Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Predictions and Team for Palace?

Same team for me.

Jarvis gives us much more defensive strength than Redmond and that has been a major factor for me in the last two games.

Don''t think we need to go gun-ho at Palace to win.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Same team for me.

Jarvis gives us much more defensive strength than Redmond and that has been a major factor for me in the last two games.

Don''t think we need to go gun-ho at Palace to win.[/quote] This, no question.

I, too, would like to see a settled side with no changes from the last match and keeping Redmond and Bamford as attacking options depending on how things are panning out on the day. Bennett edges it over Bassong for me and Wisdom to keep Martin out a little longer. I struggle to see where the weakest links are from Saturday where blatantly stronger options are available. That said, injuries/illness can strike at any time and who knows what tactics Neil may be contemplating to counteract any Palace threat?

I also agree with retaining Naismith over Hoolahan. It may be a biased perception of some sort, but recently our performance seems to have dipped somewhat whenever Naismith leaves the pitch.

Same team for me also. Think a 1-1 draw is on the cards but a win would be fantastic.

OTBC

I''d tend to the same team as well, though my one doubt would be Bennett. Had Klose been marking Mitrovic, I doubt that he would have scored. Bassong is left-sided, so he makes a more natural pairing with Klose. Having said that though, whatever AN decides is good enough for me.

Unchanged team.

We never win at Palace. This is their "must win" match of the season. We never win two away games in a row.

2-1 to them unfortunately.

But I will be so happy to be wrong.

I agree about not changing a winning team, but I would like to see a bit more of Bamford. I feel he could have the makings of a great player and if we involve him more there''s a good chance he would agree to sign for us at the end of the season.

If it ain''t broke... Same team for me. Good pace for us out wide in attack and defence, especially on the left, which will be important against Palace.

I know AN''s certainly not counting his chickens, but he looks confident at the moment and this bodes well. A close, sometimes fraught, game but I think we''ll edge it: 1-2.

Is it too much to hope for a 2-0? We do that and I think we''d really go into the Sunderland match on a cloud!

As for a draw? Well, not a disaster as Sunderland have Leicester and I could still see that as us moving a point further away and another game less to play.

I think it''s a game we can win if we play like we have over the last few weeks. The only thing that worries me the most about this game is the pace Palace have in their team. Pace is one thing we do tend to struggle against.

But Palace are in terrible form right now & they''ve lost their last 6 Home games, the last win for them at home was against Southampton in December. They also have some very tough games coming up with the likes of Everton, Arsenal & Man Utd so they will see this as a must win, although a draw for them wouldn''t be the most awful result.

I''m hoping for an unchanged side & heart says 2-1 to Norwich, but head says draw 0-0.

This is a great chance to put some real distance between us & the bottom 3 with a win and keep this run going. I just hope we can do it! OTBC!

2 wins on the trot and unbeaten in 3, knowing City it''s time for a no show.

As others have said we don''t want to go gung-ho in this game but AN in the article on the front page says we need to go there and attack them which I fear would leave us exposed to be picked off on the counter attack.

Having said that if Bamford is involved at any point he''ll have a point to prove to Pardew and I can see him getting on the scoresheet.

1-2, away win.

I''m continuing to play the mindless optimism card. Another tight match ahead. The change in mindset of recent weeks should see them over the line.

Suspect AN will go with Russell Martin at right back, judging by his comments today. Would stick with Jarvis out wide though, with Redmond on as sub to run at them later on. Would be great if Bamford could come on and score too - really wind Pardew up!

for me Palaces biggest threat is pace down the flanks, Wisdom appears quicker than Martin so would stick with him ( although I think Martin offers more attacking wise)

Left side Ollsson and Brady should be able to deal with what pace they have and both can score goals!!!

If Mbokani plays - and I can'' t see him not - then It''s Naismith for me as somebody to feed off him rather than Wes who will create for a more mobile lone forward.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]for me Palaces biggest threat is pace down the flanks, Wisdom appears quicker than Martin so would stick with him ( although I think Martin offers more attacking wise)

Left side Ollsson and Brady should be able to deal with what pace they have and both can score goals!!!

If Mbokani plays - and I can'' t see him not - then It''s Naismith for me as somebody to feed off him rather than Wes who will create for a more mobile lone forward.[/quote]Trouble is our "more mobile lone forward", M Jerome couldn''t hit a cows ar$e with a banjo right now!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]for me Palaces biggest threat is pace down the flanks, Wisdom appears quicker than Martin so would stick with him ( although I think Martin offers more attacking wise)

If Mbokani plays - and I can'' t see him not - then It''s Naismith for me as somebody to feed off him rather than Wes who will create for a more mobile lone forward.[/quote]Trouble is our "more mobile lone forward", M Jerome couldn''t hit a cows ar$e with a banjo right now![/quote]
Yeah that''s been a bit of a key issue for us this season. Play Jerome with Hoolahan behind and we seem to create more guilt edge chances....which we then miss.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]for me Palaces biggest threat is pace down the flanks, Wisdom appears quicker than Martin so would stick with him ( although I think Martin offers more attacking wise)

If Mbokani plays - and I can'' t see him not - then It''s Naismith for me as somebody to feed off him rather than Wes who will create for a more mobile lone forward.[/quote]Trouble is our "more mobile lone forward", M Jerome couldn''t hit a cows ar$e with a banjo right now![/quote]
Yeah that''s been a bit of a key issue for us this season. Play Jerome with Hoolahan behind and we seem to create more guilt edge chances....which we then miss.
[/quote]I like Cameron Jerome, Alex Neil loves him, he can do everything, he has strength, pace, a footballing brain, but feet like 50 pences.Sadly he has settled back to the level he was previously at in the Premiership, which is barely good enough.

[quote user="curious yellow"]Are Palace bringing their own ref again?[/quote]

It''s the one and only Michael Oliver !

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled1_zpsb0goj6l5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled1_zpsb0goj6l5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

2 nil Palace. They will be desperate to end their poor run and will see Norwich as a must win.

I suspect and hope it will be the same team.