Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Why didn't we get the pen at Palarse?

This just adds further fuel to the corrupt referees argument! Bring in TV replays, that might make them a bit more honest, cricket being a case in point.

Cricket is completely different in as much the replays are just for LBW Run Outs and if the ball touched the bat

Football would be stopped every time a team disputed a foul, a sending off, a booking the list is endless.

Take your point about the practicalities of introducing technology Daly but cricket has long ago gone away from having home based umpires. Mainly because their impartiality was questioned every time there was a debatable decision.

In the same way maybe we should be looking at oversees referees for the top tier?

That''s my thinking too Hairy. Seems the most obvious and simple way of getting over the immediate problem.

As I said at the time, not knowing the background "With Michael Oliver in charge and playing at Palace we were never going to be given a penalty"

I don''t want anymore technology and I accept ref''s will make mistakes.

What I want to know is why in all but one (Swansea away) game this season the ref has lent in favour of the opposing team? ...and before anyone mentions our last home game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLh0-8l7Y8

It would be understandable if ref''s consistently favoured the home team, at least that way we''d get the rub of the green sometimes at home, but it''s just depressing and so predictably dull watching us face 12 men every week home or away.

These aren''t 50-50''s either, these are clear penalties or fouls that get waved away unless, for example, we''re manhandled over, TWICE, right infront of the ref with no intent to win the ball like v LIverpool. While at the same time we have to put up with b******* like Jerome''s disallowed goal, Spurs'' completely mental penalty/ the clear foul on Olsson in the same game etc.

This happens to us far too often to be a coincidence.

The points we have lost from blatantly incorrect decisions would be enough to keep us in the Prem. for next season. Relegation can ruin a club. It is becoming a staged league.

From reading the report it appears that every Ref has to make a declaration concerning which team he supports. Is this doc in the public arena, I''ve never seen it but would be interested to.

If this was published I imagine the fans themselves would apply sufficient pressure to ensure that refs with a particular allegiance are not inappropriately picked for certain games. Anybody know how to access the list?

That''s a good point Vanwink.

After all the ref''s allegiance might be important one season but not the next. For instance if Newcastle were half way up the league it wouldn''t have been a problem if Oliver took charge for us against Palace.

The fans could then self police the issue if it was felt to be inappropriate for a specific season. Why the PL can''t do that for themselves is a bit strange though!

Mind you you''d never get rid of the dislike a ref might have for a specific team - like I have against Man U :-)

Hairy

"Mind you you''d never get rid of the dislike a ref might have for a specific team"

Perhaps in addition to declaring who they support they should also declare who they "really really hate" as well.😄

Effing sickener.

It really is. I have mentioned above that I just do not know just how Alex Neil has managed to remain so calm.

If we do go down I hope that somebody at the club starts making a few noises. These officials are capable of massively effecting the future fortunes of our Club with their "mistakes."

Neither have I seen any hint that it is ''evening out

Broadstairs

"Neither have I seen any hint it is ''evening out"

Neither have I Broadstairs, that''s just a little myth to make the oppressed lower table sides feel better.🤔

I''m sure all the non big teams will point to equally dubious decisions. Let''s not forget as recently as the playoff final Dean didn''t blow up for the Jerome/Ayala challenge, all the Boro fans saw that as a foul. Equally, only in the last home match the Howson handball was missed. It is much too easy to shout conspiracy when there is none