Sign in to follow this  
AJ

We can relegate Villa

I''m not sure if anybody has already mentioned this on here but I''ve not seen anything.

According to Sky Sports if we better Aston Villa''s result this weekend we will officially relegate them from the premier league. Could be a nice motivating factor for the lads. I hope we can beat Sunderland and relegate them along with Newcastle too. I would certainly wear a smug grin!

In terms of Sunderland..

they can be relegated on the 30th if they lose to Stoke at 3pm, if not we can do the job for them against Arsenal at 5pm.

(this assumes they lose against Leicester, Arsenal and us and we win against Palace and them).

We don''t need to relegate Villa - they can manage it all by themselves.

Mind you, I must agree that it will be sweet after the p*sstaking we had to put up with from their fans when they got Lambert.

Let''s just wait until we are 100% safe before we return the compliment though.

[quote user="Sooty57"]We don''t need to relegate Villa - they can manage it all by themselves.

Mind you, I must agree that it will be sweet after the p*sstaking we had to put up with from their fans when they got Lambert.

Let''s just wait until we are 100% safe before we return the compliment though.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="CanaryOne"]I think Leicester are a defeat waiting to happen , lets hope their luck does not run out this Sunday ,[/quote]Yes, they do seem to win most of their games by just 1 goal... and they only drew against Villa In January. Not what we''ve seen from previous league title contenders/winners, where Chelsea and Manchesters United & City would regularly win by a 3 or 4 goal margin.

Leicester have quite a lot of average Prem players, with several players who''ve moved up a big step this seaon, a manager who''s got them very organised in defence, a massive team ethos, immense self-belief, and they work extremely hard.

If they win the title, it will also be because the recent teams with a track record of winning the Prem - Chelsea, Man City, Man U - have all blown it this season, one way or another.  If it was Man City or Chelsea where Spurs are now, you''d say Leicester would probably blow it, but Spurs if anything are more likely to crack under the pressure IMO.

Leicester started the season playing a counter-attacking style and a lot of teams played into their hands by trying to dominate them in possession.  Including us at CR.  Now people have worked them out and they don''t get the big counter-attacking openings as much.  Against us, they looked pretty ordinary for most of the game.  But they kept plugging away which was why they nailed us in the 89th minute, and their defence is very tight which always makes it easy to pick up points.

I can see them losing to a team like Sunderland, but I think there''s a good chance they''ll find the way through to get a goal or two which will probably translate into a draw or away win.

If the Prem was decided over the last 38 games, Leicester would walk away with the title.

Not really bothered by Villa because they''re down in reality already.  If we get a better result than them at the weekend, that would relegate them, because they''d be over 15 points behind with 5 games to go.  If we get the same result, they''d theoretically be able to survive by winning all 5 games and a big enough goal difference swing, if we didn''t get another point etc etc.  But they''ve no real chance anyway, so we should just look out for themselves.

Well said Sooty, I think relegating another side could be a good moral boost though - but I wouldn''t be happy until we are certainly safe.

Villa are practically down already and despite our recent good form I''m not going to get carried away just yet - two good results against Palace and Sunderland and I''ll feel a lot happier!
At the other end of the table it''s definitely for Leicester to lose now as Spurs don''t have the easiest run-in and if anything I''d say Arsenal have a better chance of catching them if Leicester start to drop points.
I should be pleased that a team outside the traditional big clubs is looking likely to win the league but from what I''ve seen of them this season Leicester''s style has been pretty industrial and not exactly thrilling to watch. By contrast whenever I''ve seen Spurs they''ve played some beautiful football and with their young squad I''d like to see them win the title.

Some good points Peanuts, and I have the same moral dilemma about who I''d prefer to win. Not only have Spurs played some good football, they are also full of English talent and would be the youngest (on avg) squad to ever win the Premier League by quite some margin at just over 25. I was told the other day the oldest player they have fielded in a league game is 28 (Vertonghen). Incredibly considering where they are in the league!

As for Leicester, well, I think it''s theirs to lose and they''ll deserve to win it if they keep up their form. Either side would be worthy winners, but either way it''s been an incredible season and I''m glad Norwich have been part of it - I just hope we do enough between now and the last game to be here next season too.

With all due respect to the decent Villa supporters (they have at least 8), my overriding memory of their supporters in general at matches are of bloody unpleasant fu(ktards, so I''ll be delighted first and foremost if we get the result for US today, whilst giving a little karma back to those that gave us their cocky big club jibes over bringing Lambert to Villa Park. But I know Palace will be a very difficult game today, so fingers crossed big time! 👍 OTBC