Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 36

Hello all and welcome to Week 36 of Rays Funds this season. As you notice, it is quite a landmark week for me personally as I have been entrusted by Nutty to look after the thread while he is on his holidays. I believe in all the years that Nutty has administered this thread that this is only the 2nd time he hasn''t been around to open the thread.For those wondering - he will be back to bring you the long awaited updated league tables by the time the weekends fixtures are over!So, straight after the game on Saturday Mr and Mrs Nutty went straight to the hairdressers to have a blue rinse as they have gone on an old biddy coach holiday in Europe. Unconfirmed reports reached me that there may also be a faint whiff of Cabbage on said coach...This week we have 2 Rays Funds legends picking.With the "final 6" we have Lessingham Canary who is a great supporter of the CSF and sparring partner with our good friend Til1010 near the top of both the current Pups league tables.Lessingham needs your best Naps from this weekends fixtures on Sat/Sun/Mon that are listed on the William Hill or Bet 365 web site, so we can add his name to Ray''s famous signature below.In charge of the Norwich match bet we have Parma Hams Gone Mouldy. As a previous winner of the match bet, Parma has the pedigree to again win us some more cash for the fabulous boys and girls of our DS team. Parma, you have a tenner to spend on selections from the PUPs and of course your own. Finally, it was great to see so many Pups coming along to Carrow Park last Saturday before the first team''s game against Newcastle to cheer on our DS team in their fixture against their Geordie counterparts and the reception they got from the crowd during their half time parade and game I''m sure brought a lot of pride to everyone connected to this thread, the CSF and our wonderful club.Thats enough waffle from me - now I’ll hand the thread over to Lessingham and Parma. Remember there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation.  Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Lessingham and Parma ... the thread is yours.......-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I''m honoured to leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-Carve their names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity, Diesel Doris, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £1454 for the Community Sports Foundation.  And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat, Crabbycanary,2, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples, Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf,2, Lappinitup,2, NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, Twidio, Ray, PUPanon, Molly Windley, 93vintage, ClareW, Van Wink, Cityangel, AJ, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture, Graham Humphrey, Diesel Doris, Duncan Edwards, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic, Cosmic Twin, yes PUPs £641 for the Community Sports Foundation.  And with £900 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £5029 since we began of which £4 is already banked for the next presentation.

A very good evening to the gravy swilling Northerner and wishing good luck to Lessingham ( [:|] ) and Parma not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.The Championship for me and a HOME WIN for MIDDLESBROUGH v Preston. 4/7 looks a very good price.For the Norwich bet H/T Draw F/T Draw.

Southampton home win v Newcastle

For the City bet, Naismith to score.

Good luck Lessingham and Parma.

Having had yet another top vs almost bottom malfunction thanks to Northampton last week (sorry Kev!!), this weeks kiss of death is from the Championship...

Derby v Bolton - Home Win

As for the match bet, City to end 20 odd years of Selhurst pain....HT/FT Draw/Norwich

Best of luck Lessingham, Parma and all you PUPs.

Thanks for the intro Kev, looking forward to getting inspiration from all the pup''s out there for this week, i hope to be able to post my selections around 8.30pm - 9.00pm on Friday, so come on pup''s "let''s be having you".

Good luck to Parma on the City bet.

Buonasera tutti...😘👌🎉🍝🎼🇮🇹🍾🕶🕶

Grazie for that joyous introduction Leeds, I hope I''m too young for legend status, though I fear that I may be moving from Director to Chairman in the not too distant....

In excellent hands with Lessingham who always has a keen eye for such things...in bocca al lupo...🐕🍾💰💰

Lots to live up to after the rich pickings of last time and our beloved Russell Martin helping us to a pile of cash....

Early eyecatchers and ''football law'' thoughts include:

Bamford to come in and score

Always penalties in our games with palace

Likely to be keen not to lose...draw good result for us

Clean sheets become habits

Naismith in the news, street fighters come out fighting..him to score...

There you go ....hare''s running .....pappardelle alle lepre Rodney...

Parma ❤️🍝🍝🍾👏💁💵

I love the Ukraine..love the people, Kyiv, the landscape and fertility of the whole country...

Pomedor salone'' , veerenyki, morss.......delicious....Dyakoya to my Ukrainian friends and in their honour:

Dynamo Kiev vs Volyn Lutsk - home win

Vai Lessingham!

