Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Survival Battle - Norwich vs Sunderland fixtures

After this weekends fixtures have now finished, it is looking all the more likely that it will be between us and Sunderland to finish 17th.

Once they beat us, Palace increased their lead to 10 points (and a better goal difference) over Sunderland in 18th.

Newcastle lost again and looked comically bad. They have showed little signs of improvement under Benitez and are 7 points behind us.

So that now leaves us and Sunderland and I have just noticed how similar our fixtures are. Obviously, we play each other next week. Then we both play Arsenal, Everton and Watford. We have United and Sunderland play Chelsea and Stoke.

For me, we have the slight advantage because we play our easier games (Sunderland and Watford) at home, whereas they play theirs (us, Stoke and Watford) away.

Their advantage is, obviously, that they have a game in hand.

It''s certainly squeaky bum time and, needless to say, makes Saturday a massive fixture. We''ve got to make the home advantage count! OTBC!

Listen to Big Sam on media channels, he sounds doomed already whilst AN sounds positive and in control.

That has to feed into the players minds.

The bums on seats come Saturday lunchtime will make a big difference to our players if its positive wall of noise.

What about if we get a referee that misses clear penalties like mr Oliver then?

Seems like the Ipswich trolls are starting to get a bit panicky now.

Lots like that not given in the PL (JF unless you''re a big four club). More questionable on Saturday was our lack of shape in the first half and hoof ball in the second. Need Redmond in the side and the ball on the floor against Sunderland.

I''d like to see Redmond given a start, I think we should play a counter attacking game even though we are at home, Sunderland are going to come a us hard early on and Redmond''s pace could give us an advantage.

Equally the rule for handball is that it has to be intentional and it clearly wasn''t. His arms were in a natural position by his side and it was ball to hand rather than hand to ball. No handball by the rules of the game. The foul on Jarvis is given every time if it''s outside the area do therefor is a free kick and a penalty. Seems strange you should pick up on a decision that goes for us but completely disregard one that goes against?

Most non-big four clubs can point to numerous examples of where them feel hard done by. Palace and Chelsea at home resonate in particular for us. I''m a proponent of video technology as I think it will advantage all the non-big clubs. If we go down it won''t be the referees to blame but the board for its failure do address the RB, RCB and striker positions last Summer.

Completely agree regarding the board being to blame if we go down but I believe we have had far more decisions go against us than for us this season

We''ve had some really dreadful decisions too, which have cost us points - not even contentious ones.

Jerome''s overhead kick, Costa''s "offside" to name but two.

Are the Board to blame for the lack of points against West Ham (twice) and Liverpool at home, which would have gained us another 7 points, and the numerous ''no shows'' (Villa, Bournemouth, Swansea etc)

IF we survive, are the Board to be applauded?

Defoe? Yes, he is a real threat, but 2 big units, in Huth and Morgan, have kept him quiet today, so why not Seb or Ryan?