Sign in to follow this  
canaryrock

does anyone know when they will announce the new sponsors ?

Aviva were announced in April, so might be this month! I have heard nothing from anyone about a new sponsor so led to think it might be Coral

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Oh please not a bookies, so shameful to promote gambling.[/quote]

Ironic coming from a scummer.

Perhaps this will have an influence on the new sponsors???

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/middling-premier-league-teams-to-form-breakaway-mediocrity-league-20160407107830

I wonder who the club spokesperson was?

Apples

Could well still be negotiating depending what league we''re in next season. Surely we will want to squeeze as much money as we can out of a new sponsor and playing at the top level will allow us to do that.

I don''t have a problem whoever it is, gambling firms seem to be pretty common sponsors and IMO we shouldn''t be prevented from doing the same on some random moral grounds. I''m not particularly a fan of gambling, but don''t have an issue - I have never really used any of our other sponsored products, so wouldn''t feel the need to now

Presumably any financial element is tiered to the division we''re in, but I guess we are in a stronger position if we know we''re safe and the sponsors know they will get full PL exposure next season.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Oh please not a bookies, so shameful to promote gambling.[/quote]
Why is it shameful?

Agreed, it''s no worse than any other form of sponsor (perhaps except ISIS...and we''d need to change our colours to black and white for that).

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Agreed, it''s no worse than any other form of sponsor (perhaps except ISIS...and we''d need to change our colours to black and white for that).

Apples[/quote]Perhaps somewhere for Newcastle to go after Wonga?

Hmmmmm good point Morty...and Sports Direct could to the merch at knock down rates (I wonder if Mike Ashley has considered this business plan???).

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Hmmmmm good point Morty...and Sports Direct could to the merch at knock down rates (I wonder if Mike Ashley has considered this business plan???).

Apples[/quote][:D]Wouldn''t surprise me if it was already under discussion..