Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Darren Huckerby's playing style

I hope Hucks read that. Last season what made Darren Huckerby being the MOST FOULED player in the Premiership, was because he always going to the outside of the defender, dribbled pass him and make the cross.

In the Millwall, Luton and QPR game I watched, I can only recall Hucks just doing twice, to beat the full-back on the outside! Most of the time I saw, Hucks was more prefer to coming inside to make an early cross by his right foot on the left, which was not really successful.

Hucks had to know, defender DID SCARE about him when he had the ball on his feet...Dicsuss.

he''s talking about Hucks cutting inside then balooning it over instead of taking the full back on twisting him inside out and sticking it on Deanos head which is what we''d all prefer Hucks to do.

My dad was saying this the other day that when Huckerby gets the ball he will get about level with the D on the penalty box then cut inside and go for goal when we have 2 or 3 players waiting for a cross.

I hate this! always have done! watching any team, not just Norwich and a winger goes on a silky run before deciding to be greedy and costing his team chances and possible goals.. Hucks should cross it far more than he does... when he first came and he was crossing it for Crouchy, Iwan, Leon and Svenners we were scoring goals for fun and walking over teams... since he''s started cutting inside we arent scoing as much

jas

Steady on there, Sheded. It didn''t make 100% sense, although the gist of it came across, but remember that English is not XXL''s mother tongue, and so give him some slack. Reread the message, and it makes sense. XXL is a very valued fan, and one of the few who are completely loyal to the team.

By the way, your reply uses very dodgy english grammar.

[quote]he''s talking about Hucks cutting inside then balooning it over instead of taking the full back on twisting him inside out and sticking it on Deanos head which is what we''d all prefer Hucks to do. My...[/quote]

Hello jas the barclay, thanks for your explaination, that''s exactly what I want to say, but I only know about the terms ''inside'' and ''outside''...cheers!

[quote]Steady on there, Sheded. It didn''t make 100% sense, although the gist of it came across, but remember that English is not XXL''s mother tongue, and so give him some slack. Reread the message, and it ma...[/quote]

Hi Kolin Kob, thanks for the reply. Yeah I did not know many of the football terms so it will confuse everyone, I had to apologise with that...

By the way, I will leave the lovely city on Thursday afternoon, so I have to try to enjoy it....:-(

XXL, Hux is trying unsuccessfully to do now what he did so successfully two seasons ago, when he got us promoted (almost) single-handed. Then, he was always cutting in and on to his right foot. Time''s caught him up now, and he''s lost a bit of pace and agility, and the stats show that. If the Hux of early 2004 was dropped into this side, we''d be hammering teams 6-0. Well OK, 6-3.

[quote]XXL, Hux is trying unsuccessfully to do now what he did so successfully two seasons ago, when he got us promoted (almost) single-handed. Then, he was always cutting in and on to his right foot. Time''s...[/quote]

Can`t agree that Hucks has lost any pace !  nor can I agree that  he`s suddenly become " selfish "    , last season  he did almost nothing except  cross to the " strikers "   ,who almost invariably  wasted the opportunities !!     given that this scenerio   was so regular , can you blame Hucks for finally losing patience ?   stuck on the left wing , having to take on  the usual two or three defenders  , with the usual lack of back up ....   who can blame him for giving up the cross  tactic , and choosing to take route one instead ?     

Hucks has scored  over a hundred goals in his career , so  nobody can tell me he`s not a striker !   the cross he`s had to bear is the general stupidity of the managers  he`s  had inflicted on him , Keegan being the worst offender !!     the REAL problem  with Hucks  is that his various managers  have lacked the imagination  to utilise Hucks  special skills ...  and this criticism  doesn`t  let off Nigel too !   now the chips are down he`s FINALLY  got around to  getting Hucks  into a central role , only time will tell if this  will work out , given the general demoralisation of the team in general !   if he`s expected to take on defences almost single handed , then I fear  the worst ... 

Hux is a fantastic player when he plays on the left hand side of midfield, running at defenders and looking to put crosses in. His strengths are not utilised as much when he is played through the middle. He hasn''t seemed quite as willing to take on the full backs though this season in the 10 or so games I''ve seen. No idea why that is.

McVeigh is probably a much better partner for Ashton and for the balance of the team generally however, because he can drop deeper and link up with the midfield, because he knows how to play off a tall striker, looking for the flicks on, and also because he is usually a good finisher.

Having said all that, he was rubbish at QPR.

Its been a long season...