Parma 🇮🇹🍾💁😘🍝💰🎼

Good luck LC & Parma.
Bournemouth to win away at Villa (23/20).
Palace/Norwich draw (12/5).

Great intro Leedscanary, and wishing Lessingham and dear Parma the very best of luck.I''m off to Parma''s homeland this week, where Napoli are in second place and desperately clinging on to league leaders Juventus (who are away to Milan this weekend so may even drop some points). Napoli are 12-3-0 at home this season, and face a rock-bottom and seemingly doomed Verona (1-7-7 away from home). Despite having avoided defeat a number of times on the road this season, Verona will surely be overpowered by a Napoli side who have nothing to concentrate on but the league now. Odds of 1/5 are a fair reflection of the gulf in class.As for the City game, it''s a tough one. The form book points in our favour, but when we''ve really had the opportunity to kick on away from home this season, the ''winnable'' games have been rather nightmarish for us (Newcastle, Watford, Bournemouth, Villa, Swansea were all very poor performances). Hopefully the West Brom game will have laid those ghosts to rest, but I''m struggling to see many goals in the game - a point would be an acceptable result for both sides. Thing is, though, Palace at evens and us at 14/5 seems crazy given the recent form, so bets in favour of NCFC are much more attractive. Therefore, how''s about a 1-0 win with Klose scoring the goal at 125/1? Worth a cheeky 50p... [:)]In bocca al lupo!

Getting my picks in early as I totally forgot last week (I was gonna go for a 3-2 win, honest)

For the match bet, West Ham are a huge price to beat the gooners at home - don''t forget the Hammers beat Arsenal in the reverse fixture earlier in the season. Got to be worth a pound on the home win - you could get 14/5 but I think it''ll shorten up a bit more before the picks are placed.

For the Norwich bet, I''d be tempted for the outright Norwich win, but I think given the drab football that Palace are offering at the moment coupled with our need to come away with something points to under 2.5 goals.

Good luck all.

Off to Portugal for Sporting vs. Marítimo (home win).

For the City bet I''ll go for a Naismith goal in a City victory.

All the best everyone!

Apples

I think I''ll plump for a Norwich AWAY win this week please.

For the Norwich bet, I fancy Mbokani to continue where he left off last week and score in a tight one nil NCFC victory...

Best of luck Lessington & Parma and of course all pups.

Welsh Division 1 and Caerau Ely to win at home to Garden Village, no odds for that but will prob be around 1/8 onFor the City game a cheeky 50p on Klose to score twice at 150/1Good luck to all, especially Parma and Lessingham and thanks to Leeds Canary for taking up the reins whilst Nutty has a well earned holiday.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]

In charge of the Norwich match bet we have Parma Hams Gone Mouldy. As a previous winner of the match bet, Parma has the pedigree to again win us some more cash for the fabulous boys and girls of our DS team. Parma, you have a tenner to spend on selections from the PUPs and of course your own. [/quote]Leeds, what with having his hair done nutty may not have mentioned that in addition whatever Parma picks for the match bet, because this is an away game, there is also £10 to put on Norwich to score a penalty. This extra bet was a wheeze I dreamt up (and are funding) on the basis that we haven''t had an away penalty in the Premier League since 1995...I think nutty set up a new account with Paddy Power, because other bookies didn''t feature this option, but I see this week Bet365 are also offering odds, of 10/1.

Wigan vs Coventry - home win for me please. Wigan are in great form at the moment whilst Coventry are probably happy being safe from relegation but unlikely to make the play-offs now. They''ve lost 6 of their last 10, whilst Wigan have now won four on the bounce. I will be hoping they can make it 5/5 on Saturday.

For the Norwich bet I''d be surprised if even AN changes the side much after the heroics against Newcastle - therefore I''d go for Mbokani to score and Norwich to win.

Great intro in Nuttys absence, let''s help him enjoy his holiday by having a winning weekend! Good luck all, especially Parma and Lessingham

So excited am I at the thought that Norwich might well get a penalty, both in terms of selhurst park being a penalty ground, a feeling in my water and my bro Purple''s cunning plan and generosity, I will triple the tenner for the match bets this week to make it up to £30...

...by my reckoning a 10/1 bet on a Norwich penalty could therefore yield £440 at net £40 staked.....

Who fancies a (canary) flutter?...

