Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Where are the Wothy fans now?

The pinkun poll and cover story and leading supporters all agree that Worthys time is up. It is what so many have been saying for so long.....the fact is now a change is probably to late to save our season.  We were called non loyal fans, binners etc for wanting him out as we thought this was the best for the club. Well it looks like we were right as most now agree.

It gives me no pleasure to say we were right, but after so many insults and cut downs from the Worthy in brigade, I would like to say "where  have fans with your attitude got us?"...the answer to that is nowhere. You all go on how quiet the Worthy outs had gone after a few scrappy wins...well where are you now? or are you finally going to join us and help make the change that will put our club back on the front foot?  I hope so for the good of our club and for all of us!

OTBC

St.John

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and mine was to support and back worthy because i trust the guy and genuinely believe he has the club at heart and is not going to send this club spiralling down the plug hole in debt by wasting money ,ok so a few of his signing have not come off and we are in the middle of a bad run but if i choose to back the man i will i can''t see where the problem is in that .
If this run continues then no doubt i will change my mind about how i feel towards worthy and as for poll''s they can be very misleading as you will find that most people who have a grudge against a manager will be more likely to vote than those who don''t as i never bothered to cast mine. So St.john just because we support worthy it don''t mean we have to keep repeating that fact by posting pointless post''s about how we support him and as for insults towards the worthy out brigade there were none coming from me.

Barclayendboy I am with you, you never have sent out insults, the post was aimed at other posters who constantly jump on your backs for having an opinion, I am sure you have seen these posts.   These remain remarkably quiet strangely enough!

OTBC

St.John

[quote]The pinkun poll and cover story and leading supporters all agree that Worthys time is up. It is what so many have been saying for so long.....the fact is now a change is probably to late to save our s...[/quote]

After sat result i am still in shock mode i have allways supported worthy.i got annoyyed after the luton result because i honestly felt worthy was not to blame as the injuries we were getting was horrendous and after his half time rollicking we did improve greatly. with a bit more luck we could have had a point.Now qpr result has worried me as we was diabolical some players were going through the motions.Players have came out in support of him it did concern me as to whether he had lost the dresing room.which if he had he would have to go.if we beat sheff wed and play really well i am still of the opinion we should give him till xmas considering the injuries this season i think he deserves this.Regard insults from us worthy in brigade we have had to take plenty of insults from you worthy out brigade as well just because this moment in time your seem to be correct due to results dosent mean this cant change the other way.if it does i am not going to come on here gloating all i am really interested in is norwich city and how we get out of this mess.

I agree that it''s tempting to gloat, St John, but us in the ''Worthy Out'' corner don''t need to, as it''s all unfolding as predicted. I wasn''t overly impressed with the insults either, but I suppose that some people use them when they cannot defend an untenable stance.

[quote]I agree that it''s tempting to gloat, St John, but us in the ''Worthy Out'' corner don''t need to, as it''s all unfolding as predicted. I wasn''t overly impressed with the insults either, but I suppose that...[/quote]

Most if not all of your posts publically condemn worthy as if he is public enemy number one.Do you honestly think he is that bad.in all worthys time at this club would you not say he has had a lot of success on a small budget in his time here.Dont forget who brought the ashtons and huckerbys to this club along with delia and co cooperation.I am not happy with the way the last two games have gone but i am also intelligent enough to realise injuries are having a big part to play in this. we still have a lot of the season left and with everybody united fans players alike we still have every chance of turning this round.When the injuries clear up and we do start to turn it round i will be looking forward to reading your posts then. The way you have been condeming him you might just be made to sound just a tad foolish.

AT, I''d love to look foolish if we went steaming up the Division, got promoted and stayed in the Premier League. But I genuinely believe that''s not going to happen, because Worthy''s taken us as far as he can with the limited ability that he possesses.

I agree, he''s not a bad guy - in fact, I think he has a lot of decency in there.

However, the Club is bigger than one individual and I can see the decay getting worse and worse because the Board is not wielding the Worthy Out toothbrush! The next stop will be the Division One dentist pulling us out into his bin, with us suffering lots of pain in the process! 

[quote]Barclayendboy I am with you, you never have sent out insults, the post was aimed at other posters who constantly jump on your backs for having an opinion, I am sure you have seen these posts. These ...[/quote]

Not quite true there,barclayendboy called thetford canary a binner once!

[quote]Most if not all of your posts publically condemn worthy as if he is public enemy number one.Do you honestly think he is that bad.in all worthys time at this club would you not say he has had a lot of ...[/quote]

allways, I''d agree that we have a great deal to be thankful to Worthy for. And for their part the injuries are not helping the plight of the team at the moment. However, I would argue that he does have players available, albeit more junior, in the positions where injuries have hit. He continues to play players in positions that they are not used to:

Charlton in the holding role normally played in by Safri
Brennan at left-back whilst more suited to the left side of midfield role

Plus he continues to ignore players in the reserves that could fill in. Why not give Rossi Jarvis a chance if his more natural role is central midfield. What worse could he do compared to the fare on show at Luton and QPR? And yes I realise we''re going to get the usual stuff about what would it do the youngsters confidence just like we had with Shackell. At the moment it''s all bull because the team/squad needs a lift. Bring in a new face instead of the usual tripe.

Let''s face it Worthy''s confidence is shot. He''s tried all the tricks he knows and still the players let him down. The player''s confidence is probably beginning to tatter as well given they can''t see any guiding direction from the gaffer.

Saturday will be the killer game. A win and the cracks are papered over once more. A loss and hell knows what sort of reception the boss and players will get.

Over here... in the Barclay, not the moaning River End!

[quote]Over here... in the Barclay, not the moaning River End![/quote]

Watch out!  You should be careful about calling people names on these boards!  Pink''Un Posters have long memories and remember every time someone called them a ''binner'', or (perish the thought) a ''Riverend-er''.

I should just like to point out that I was a Riverend-er myself when still a lad and never moaned once.  Well, not much...