Sign in to follow this  
moore17

Away pub - Crystal Palace

Where is the best place to drink prior to Saturdays game?

Heard there is very little close to the ground.

[quote user="moore17"]Where is the best place to drink prior to Saturdays game?

Heard there is very little close to the ground.[/quote]Very little in the ground too, it truly is a sh1thole.

[quote user="Hull Canary"]Am intending to buy a quarter bottle of brandy from the sainsburys next door and drinking it outside like a wino #classy[/quote]Don''t forget the pie survey Waveney. [:P]

There''s a Conservative club, or Labour club, can''t remember which, near to the ground. Last time we went we got in there, I think paid something like a quid to go in, really cheap beer. No colours though. It may still be there and worth a shout if you''re stuck.

Guess it depends which way you travel from London Bridge to Selhurst Park

If catching the train into Norwood Junction I would assume we will be in the William Stanley

If you catch the train the opposite direction and get out at Thornton Heath then I guess the Flora Sanders

See ya there !!

[quote user="Baywing"]Guess it depends which way you travel from London Bridge to Selhurst Park

If catching the train into Norwood Junction I would assume we will be in the William Stanley

If you catch the train the opposite direction and get out at Thornton Heath then I guess the Flora Sanders

See ya there !![/quote]You sound like a man in the know, whats best for club cabbagers, going directly to the ground?Stay on the bus till kick off?[;)]

Best for you window licking cabbagers Morty is to keep your fingers crossed that the drivers find their way to Selhurst Park in time for kick off as there is a long history of taking the wrong or longest route. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Best for you window licking cabbagers Morty is to keep your fingers crossed that the drivers find their way to Selhurst Park in time for kick off as there is a long history of taking the wrong or longest route. [;)][/quote]I will be happy to get there just before kickoff, less time spent there, the better.

#ncfc Norwich Fans Welcome @ the Railway For upcoming fixture Vs Palace. We are 60 yards right of Thornton Heath Station and a 5 minute walk from Selhurst Park. Fully equipped with 4 large Tvs in HD with SKY and BT Sports available. Jerk BBq available on the day. If You LIKE Our Page and Tell Us you Have Liked it, we will put you into a raflle to win a £20 drinks voucher

FYI

Added info if you struggle to find it on google, its full name is "The Railway Telegraph.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]That sounds like a better option than the Wetherspoons.[/quote]Aye, gastropub, looks okay. Away fan friendly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Baywing"]Guess it depends which way you travel from London Bridge to Selhurst Park

See ya there !![/quote]You sound like a man in the know, whats best for club cabbagers, going directly to the ground?Stay on the bus till kick off?[;)][/quote]

Clearly not that well informed as found the William Stanley closed on arrival....

All was not lost though as a quick reccy found an aptly named boozer called The Victory'' seemed appropriate for a bunch of Norfolk Boi''s

Very friendly, welcoming bunch, good ale and selection of rolls....

Lacked a little atmosphere and a pre match sing song seemed inappropriate

Not to worry two and half thousand Canaries made up for that inside the ground

Was a good day until getting stranded at Cambridge station for an hour and half coming home and then Abellio trying to squeeze the occupants of 4 trains into 3 carriages....

away days love ''em !

[quote user="Vanwink"]#ncfc Norwich Fans Welcome @ the Railway For upcoming fixture Vs Palace. We are 60 yards right of Thornton Heath Station and a 5 minute walk from Selhurst Park. Fully equipped with 4 large Tvs in HD with SKY and BT Sports available. Jerk BBq available on the day. If You LIKE Our Page and Tell Us you Have Liked it, we will put you into a raflle to win a £20 drinks voucher

FYI[/quote]

Did anybody go, was it any good?