Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Predictions and Team for Palace?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith and when you''re away from home I think that is important; hopefully we can get on the ball and control the game, denying Palace to build any confidence in the match. However by doing this we arguably have less of a goal threat.[/quote]A point is not enough at this time of the season, I will be extremely disappointed if Alex Neil sets up for a draw, and I will also find it extremely out of character.[/quote]A point away from home is always a good point.[/quote]Agreed. But if we take a point, and Sunderland take three, we''re almost back to square one.We need to maximise the forward momentum we have discovered.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Mr Morty, the stats reveal that we win more when Wessi plays, however, that could be skewed because Naismith hasnt been here long.[/quote]When was the last time though?

not really, wins are obviously good, but out of the 3 crucial games, 4 points after 2 of them with Sunderland to play - I would''ve taken that before the Newcastle game. As long as we don''t give away 3 points to either team in the next 2 games I''ll be happy.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]not really, wins are obviously good, but out of the 3 crucial games, 4 points after 2 of them with Sunderland to play - I would''ve taken that before the Newcastle game. As long as we don''t give away 3 points to either team in the next 2 games I''ll be happy.[/quote]We need to push on and take as many points as possible, theres always odd results at the end of the season.I would settle for a point if Sunderland was some foregone conclusion, but its really not.Palace are fragile, we need to put them to the sword.

One criticism against hoolahoops is that his scoring record is not that great and I see Naismith putting a few more in the back of the net.

Jarvis is due a game and defensively we need to be sound. Wisdom did a very good job and I think he should keep his place. Impressed with his performance considering he had been out for a wee bit

Palace on a poor run but i dont feel they are playing that badly. Have certainly picked up in past few games. One thing we do know is that pace scares the **** out of us. Zaha,

Bolasie, Puncheon, Sako will all run at us.

Having said that we outplayed them in august and were robbed of 3 points.

Hoping for a 2-1 to us but think a 1-1 is far more likely.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Mr Morty, the stats reveal that we win more when Wessi plays, however, that could be skewed because Naismith hasnt been here long.[/quote]When was the last time though?[/quote]

You know as well as I,

Lost to Swansea in March with Wes, but also lost to Costa''s offside goal + really good display against ManC.

So two losses and a draw.

Very difficult to get a comparison via stats because Naismith hasn''t been here all season + he probably ain''t match fit quite yet

And I know we haven''t done well against them, but they are on an appalling run of form and we should keep the same team to go for it, really push for a comfortable win.

My view is Wes plays much better at home, usually because of the way AN sets up the team. Away from home and after last weeks performance i would expect to see Naismith start, AN would never set up for a draw, just not his nature.

Having said that, great opportunity for 3 points this visit to Palarse, but a draw would not be the end of the world.

[quote user="morty"]People saying Hoolahan ( and for God''s sake try and hide your man crush) what has Naismith done to deserve losing his place?[/quote]Naismith certainly had one on Janmaat last Saturday..[:D]A win at Palace is long overdue. We''re on a bit of a roll right now so I''d go same team and a 2-1 away win.

Would be  content to see much the team as the Newcastle match, maybe with Bamford coming on in the 2nd half instead of Cam  in last match. As to predicting a result, City have done so well grabbing 7 points from 3 games, but so many things suggest a Palace win, i have to go with that.City just dont win 2 successive away games in the Prem, nor do they win 3 successive games home or away. Palace is not one of our happiest hunting grounds, also Palace are long long overdue a win, and they have improved much of late. City have opened a small but noticable gap in points between us and the two NE clubs, but see nothing but the 3 team tussle going to the wire, so expecting that hole to fill in again.There is enough there to say to me Palace win, also my own gut feeling, which means diddly, but should City actually get 3 points, it would go against so many things that happen in "the Norwich way", that it would break new territory as regards City and their recent  form in the Prem. I would be satisfied with even a point. But you know, its just 1 game, so why not?

Unchanged team I reckon. I think its easy for some to under-estimate Palace. AN will not want to lose this one so I''ll be happy with 0-0 draw and hope for a win 0-1 It will be close and it will be a tight game.

