Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Arsenal Away.

Maybe they''ll release the tickets now, so I can not get one, same as most years!

That is why the club have been hanging on before announcing ticket arrangements for a game less than 3 weeks away.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]That is why the club have been hanging on before announcing ticket arrangements for a game less than 3 weeks away. [/quote]Will they be using the points system, or just a free for all?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]That is why the club have been hanging on before announcing ticket arrangements for a game less than 3 weeks away. [/quote]Will they be using the points system, or just a free for all?[/quote]No idea.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]That is why the club have been hanging on before announcing ticket arrangements for a game less than 3 weeks away. [/quote]Will they be using the points system, or just a free for all?[/quote]No idea.[/quote]I have never made it to the Emirates, never managed to get a ticket.And I have well over 2,000 points.

It hasn''t been moved yet, it depends which day Man City play the following week (Tuesday or Wednesday) as to whether the TV slots for our game and their game get swapped. It will either be Saturday 5.30pm or Sunday 4pm, both would be on TV. We will know after the draw on Friday.

Great news for me if it''s Sunday as I can''t make Saturday. Morty, I don''t have that many points and I got a ticket last time we played there-were you offshore for that one? October 2013, we lost 4-1.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Great news for me if it''s Sunday as I can''t make Saturday. Morty, I don''t have that many points and I got a ticket last time we played there-were you offshore for that one? October 2013, we lost 4-1.[/quote]I think I was home, can''t definitely say. But I seem to remember Arsenal really heavily discounting the tickets, gonna say 20 quid or something like that, and they were literally gone in an instant.

I''m not sure if it''s still the case but tickets were about £25-£26 last time we went as we were a lower-category game according to Arsenal''s grading system - with any luck that''s still in place.

I had heard that tickets will go on sale on Monday (presumably because we won''t know until the Champions League draw on Friday what date Manchester City will be playing on) and you''ll need 1300 points to buy a ticket. I can''t verify that to be true but it certainly sounds feasible enough and about what I would expect.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''m not sure if it''s still the case but tickets were about £25-£26 last time we went as we were a lower-category game according to Arsenal''s grading system - with any luck that''s still in place.

I had heard that tickets will go on sale on Monday (presumably because we won''t know until the Champions League draw on Friday what date Manchester City will be playing on) and you''ll need 1300 points to buy a ticket. I can''t verify that to be true but it certainly sounds feasible enough and about what I would expect.[/quote]Aye, just had that confirmed, on sale next Monday to 1300 points initially.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/12980457_10205895471092661_1995375310_n.png_zpsyiyd5mcp.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/12980457_10205895471092661_1995375310_n.png_zpsyiyd5mcp.jpeg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/13020285_10205895471212664_107928282_n.png_zpsxdtjo1oy.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/13020285_10205895471212664_107928282_n.png_zpsxdtjo1oy.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Just checked my points, only got 900 so unlikely to get a ticket. Might not be a bad thing as I don''t seem to be a lucky mascot this season, we''ve lost all five games I''ve been to so far-just hope we''re safe by the time we play Watford!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Just checked my points, only got 900 so unlikely to get a ticket. Might not be a bad thing as I don''t seem to be a lucky mascot this season, we''ve lost all five games I''ve been to so far-just hope we''re safe by the time we play Watford![/quote]Did the ticket points reset or anything this season? I have just logged in and have 2100 points, which is great, but I would have thought I''d have more than that though.

The points reset every year. Your current total works out as 1000 (season ticket holders) or 500 (priority members) + 50 points for every 2014-15 away game (inc play-off final) + 50 points for every 2015-16 away game so far.

At the start of next season the 2014-15 games will be knocked off so everyone''s points will drop to be built up again in the new season.

[quote user="e10_yellow"]The points reset every year. Your current total works out as 1000 (season ticket holders) or 500 (priority members) + 50 points for every 2014-15 away game (inc play-off final) + 50 points for every 2015-16 away game so far.

At the start of next season the 2014-15 games will be knocked off so everyone''s points will drop to be built up again in the new season.[/quote]Ahhhh, yeah get it now. Couldn''t make the figures add up as have done 8 away games this season, I didn''t realise last seasons games counted too.Cheers.

I''ve only got 1150. I''m fairly sure i''ve done more than a couple away games in the last year. Booo!

[quote user="hogesar"]I''ve only got 1150. I''m fairly sure i''ve done more than a couple away games in the last year. Booo![/quote]I just had a nose through my ticket history ( always found the official site pretty clunky) and they have my entire history there since 2001!

[quote user="hogesar"]I''m practically a fu*king plastic.[/quote]

LOL.  Worth logging on to check & contacting them to get it corrected if necessary, if you want to go that is.  I''m over the magic 1300 points, so Monday morning will be the same routine as this Monday for the Man U game - get into the phone queue and the website queue at 9am... This Monday it only took me about 10 minutes to get through on-line & there were a few seats in the lower Barclay left.  They''d all gone by lunchtime.

Any guesses how many tickets we''ll get & how much the over-demand will be from people with 1300 points ?   I know they''ll sell out quickly but hopefully without the stress from the playoff games...

If I had to chose between the Arsenal game and Everton, I''d go for the latter because I prefer the trip to Goodison & it''s the final game of the season.  But I''m hoping to go to both.

Watford tickets still available peeps.....

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

LOL.  Worth logging on to check & contacting them to get it corrected if necessary, if you want to go that is.  I''m over the magic 1300 points, so Monday morning will be the same routine as this Monday for the Man U game - get into the phone queue and the website queue at 9am... This Monday it only took me about 10 minutes to get through on-line & there were a few seats in the lower Barclay left.  They''d all gone by lunchtime.

Any guesses how many tickets we''ll get & how much the over-demand will be from people with 1300 points ?   I know they''ll sell out quickly but hopefully without the stress from the playoff games...

If I had to chose between the Arsenal game and Everton, I''d go for the latter because I prefer the trip to Goodison & it''s the final game of the season.  But I''m hoping to go to both.

[/quote]I think once you add up the away ST holders, priority members and folks over 1300, there isn''t going to be many left. This is always popular because its a great stadium, and a relatively easy trip.

Are Sunderland taking up their full allocation for Saturday? Pretty impressive if they are, for a 12.45 kick off.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]I think once you add up the away ST holders, priority members and folks over 1300, there isn''t going to be many left. This is always popular because its a great stadium, and a relatively easy trip.[/quote]
Haha thanks ICF, I need to check and see if they''re right and i''m just being stupid.
And yeah, Emirates is a great stadium. I was in a box for the (I think) 3-3 game under Lambert. Really classy and great seats just outside the boxes with an awesome view.

Yeah I missed that one.  I was there for the infamous game when Turner''s header gave us the lead and Arsenal were looking completely toothless with 80 mins gone until one of their players went down in the box, a classic shoulder-to-shoulder competition for the ball but he went down and a penalty was given, after which we folded to lose 3-1.  One of the most gutting away games I''ve been to (and I''ve been to a few).  Also I went to the 4-1 defeat when we conceded early and were never in the game.  That was Hughton''s last season and the team had really lost any idea of how to tackle that sort of game.

I think with Arsenal it''s all about not conceding an early goal.  If they score early, they relax and can take you to bits.  If we keep it scoreless until half time, their crowd start to get a bit impatient and anything can happen. 

It''s the sort of game they could be a bit complacent about, realistically they have no chance of the title so their season is over barring making sure they get a top 4 CL spot.

This whole points thing is utter rubbish! it should ALWAYS be first come first served after away season ticket holders.