Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Question for Italian Canaries

Hopefully Cantiaci or Parma will see this - was just wondering how hard is it to find bars in Italy showing Premier League games? I''ll be in Northern Italy the day we play Sunderland, and I know BT sport are showing live coverage of it so just wondering what the chances are that I''ll find a bar that will show it? Can''t bare to think I''ll miss the crucial game! Cheers folks 👍

I realise it would be preferable to be in a bar, but as contingency, can''t you borrow someone''s BT Sport account and watch it online?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I realise it would be preferable to be in a bar, but as contingency, can''t you borrow someone''s BT Sport account and watch it online?[/quote]

Good idea Nuff 👍 - I suppose that is a fall back option but hopefully an Italian sports channel will cover it, fingers crossed!

Read this thread Alex, it was discussed at great lengths last week!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3359695/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks again for the replies folks 👍

Parma, I think at that point we should be in the North East of Italy, possibly South Tyrol maybe? That said, we could be in Venice - I''m not the driver on our road trip so it depends how much headway we''ve made!

Assuming you''re taking the west-east autostrada from Milan across to Venice, let me know which City you''re in and I can maybe direct you to a bar via friends....Mantova, Verona, Padova....

Naturally dropping down via Piacenza, Modena, Parma, Bologna and up highly recommended....

Warning: those who enter Emilia-Romagna leave 2kg heavier....though much happier...

Parma ❤️🎉💰🍝👌🇮🇹💁🕶

Tell the driver to watch out on the roads in Venice-they tend to be flooded all year round 😉

Thanks Parma, I''ll be in touch! Your last sentence made me laugh, we''re on a reptile spotting holiday so there will be a lot of walking, but I''ll remember your advice buddy 😂

😂 @ MrAngry

[quote user="Alex "]Thanks Parma, I''ll be in touch! Your last sentence made me laugh, we''re on a reptile spotting holiday so there will be a lot of walking, but I''ll remember your advice buddy 😂

😂 @ MrAngry[/quote]
Haha that must be the most random holiday I''ve ever heard of. Horses for courses I guess. Enjoy anyway fella, and good luck finding a bar!

I have a number of girlfriends who would be quick to suggest that they could swiftly help you in that quest Alex.....😇😂🕶❤️🇮🇹🎉🍾🎼

Parma 😘👌❤️🍝👏💁💁🇮🇹🎼💰🕶😇

The only interest in reptiles evinced by any Italian girl friend of mine manifested itself in searching designer outlets for snakeskin boots and

alligator skin handbags .......... [;)]

Thanks Parma, I''ll be in touch! Your last sentence made me laugh, we''re on a reptile spotting holiday so there will be a lot of walking, but I''ll remember your advice

Need to be looking in Stevenage, surely?

@KIO, haha, yes mate, I suppose it is quite random - I just find it a bit more exciting than birdwatching (which I''ll sort of be doing as well 😉) - Italy has many weird and wonderful reptiles and amphibians, my main aim is to see a Long nosed viper (Vipera ammodytes) in the wild. But all that will stop when it''s match day against Sunderland, I''m going with an old Man City friend of mine who''s developed a soft spot for NCFC so he wants to watch the game too 👍. Just hoping the Italian bars cover the Premier League now, we''ll see!.

@WestCoast - a quick Google search of Cantium and Cantiaci shows I''m up there with Jade Goody - at least we''ll be going through Kent for the Eurotunnel whateveritscalled 😂

@VanWink - hopefully my mate will find the yellow and green subspecies next Saturday lunchtime 😉👍

[quote user="Alex "]@WestCoast - a quick Google search of Cantium and Cantiaci shows I''m up there with Jade Goody - at least we''ll be going through fKent for the Eurotunnel whateveritscalled 😂[/quote] [Y] [:D]

[quote user="Alex "]@KIO, haha, yes mate, I suppose it is quite random - I just find it a bit more exciting than birdwatching (which I''ll sort of be doing as well 😉) - Italy has many weird and wonderful reptiles and amphibians, my main aim is to see a Long nosed viper (Vipera ammodytes) in the wild. But all that will stop when it''s match day against Sunderland, I''m going with an old Man City friend of mine who''s developed a soft spot for NCFC so he wants to watch the game too 👍. Just hoping the Italian bars cover the Premier League now, we''ll see!.[/quote]

Haha good luck in your viper quest mate. Guess it''s as good an excuse as any to go and do some hiking/exploring. I saw a sea snake in Thailand last year (picture below) and that was pretty cool (my passion is scuba diving and the wildlife underwater). Saw it swimming into the bay and then watched it come ashore. Just be careful and don''t get yourself bitten! Big Smile [:D]