Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

All that matters.....

Some of the bickering on here is beyond belief, all that matters is that we beat Sunderland on saturday and get 3 points and create a nice gap that hopefully is uncatchable, about time some togetherness was shown instead of cheap point scoring and arguing, come on guys....

All that matters is we do not LOSE to Sunderland - a draw would be difficult to take but a loss would be very hard to stomach. But yes, this board is what you make it - I ignore all the crap and therefore rather enjoy my experience here as I cannot be bothered to get drawn into pointless bickering arguments

A draw would not be a complete disaster as they would remain four points behind.

Thus our fate would still be in our own hands, but it will make things much harder.

Their game in hand is a home fixture v. Everton which will not be a pushover for them.

They are a very nervy side.

I will be over the moon and over to the pub should we win though. It is as near a "must win" game as you can get, although not quite.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I will be over the moon and over to the pub should we win though[/quote][8] Sing when we''re winning - you only sing when we''re winning. [8][:D]

I guess Villa are now in real "must-win" territory given they must win their remaining 5 games to have a mathematical chance of survival.  But in reality they are dead & buried so that''s a bit pointless.

Saturday for us is must-win in the sense that a win will go a massive way towards making us safe.  but in reality, if we draw, that is an "ok" outcome, and a defeat would be very bad but not the end of our survival chances.

They would be much more disappointed with a draw than we would.

They really must be thinking win or that''s it where as we can draw and still be favorites to stay up.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I will be over the moon and over to the pub should we win though[/quote][8] Sing when we''re winning - you only sing when we''re winning. [8][:D][/quote]

True, although I do enjoy a bit of Karaoke.

My current song is "Fishermans Blues" which I got from that Jude Law film.

If we lose I''ll have to change the words to "Farmer''s Blues."

"Sing when we''re winning - you only sing when we''re winning."

Oops! Forgot to copy and paste as I get that ridiculous mumbo-jumbo, which nothing is ever done about, with my Chromebook.

Maybe i''m greedy but i''d rather it was done and dusted before the last game of the season so it''s a must win as far as i''m concerned!

The real question is, if you were offered a draw or a coin toss to decide whether we win or lose, would you take the draw or gamble? I''d be inclined to gamble but can appreciate the idea of taking a draw.

"The real question is, if you were offered a draw or a coin toss to decide whether we win or lose, would you take the draw or gamble? I''d be inclined to gamble but can appreciate the idea of taking a draw."

Tough choice and I had to think about it.

I think I''d settle for the draw, defeat being too awful to stomach and it would still (just) be in our own hands.

I still maintain that Watford is the best chance we have left of getting three points. They are the weakest, Sunderland apart, of our remaining opponents and have crucial F.A. Cup involvement.

This latter really did for Wigan in Hughton''s first survival season.