Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Has anyone seen Pinto?

Not sure what''s going on with our Portuguese marauder, but hasn''t made the bench in recent times.  Is there any news on him, i.e. anything on injury or absence?

Seem to remember he was reported ill, then someone on here posted he''d been given leave to go back to Spain, as he was having trouble settling here.

He looks like a pretty good attacking fullback. It''s just a shame it''s a bit suicidal for a bottom table team like us to play overlapping fullbacks. Especially when on the right side they''d often have Redmond infront of them.

Strange signing to be honest, he''s a good player, but I''d have thought a more defensively solid right back would have been a much better idea and would have given us someone to play behind and get the best out of Redmond by covering for him.

If we go down, god forbid, he''d be superb in the Championship. Whittaker was brilliant for most of last year and Pinto looks a fairly good upgrade on him. If we stay up I''d still be looking for a solid right back which would push him out of contention. That right side will mostly be Redmond''s place to lose, he needs a really good defender behind him.

That''s the risk he took. I trust AN''s man management skills enough to not be worried about player''s ego''s or anything. If we go down and Neil wants him, he''ll stay. Doesn''t matter anyway as I don''t think we''ll go down.

I don''t think much of Wisdom either, he''s slightly better defensively than our other RB''s but offers absolutely nothing going forwards. That bloody chance he had at Palace where he panicked and skied it *facepalms* I really hope we get another player in that position in summer regardless of what league we''re in.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Tettey''s Jig"]Wasn''t aware he ever lived in Spain?

Beg pardon...................Portugal![/quote]Easy mistake to make OR. Just through Spain and turn right. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Tettey''s Jig"]Wasn''t aware he ever lived in Spain?

Beg pardon...................Portugal![/quote]Easy mistake to make OR. Just through Spain and turn right. [;)][/quote]I just knew you''d pick that up![;)]