Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Predictions and Team for Palace?

----------------Ruddy----------------

Wisdom---Bennett---Klose---Olsson

------------Howson--O''Neil-----------

Redmond------Hoolahan-------Brady

-----------------Mbokani---------------

This is the team I''d like but also the team that started last week did great as well so wouldn''t worry if it was that either.

What team do want out there?

PS - I''m going for a 1-1 draw

I think we might actually see an unchanged team, that would be my advice to the manager anyway😄

I presume RM''s omission on Saturday was due to an injury, if he is fit then I would expect him to come back into the team, for me though Wisdom did more than enough to keep his place.

Would be happy with Jarvis or Redmond but I think Jarvis is still recovering from injury and that he is going to improve the more he plays, Redmond off the bench is also a great option.

As for Wes, again could cause more damage off the bench, Mkobani and Naismith seem to developing a bit of an understanding and I do like the way Naismith winds the opposition up, we have lacked that bit of edge and if he can control what he does we could end up with a rare pen.

I am predicting same line up, with Russ on the bench, he tweaked his knee in training so may / may not be fit, think I prefer Jarvis to start ahead of Redmond for his defensive attributes, as they have a lot of pace going forward.

I''d be happy to see an unchanged team but I expect Russ will be back in if he''s fit, although I agree Wisdom had a good game. I''d expect Redmond to come on off the bench again but even he''s fit to start I think Jarvis offers more defensively, although on his day Redmond is a match winner.

Palace atm have been pretty ineffective and certainly against West Ham (down to ten men), we''re only dangerous using set pieces.

So I wouldn''t worry too much about defending high up the pitch, should be 3 points to be had.

Vanwink wrote the following post at 06/04/2016 5:30 PM:I think we might actually see an unchanged team, that would be my advice to the manager anyway😄

-----------------------

:) lol

I would prefer and unchanged team, and let the Naismith/Mbokani partnership develop further - it looked good at times against Newcastle.

I don''t think that Jarvis has played very well recently, but neither has Redmond. This is a difficult decision.

We could have some quick and useful players on the bench ready to come on!

[quote user="morty"]Unchanged.Last I heard Martin is out for two weeks.[/quote]

Good news!

In my very personal opinion

Unchanged.

Have a horrible feeling as they haven''t won in the league since December 19th and we have a pretty poor record there. Plus the fact that winning 3 in a row in the prem isn''t common for sides in our position is all pointing to one outcome.

Fingers crossed anyway.

[quote user="Vanwink"]I think we might actually see an unchanged team, that would be my advice to the manager anyway😄[/quote]

:rofl

People saying Hoolahan ( and for God''s sake try and hide your man crush) what has Naismith done to deserve losing his place?

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="Vanwink"]I think we might actually see an unchanged team, that would be my advice to the manager anyway😄[/quote]

:rofl[/quote]

Seriously, I hope for an unchanged starting eleven and that would also be my advice to AN. Hope this is okay with, morty.

:rofl

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="Vanwink"]I think we might actually see an unchanged team, that would be my advice to the manager anyway😄[/quote]

:rofl[/quote]

Seriously, I hope for an unchanged starting eleven and that would also be my advice to AN. Hope this is okay with, morty.

:rofl[/quote]Fine by me[Y]

[quote user="morty"]People saying Hoolahan ( and for God''s sake try and hide your man crush) what has Naismith done to deserve losing his place?[/quote]Hoolahan or Naismith? That''s largely up to the manager, but if it were down to me I''d opt for Naismith in an unchanged starting line up.

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="morty"]People saying Hoolahan ( and for God''s sake try and hide your man crush) what has Naismith done to deserve losing his place?[/quote]Hoolahan or Naismith? That''s largely up to the manager, but if it were down to me I''d opt for Naismith in an unchanged starting line up. [/quote]That would be the common sense opinion, based on his excellent performance last week.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="morty"]People saying Hoolahan ( and for God''s sake try and hide your man crush) what has Naismith done to deserve losing his place?[/quote]Hoolahan or Naismith? That''s largely up to the manager, but if it were down to me I''d opt for Naismith in an unchanged starting line up. [/quote]That would be the common sense opinion, based on his excellent performance last week.[/quote][Y]

Everyone predicting an unchanged team, but AN will look at how we totally outplayed Newcastle but still only just won it. I believe he will make one or two changes - Mr Tinker-man 

The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith and when you''re away from home I think that is important; hopefully we can get on the ball and control the game, denying Palace to build any confidence in the match. However by doing this we arguably have less of a goal threat.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith and when you''re away from home I think that is important; hopefully we can get on the ball and control the game, denying Palace to build any confidence in the match. However by doing this we arguably have less of a goal threat.[/quote]A point is not enough at this time of the season, I will be extremely disappointed if Alex Neil sets up for a draw, and I will also find it extremely out of character.

Well there have been times this season when he has setup to avoid getting beat more than with a view to hurting the opposition.

Naismith ahead of Wes for me. We aren''t going to see the best of Naismith if he doesn''t get the games.

morty wrote the following post at 06/04/2016 7:26 PM:

A point is not enough at this time of the season, I will be extremely disappointed if Alex Neil sets up for a draw, and I will also find it extremely out of character.

-----------------------------

I don''t think he''ll set up for a draw either. I think we''ll have a good go, especially as confidence is high in the team atm compared to Palace.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith [/quote]
I disagree.  Naismith when played in the central role behind a striker, as with Newcastle, is stronger and better at both keeping and shielding the ball.  He lacks Wes''s passing ability, but with two wide players providing service & Mbokani winning and holding the ball, this is less of an issue as Naismith becomes a goalscoring threat rather than a provider.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]The reason why I had said Hoolahan is because he keeps the ball better than Naismith and when you''re away from home I think that is important; hopefully we can get on the ball and control the game, denying Palace to build any confidence in the match. However by doing this we arguably have less of a goal threat.[/quote]A point is not enough at this time of the season, I will be extremely disappointed if Alex Neil sets up for a draw, and I will also find it extremely out of character.[/quote]A point away from home is always a good point.