Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Todd Cantwell

It''s nice to see we''re getting more and more highly rated youth players under our ownership. Obviously a lot of time and progress before these will make any impression on the first team but it certainly shows our academy status has potential

Have any of the Pinkun posters seen him play on a regular basis? If so, whom do they think he plays similar to? Any other prospects, like Cantwell, whom people think could also make the grade?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Have any of the Pinkun posters seen him play on a regular basis? If so, whom do they think he plays similar to? Any other prospects, like Cantwell, whom people think could also make the grade?[/quote]The lad Grant always stands out for me.

I used to regularly watch the U21''s but must admit I haven''t been to as many this season. With all our major prospects out on loan, most of the lads in that side are U18s or younger. Ashley-Seal (striker) scored a couple of good goals a few weeks back, but is in his first year so hard to judge really.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Ray grant. That''s peter grants boy I think.[/quote][Y]

Surprised we''ve waited until he''s 18 to tie him to a contract as for me he''s often looked our best player in the youth/under 21 games. That 16 year old defender we gave a pro deal to yesterday must be s*** hot!

Funny how people can see things so differently. I''ve usually been disappointed with Grant, he''s like David Fox, a sitting midfielder who tries to spray the ball around but doesn''t get too involved in winning the ball back. Trouble is I don''t think his passing is all that (yet anyway), he''s very slow and I think he lacks the engine you need to be a center midfielder. Hopefully he could still come good, I''m not trying to slate him, just offering a different perspective.

Efete, Crowe, Middleton and Cantwell have looked the standouts to me. Godfrey and Adams have slotted in comfortably but haven''t stood out so far at all and given that the younger of those two has played regularly at L2 that bodes well for the overall standard of our young players imo

Ricky, I''m under the impression they have to be 17 or over to be offered a proper full contract, I may be wrong of course, but it is fairly common most youngsters in an Academy won''t get offered full term deals until they are 18/19 - although with that there is a risk of players being poached (Angus Gunn for example). Most of our highly rated youngsters will be offered Pro deals fairly early on - Cantwell has been tracked by the likes of Arsenal so you''d imagine that this had probably been agreed in principle some time before the deal was officially signed anyway.

We''ve certainly got some good talent in our pool at the moment, hopefully we can develop and make the most of it for the future

He hasn''t been in the U21 squad for the past 6 games, perhaps he''s injured?

i have watched cantwell since he was 13/14 as same age as my nephew so watched games at colney

todd was always one of the best but always one of the smallest in his age groups

the thing he had over most of the boys was hardwork and attitude alot of boys are now watching him having played at the same level through the years with him in youth teams wishing they had tried and worked and hard as he has so good luck to him

he was always the one the coaches had marked down as the one who might make it need to strengthen / bulk up quite a bit though maddision is alot more developed

norfolkingood

" always one of the smallest in his age group"

Good job we''re not still in the Worthy era or he would have probably been released by now!

Peter Grant is now at Falkirk, fairly regular in the side but currently out for the season suffering from a cruciate injury.

Apples

I see on Gregg Broughton''s Next Generation Blog on the Official Website that the club has offered six professional contracts to U18s but whilst he talks about their background he doesn''t actually say who they are. Obviously one of them is Todd Cantwell but who are the other five? Does anyone know? Maybe I''ve missed something.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Have any of the Pinkun posters seen him play on a regular basis? If so, whom do they think he plays similar to? Any other prospects, like Cantwell, whom people think could also make the grade?[/quote]The lad Grant always stands out for me.[/quote]Indeed morty, he scored the winning goal this afternoon against Leicester U21''s. 3 valuable points for the young CANARIES.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Have any of the Pinkun posters seen him play on a regular basis? If so, whom do they think he plays similar to? Any other prospects, like Cantwell, whom people think could also make the grade?[/quote]The lad Grant always stands out for me.[/quote]Indeed morty, he scored the winning goal this afternoon against Leicester U21''s. 3 valuable points for the young CANARIES.[:)][/quote]
I''m confused [:(]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Have any of the Pinkun posters seen him play on a regular basis? If so, whom do they think he plays similar to? Any other prospects, like Cantwell, whom people think could also make the grade?[/quote]The lad Grant always stands out for me.[/quote]Indeed morty, he scored the winning goal this afternoon against Leicester U21''s. 3 valuable points for the young CANARIES.[:)][/quote]
I''m confused [:(]
[/quote]I was just being daft, a poster just after me was telling me how Grant never really impressed him.

morty wrote:

Crabbycanary3 wrote:

Have any of the Pinkun posters seen him play on a regular basis? If so, whom do they think he plays similar to? Any other prospects, like Cantwell, whom people think could also make the grade?

The lad Grant always stands out for me.

Indeed morty, he scored the winning goal this afternoon against Leicester U21''s. 3 valuable points for the young CANARIES.

Did you go to the game Crabby, any decent performances?