Parma 🍾🎼🍝🎉💰💵😘👏👌

Well done Kev for stepping up to cover Nutty so that he could go on his coach holiday and not have to worry about the thread. Also good to see you last Sat at the DS game

My pick this week is Man City to beat West Brom and for Norwich bet Brady to score anytime or draw halftime/ncfc win f/t

Good Luck everyone.

I''d view the Palace match as a draw, possibly a Palace win. So maybe back a range of scores, ht/ft combos and/or go for a Palace no bet draw. I''m expecting a more cagey game with under 3.5 goals, hence no scorer bets.A Palace (win) no bet aiming at a draw is around 8/11 with non-pup bookies, but could be backed by betting appropriate amounts on a home win and draw. A draw we win, a Palace win we get our stake back, a Norwich win and nobody notices that we''ve lost the bet.

Scottish Championship where lowly Alloa (0-4-11-8-27) entertain Hibernian (7-3-6-22-18).Alloa v Hibernian.......Away win.

For the Norwich game.......City to win and Naismith to score.Good luck Lessingham and Parma. [Y]

And special thanks to my old mate...... http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/britishcomics/images/b/b7/Andy_capp2.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120216095240for a job well done. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

And special thanks to my old mate...... http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/britishcomics/images/b/b7/Andy_capp2.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120216095240for a job well done. [:D]

[/quote]That is funny coloured gravy.

Great to see you and all the other PUPs on Saturday Kev, and wasn''t it wonderful to watch those brilliant girls and boys in the DS team.

A Sunday offering from the German Regionalliga Nord from me with:

LUNEBURGER SK HANSA v TSV Schilksee HOME WIN

Good Luck Lessingham and all you Lovely PUPs.

For the Norwich bet HT/FT Draw/Norwich. Best of Luck Parma.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Leedscanary"]

In charge of the Norwich match bet we have Parma Hams Gone Mouldy. As a previous winner of the match bet, Parma has the pedigree to again win us some more cash for the fabulous boys and girls of our DS team. Parma, you have a tenner to spend on selections from the PUPs and of course your own. [/quote]Leeds, what with having his hair done nutty may not have mentioned that in addition whatever Parma picks for the match bet, because this is an away game, there is also £10 to put on Norwich to score a penalty. This extra bet was a wheeze I dreamt up (and are funding) on the basis that we haven''t had an away penalty in the Premier League since 1995...I think nutty set up a new account with Paddy Power, because other bookies didn''t feature this option, but I see this week Bet365 are also offering odds, of 10/1.[/quote]

Hi Purple -

Eddie ensured this bet has been placed with Paddy Power, but has told me that it is now a £2.50 bet as per the "pledges" post thread. I think this is due to us having used up the additional "free" bets that Paddy Power gave Eddie for joining.

So we have £2.50 on Norwich to score a penalty @ 10/1 which will return £27.50.

Hopefully this clarifies this for you, I''m sure Eddie may be able to explain better when he returns.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]So excited am I at the thought that Norwich might well get a penalty, both in terms of selhurst park being a penalty ground, a feeling in my water and my bro Purple''s cunning plan and generosity, I will triple the tenner for the match bets this week to make it up to £30...

...by my reckoning a 10/1 bet on a Norwich penalty could therefore yield £440 at net £40 staked.....

Who fancies a (canary) flutter?...

Parma 🍾🎼🍝🎉💰💵😘👏👌[/quote]

Parma, should you wish to add to the bet please PM me or send me an email kevin(dot)hardwick76(@)gmail(dot)com - brackets and words added to avoid bots, I''m sure you''ll work it out!