I think so far, Hoolahan has proven himself more useful than Naismith. However, last week was one of Naismith''s better performances so would be an odd time to drop him. If he does though, I can understand it. Hoolahan has chipped in with goals and assists throughout the season.

mrs miggins wrote:

The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith

George Osborn wrote:

I disagree. Naismith when played in the central role behind a striker, as with Newcastle, is stronger and better at both keeping and shielding the ball. He lacks Wes''s passing ability, but with two wide players providing service & Mbokani winning and holding the ball, this is less of an issue as Naismith becomes a goalscoring threat rather than a provider.

........................................................................................................................

When Hoolahan plays behind the lone striker, he is a creative midfielder "in the hole" Naismith is more a big striker/small striker combo with Naismith direct and running beyond MBokani (as on Saturday). No where near the calibre of Kevin Reeves or Robert Fleck. But he''s all we can get for a lousy 8m in that position.

Naismith doesn''t keep the ball better than Hoolahan. He is stocky and harder to knock off the ball. But terms control he''s a mule compared to Hoolahan.

If AN want''s to play two strikers and we are winning, I''m ok with that ! But Hoolahan & Redmond are our best attacking players & we lose a lot when they don''t play. I''m not talking about "defensively".

Entering games without Hoolahan & Redmond in the side is playing for a draw. You are confused & have it the wrong way around.

[quote user="Six Pack"]mrs miggins wrote:

The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith

George Osborn wrote:

I disagree. Naismith when played in the central role behind a striker, as with Newcastle, is stronger and better at both keeping and shielding the ball. He lacks Wes''s passing ability, but with two wide players providing service & Mbokani winning and holding the ball, this is less of an issue as Naismith becomes a goalscoring threat rather than a provider.

........................................................................................................................

When Hoolahan plays behind the lone striker, he is a creative midfielder "in the hole" Naismith is more a big striker/small striker combo with Naismith direct and running beyond MBokani (as on Saturday). No where near the calibre of Kevin Reeves or Robert Fleck. But he''s all we can get for a lousy 8m in that position.

Naismith doesn''t keep the ball better than Hoolahan. He is stocky and harder to knock off the ball. But terms control he''s a mule compared to Hoolahan.

If AN want''s to play two strikers and we are winning, I''m ok with that ! But Hoolahan & Redmond are our best attacking players & we lose a lot when they don''t play. I''m not talking about "defensively".

Entering games without Hoolahan & Redmond
in the side is playing for a draw. You are confused & have it the wrong way around.[/quote]Neither of which started the last two games but we won them both.

Morty wrote:

A point is not enough at this time of the season, I will be extremely disappointed if Alex Neil sets up for a draw, and I will also find it extremely out of character

It wasn''t George Osborn confused, it was you .

No difference - we would have won those games with Hoolahan & Redmond in the side ! They are better footballers

[quote user="Six Pack"]Morty wrote:

A point is not enough at this time of the season, I will be extremely disappointed if Alex Neil sets up for a draw, and I will also find it extremely out of character

It wasn''t George Osborn confused, it was you .

No difference - we would have won those games with Hoolahan & Redmond in the side ! They are better footballers[/quote]You''re the one sounding a bit confused here chap.

Redmond in for Jarvis. Bassong for Bennett. Always horrible at Palace. Would be delighted with a point. Soaked in row 1 last time there. Not a good day at all from what I remember.

Morty,

you said if we played Hoolahan instead of Naismith, we''d be playing for a draw.

Now Naismith has more "theatre" to his came than Hoolahan, we''ve established that. But if we played a half decent team I know who I''d want in my team. Any amount of "nut grabbing" isn''t going to win us those games.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Morty,

you said if we played Hoolahan instead of Naismith, we''d be playing for a draw.

Now Naismith has more "theatre" to his came than Hoolahan, we''ve established that. But if we played a half decent team I know who I''d want in my team. Any amount of "nut grabbing" isn''t going to win us those games.[/quote]Apart from, of course, those two games we just won....