Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Big Sam

“We’ll be focused on getting a clean sheet first and foremost (at

Norwich)” was Allardyce’s mantra after the 2-0 defeat to Leicester:“Let’s see if we can take advantage of their nerves, with them being at home and the onus on them to attack,” he said.
Of course, they won''t be nervous will they? Interesting to hear what the Sunderland press are saying, they don''t sound too confident............Linky

I seem to remember that he made some reference to his own team being nervous against Leicester.

They''ll likely be even more nervous on Saturday following this latest set-back in front of their home support. Many anticipated (and even on here) that they would pull of a surprise. Some even quoted the law of averages and Leicester''s recent run of narrow 1-0 victories as deciding their forecast. Some said that Big Sam would fire them up for the occasion.

In the end they were slightly humiliated as Leicester opened them up with ease.

Newcastle now seem at a low point, let''s hope the same will apply to the Black Cats.

Let''s try again......LinkyAnd some more from the same rag......"I expect Norwich to throw everything at Sunderland early-on, but if they

can survive that onslaught, then they can turn the tables, as the

longer the Canaries go without scoring, the more edgy and anxious they

will become.""Time is slipping away now and even if Sunderland win, we’ll still be

below Norwich, making it a must-win game as the Canaries will be much

happier if it ends all-square."
So the longer it goes on goal less the more edgy and anxious we

will become even though we''d be happy with a draw. Lol.http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/safc-match-analysis/sunderland-s-clash-at-norwich-will-decide-the-club-s-whole-future-1-7846821

Whilst I understand that they will view the game differently, surely our last minute nail in the coffin for their barcode rivals, kinda shows what we''re about?

[quote user="morty"]Whilst I understand that they will view the game differently, surely our last minute nail in the coffin for their barcode rivals, kinda shows what we''re about?[/quote]The best thing is, the Newcastle fans will be wanting Sunderland to win. Bet that doesn''t happen too often. [:D]

Interesting that they seem to be doing the same as Newcastle were, doing all their talking before the game. There is no onus on us whatsoever. They are the team 4 points adrift so we will play our own game.

Sam issues another rallying cry.........

"I have been in this position many times and this club has come out

of this position over the past four seasons and the players here need to

manage the situation in the same way.

"We have to handle the pressure and produce better under that pressure than Norwich do.

"There is no margin for error anymore. We have to face up to that and if we do, then we can be successful.

"I believe they can, the players have to believe it themselves.

"It is a very experienced team and we need to deliver on that experience.

"Kicking off early is an advantage to both teams. There is much more pressure on us than Norwich though."

Yet another linkyMeanwhile, Alex Neil goes quietly about his work. [:D]

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Are we still playing for the Friendship Trophy?
[/quote]Not this week...............[;)]

What a prick! If anything Sunderland should be the team with the nerves, safe in the knowledge that if we win they are all but relegated. A draw or defeat doesn''t all but relegate us.