Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Amazon firestick with kodi

Or cracked amazon firestick, does anyone have one ? Apparantly you can view all of sky bt sports and all 3pm kickoff direct to the tv not to mention sky movies and box sets ? They go for about 60 quid on ebay and it all looks too good to be true! Can anyone on here advise ? Thanks .

[quote user="im spartacus"]Or cracked amazon firestick, does anyone have one ? Apparantly you can view all of sky bt sports and all 3pm kickoff direct to the tv not to mention sky movies and box sets ? They go for about 60 quid on ebay and it all looks too good to be true! Can anyone on here advise ? Thanks .[/quote]Check this thread out.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3317111/ShowPost.aspx

As a complete technophobe i cannot answer any further than say a mate of mine bought it direct from Amazon for £34.99 then cracked it and downloaded Kodi on to it. Easy to do apparently if you know what you are doing. He brought the stick round mine and put it on my telly just to show me what you can watch and yes you get the lot, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Fox Sports, all 3pm KO''s in fact any game anywhere in the world and all the latest films just released at the cinema. