters on the pitch, at their peril.

i agree with loads thats been said, ok maybe we can forgive a loss to Southampton, or Reading as these teams are banging on the door of the premiership and are the best the league has to offer.. but the other teams we have lost to we are more than capable of beating at a canter but havent!

Delia says its so hard to motivate a relegated side... Is it really Delia??? in that case how come Ian Dowie and Harry Redknapp can do it easily and Nigel cant, surely its a pasionless manager who finds it hard to motivate a pasionless team.

Of course the players support and back Worthy, they have it bloody easy!!!! every time they lose nice bloke Worthy says "we have to go back to basics, believe in our selves, passion commitment work rate!". thats why the players back him... a new manager comes the first thing he''s going to do is sort the wheat from the chaff... the players are going to get chastised for not performing and "cushy little job" at Norwich wont be so cushy after all when someone expecting results comes in...

It is the easy life here. not the in at 3 am training other clubs approach.... ok so we dont want a hitler as our manager who bullies our players, but someone who can make sure they never make the same mistakes again would help.

you cant blame injuries, as the team should have the bodies to cover, whteher they be another 1st team squad member or a raw and ready kid from the youth team.... our problems lie in between 1. Worthy wont use kids 2) we dont have the bodies to cover.

In the summer Watford signed Les Ferdinand... ok so hes an ageing 37 year old who barely plays.. but i gaurentee the first sign of an injury crisis at the Hornets and old man Les will be thrust into the firing line... it matters not on age or ability, its an experianced body and one that can fill in.,.. a round peg in a round hole...

If we lost another striker, Worthy would stick Defender Doherty up front, or probably Andy Hughes in the vain attempt they might get on the end of something.. id sooner we had a 37 year old who has seen it all beofre than someones whjos going to aimlessly chase the ball up front without a real hope of sticking it away when they get it...

I have heard Rumours that a protest is planned for 5pm on saturday Lose OR Win! it will be interesting to see just what the board come out with once the team has been supported and the fans have left the ground to protest.

jas