Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sunderland not won in 6

Sunderland not lost in six games or in last six away. Is this a poor enough run for the Canary jinx to kick in probably. Maybe need not to have won for double figure of matches for it to apply. Hope they can avoid the jinx for two games in a row.

I think if either team win, it will probably end up with that team surviving at the expense of the other, so a truly season-defining game.  If we win, we are 7 points ahead and they have 5 games left.  If we lose, they are a point behind with a game in hand and with massive change in momentum.

A draw leaves it up for grabs with them 4 points behind us with a game in hand, so would still leave us with a narrow advantage.

So statistics about how long since a team won etc are pretty irrelevant because both sides will know this is the key to determining their future next season.

I just hope we get a set of officials who don''t make a major blunder for a decision against us.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/frazer.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/frazer.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

They did have a long run without keeping a clean sheet but secured a 0-0 with WBA the previous weekend. It''s now something like one clean sheet in 18 or 19 games.

A draw gives us more than a narrow advantage IMO. Four points is quite a distance near the foot of the table, game in hand or not. All of us have averaged less than a point a game for the whole season.

A win and we''re pretty much home.

Also was interesting to see Big Sam''s reaction to the loss against Leicester. Don''t think I''ve seen him quite so low.

I think that if win win, we will stay up, but not all over if we lose. I agree with previous comments about Big Sam, a defeat would be too much for him

Palace hadn''t won all year so I wouldn''t factor in form. It''s what happens in 90 minutes that will dictate whether we stay up or not. If ever there was a must win...!

lulling you in to a false sense of security think he would of half expected to lose against Leicester trying to make out that a draw against Norwich would int be too bad make no mistake they are coming for the win.

Lets make him really low with a good win. OTBC.

Sunderland have only won twice in 16 away matches this season. They haven''t won home or away in the last 6 matches. It''s a game of confidence and I''d hope that we have that from the run of 3 games before Palace. The first goal will be vital though.

Our best chance of three points in the games ahead is against Watford, especially as they will have either F.A. Cup final matters on their minds or be thoroughly dispirited by not having these.

The Sunderland game will be a much tougher battle and represents one of ''the'' important games in our recent history.

Recent form helps confidence levels of course, and their week-end home defeat in front of a massive highly excited and partisan crowd will have been a crusher, but stronger nerves will be more decisive.

Win this and we could romp it and concentrate on hauling in the merit money.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Our best chance of three points in the games ahead is against Watford, especially as they will have either F.A. Cup final matters on their minds or be thoroughly dispirited by not having these.

The Sunderland game will be a much tougher battle and represents one of ''the'' important games in our recent history.

Recent form helps confidence levels of course, and their week-end home defeat in front of a massive highly excited and partisan crowd will have been a crusher, but stronger nerves will be more decisive.

Win this and we could romp it and concentrate on hauling in the merit money.[/quote]In the last predictor I did, I had us down for wins against Sunderland and Watford, with maybe the odd point thrown in elsewhere.We need to win these two home games.

To be fair, our record of being ''run-busters'' usually applies to games when we''re away from home. Plus a lot of our worst performances have been in away games that on paper were ''eminently winnable'' (Newcastle, Southampton, Watford, Bournemouth, Villa, Swansea, Palace). In the corresponding home fixtures, we''ve beaten all but Palace (where we were robbed by the ref on the opening day) and Watford (to come).This Saturday is our ''West Brom in 2014'' match – will we bust our own run of pulling out big results at home when we need them, or continue the trend? The West Brom defeat did for Hughton, and I really hope that even if the worst happens on Saturday, we stick with Alex Neil regardless.For the record, I think we''ll win on Saturday. [:)]