Sign in to follow this  
daly

Sunderland vrs Leicester Score

Great result for us. Bring on next week, hell that''s going to an incredibly important game!! Feel the nerves already!

I think I am due some praise for taking Vardy out of my Dreamteam[:S]Excellent result. Thank you Leicester.

Excellent, all this weekend did was chalk another game off with nothing changing, except Sunderland losing a goal in difference! It''s a huge game next week, but ultimately we have been playing well and have been in these must win games before recently.

It''s now I think that the play offs in a way really will help both Neil and the players hold their nerve... High pressure match experience!

Must admit I had a smile on the face when commentator said Vardy had gone six games without scoring as thought then he was due one

I would go so far as to say that if we beat them next week, thats pretty much it.I can''t see them getting 8 points from their remaining 5 fixtures.Arsenal (H)Stoke (A)Chelsea (H)Everton (H)Watford(A)

So despite losing yesterday, we''re in a better position than we were on Friday. Same points differential, Newc and Sund both losing a goal on goal difference (Newc probably can''t catch us on GD unless we get a thumping and Sunderland only 1 goal better off now), and have one game less to make up the difference in points.
Frustrating, because a win yesterday would have been huge, but all things considered it''s worked out OK.
Next weekend is critical. If we get a win then we should stay up. We''d probably need 3 points after that.
Beat Sunderland, and take 3 points from our remaining 4 (Arsenal Away, United home, Watford home, Everton away) and it would leave Sunderland needing 10 points out of their remaining 5 (Arsenal home, Stoke away, Chelsea home, Everton home, Watford away). Newcastle would need 10 points (or 9 points and a 9 goal swing in Goal diff) out of their last 6 (Swansea home next weekend, Man City home, Liverpool away, Palace home, Villa away, Spurs home)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Agree with M.

I said previously that 36 points would be enough, now you''d think 35 or possibly even 34[/quote]I just did a predictor that has us finishing on 36, with both Newcastle and Sunderland finishing on 30.

Well done Albert Steptoe and the Foxes......aaaannnnd........ breathe.

From almost relegated last season to almost Premier League Champions......Roy of the Rovers stuff......I''m a little envious.......but, they do deserve it.

Bring on Saturday........

If we beat Sunderland they''d have to make up 7 points in 5 games. Even if we lost every other game that is a big ask for them.

If we can pick up points against Watford and Everton then they''re task becomes even harder.

Newcastle might be more of a worry in that they have Swansea, Palace and Villa left (two of which are at home) but they don''t look capable of winning a game right now.

It''s going to be close but this weekends results worked in our favour.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="daly"]Can see a 2-0 home win[/quote]Possibly a stupid question but how on earth have you arrived at that conclusion ?[/quote]Forget i asked the question daly not that you will be around for a while to answer. [:D]

Next Saturday is now effectively a play off final again, win and go 7 points clear, there is no chance that this Sunderland team would over turn that points difference

[quote user="JF"]Next Saturday is now effectively a play off final again, win and go 7 points clear, there is no chance that this Sunderland team would over turn that points difference[/quote][Y]

Well after yesterday''s no show City are still in the best position of the 3, Sunderland only got 1 point from their last 2 home games, must be a worry for Big Sam but not our concern. Must say , although naturally our 3 team tussle at the bottom is our main lookout, it pales into insignificance compared to Leicester being 10 points clear at the top. What an amazing thing, full credit to them, also a breath of fresh air for the Prem, decades of the same teams being champions each year does get a bit stale. Would be nice to see Spurs runners up to. How many of us at season start would have said neither Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool would finish in top two at season end? A fairytale season, and it would be completed if City can escape relegation.

TIL 1010

Please don''t worry about my health even after eating that Pukka Pie yesterday

Don''t have any idea why you would think I will not be around for a while.

A Sunderland win just seemed on the cards after their last 4 draws

But a great result

I think you guys are right, if we win we should be just about safe, a draw or a loss and of course it''s still not over.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Well after yesterdays no show City are still in the best position of the 3, Sunderland only got 1 point from their last 2 home games, must be a worry for Big Sam but not our concern. Must say , although naturally our 3 team tussle at the bottom is our main lookout, it pales into insignificance compared to Leicester being 10 points clear at the top. What an amazing thing, full credit to them, also a breath of fresh air for the Prem, decades of the same teams being champions each year does get a bit stale. Would be nice to see Spurs runners up to. How many of us at season start would have said neither Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool would finish in top two at season end? A fairytale season, and it would be completed if City can escape relegation.[/quote]A tad over the top if i may say.

A flat performance and fairly toothless up front yesterday but despite being a poor enough side at this level, we should really manage to stay up this year due to Newcastle & Sunderland being even more inept than us.

Home matches will decide our fate and if we throw it away from here we absolutely deserve to get relegated. Hopefully Klose injury isn''t too bad. Next Saturday is huge but there are more points to be had after. If we avoid defeat next Saturday we should be okay.

Big favours done with both rivals being defeated this weekend. Very intriguing to see who gets the nod to start against Sunderland and substitutions could decide the result.

For me, Martin should start again for Wisdom, stick with Jarvis on the right for 60/65 mins and this could be a good game for Hoolahan. Redmond, Naismith and Jerome off the bench assuming no enforced changes.

still sticking with Jarvis on the right after that toothless display? not for me. I wonder if AN will be brave and start Redmond, Brady, Howson, O''Neil, Naismith and Mbokani all together.

[quote user="paddycanary"]For me, Martin should start again for Wisdom,[/quote]
Why? What is everyone''s obsession? 
Great servant to the club, top bloke, but he is no longer adequate for the Prem. Stick with Wisdom for me.

Better right back than Wisdom and in such a high intensity match a better pro to have on the pitch. Also it will mean far, far more to him than Wisdom who whatever the outcome of the season will go back to Liverpool

Agree with that JF. Plus I think Martin provides more of a threat going forward.

That said, Wisdom has done okay, and I don''t think there''s much between them.

How did Wisdom play on Saturday, he was very good against Newcastle, did his performance drop?