Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Right Back Position

Jarvis was given space time and time again by Anita on that right hand side yet all he did was stay out wide and cross it into the goalkeepers arms.

Redmond needs to play for me; he''s in great form and is our top scorer despite being out of the team for a lot of games during the new year, he''s the one who makes things happen.

And lets not forget, this is only the first of three crucial games, we still need to act positively, there''s no point holding out for draws as our team can''t seem to do that very often; we need to go for the jugula, especially against a Palce team low on confidence.

Jarvis'' crossing was poor on saturday but other than that he played well.
The great thing about Jarvis at the moment is he''s almost a ''free bonus attacker'' for us at the moment. He''s more than capable of defending, doesn''t seem to get horribly beaten like Redmond does and seems to have some positional sense. But he can also beat a full-back and whilst not shown on saturday, can provide crosses etc too.

[quote user="hogesar"]Jarvis'' crossing was poor on saturday but other than that he played well.

The great thing about Jarvis at the moment is he''s almost a ''free bonus attacker'' for us at the moment. He''s more than capable of defending, doesn''t seem to get horribly beaten like Redmond does and seems to have some positional sense. But he can also beat a full-back and whilst not shown on saturday, can provide crosses etc too.

[/quote]

Exactly.  It''s not a must-win game on Saturday, a point is fine, Jarvis doesn''t leave us unprotectec on the flank and offers something going forward, so the right choice now IMO despite not being perfect.

Big fan of Redmond but I would prefer him coming off the bench for this one. I rate Jarvis and his defensive work is so much better than Redmonds, we look much more solid with him at the moment. My feeling is he is still coming back to full fitness and is going to improve over the next few games. To have Redmond coming on as a sub if we are behind is a bonus, especially against tired legs.

Jarvis all the way. Barring injuries/suspensions the very same eleven should be fielded against Palace.

Wouldn''t change a winning side either but it''s good to know NR will be waiting in the wings if needed.

He''s probably our best impact player.

I do think Jarvis is possibly a bit better defensively but there a few times he fails to get track back and avoids the level of criticism Redmond would receive.

I also think Redmond could teach Jarvis a thing or two about coordination - you don''t see Redmond lose the ball under his feet as often as Jarvis does.

Haha what?

Not once did I say Steven Whittaker was a premier league player. In fact, I wrote only his name to imply that that is all we need to know about him and that he shouldn''t be near the starting 11, despite being a good servant to the club.

I think you may have misunderstood this post. Try looking into things more before you start spouting ****.

[quote user="Darth Vadis"]Haha what?

Not once did I say Steven Whittaker was a premier league player. In fact, I wrote only his name to imply that that is all we need to know about him and that he shouldn''t be near the starting 11, despite being a good servant to the club.

I think you may have misunderstood this post. Try looking into things more before you start spouting ****.[/quote]

Accidentally pressed reply instead of quote.

@ Number 9 maybe I do need help..