Let me try again with Firefox instead of a Google Chrome fail...[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Leedscanary"]<br><br><br>In charge of the Norwich match bet we have Parma Hams Gone Mouldy. As a previous winner of the match bet, Parma has the pedigree to again win us some more cash for the fabulous boys and girls of our DS team. Parma, you have a tenner to spend on selections from the PUPs and of course your own. <br><br>[/quote]<br><font color="#000080"><br>Leeds, what with having his hair done nutty may not have mentioned that in addition whatever Parma picks for the match bet, because this is an away game, there is also £10 to put on Norwich to score a penalty. This extra bet was a wheeze I dreamt up (and are funding) on the basis that we haven''t had an away penalty in the Premier League since 1995...<br><br>I think nutty set up a new account with Paddy Power, because other bookies didn''t feature this option, but I see this week Bet365 are also offering odds, of 10/1.</font><br>[/quote]Hi Purple -Eddie ensured this bet has been placed with Paddy Power, but has told me that it is now a £2.50 bet as per the "pledges" post thread. I think this is due to us having used up the additional "free" bets that Paddy Power gave Eddie for joining.So we have £2.50 on Norwich to score a penalty @ 10/1 which will return £27.50.Hopefully this clarifies this for you, I''m sure Eddie may be able to explain better when he returns.[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]So excited am I at the thought that Norwich might well get a penalty, both in terms of selhurst park being a penalty ground, a feeling in my water and my bro Purple''s cunning plan and generosity, I will triple the tenner for the match bets this week to make it up to £30......by my reckoning a 10/1 bet on a Norwich penalty could therefore yield £440 at net £40 staked.....Who fancies a (canary) flutter?...Parma 🍾🎼🍝🎉💰💵😘👏👌[/quote]Parma, should you wish to add to the bet please PM me or send me an email kevin(dot)hardwick76(@)gmail(dot)com - brackets and words added to avoid bots, I''m sure you''ll work it out!

A wise man* once told me "stick to what you know"...with that in mind, it''s Portugal again for me this week

Sporting v Maritimo - Home Win

For the match bet, a goal for Bamford in a City win.

Good luck everyone, especially Lessingham and Parma

*Clearly it wasn''t Tilly ;-)

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Let me try again with Firefox instead of a Google Chrome fail...[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Leedscanary"]<br><br><br>In charge of the Norwich match bet we have Parma Hams Gone Mouldy. As a previous winner of the match bet, Parma has the pedigree to again win us some more cash for the fabulous boys and girls of our DS team. Parma, you have a tenner to spend on selections from the PUPs and of course your own. <br><br>[/quote]<br><font color="#000080"><br>Leeds, what with having his hair done nutty may not have mentioned that in addition whatever Parma picks for the match bet, because this is an away game, there is also £10 to put on Norwich to score a penalty. This extra bet was a wheeze I dreamt up (and are funding) on the basis that we haven''t had an away penalty in the Premier League since 1995...<br><br>I think nutty set up a new account with Paddy Power, because other bookies didn''t feature this option, but I see this week Bet365 are also offering odds, of 10/1.</font><br>[/quote]Hi Purple -Eddie ensured this bet has been placed with Paddy Power, but has told me that it is now a £2.50 bet as per the "pledges" post thread. I think this is due to us having used up the additional "free" bets that Paddy Power gave Eddie for joining.So we have £2.50 on Norwich to score a penalty @ 10/1 which will return £27.50.Hopefully this clarifies this for you, I''m sure Eddie may be able to explain better when he returns.[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]So excited am I at the thought that Norwich might well get a penalty, both in terms of selhurst park being a penalty ground, a feeling in my water and my bro Purple''s cunning plan and generosity, I will triple the tenner for the match bets this week to make it up to £30......by my reckoning a 10/1 bet on a Norwich penalty could therefore yield £440 at net £40 staked.....Who fancies a (canary) flutter?...Parma 🍾🎼🍝🎉💰💵😘👏👌[/quote]Parma, should you wish to add to the bet please PM me or send me an email kevin(dot)hardwick76(@)gmail(dot)com - brackets and words added to avoid bots, I''m sure you''ll work it out![/quote]Hi Leeds, it all got a bit confusing! From memory my original bet (the £40 for which I was going to give nutty at the end of the season) was £5 on Norwich to score a penalty in the last eight away weekend games of the season. Because he had to create a new account with Paddy Power he chipped in with £5 for the first week, and that ensured we got some free weeks, which have indeed have now run out.If nutty has already placed the bet for this week at £2.50 then fine, but if not I would be happy to bump the amount up to £10 just for this week (assuming you can find the necessary money down the back of nutty''s sofa...) and Parma''s contribution, plus those from anyone else, could be added on.  Then nutty and I could sort out what to do for the last two away games.

Hi Purple, thanks for that.

Eddie has indeed already placed the bet at £2.50

As he hasn''t given me access to his accounts I will be placing the bets using my own WH or 365 account (Eddie gave me £20 cash when I saw him last week) to make it easier. Any winnings will be withdrawn and sent to Eddie, so I can''t find any cash down the back of his sofa 😃

Any additional bets required will need funds sending to me to cover the bets - I''m happy to place them but Mrs Gravy won''t stand for me putting loads of cash into my accounts!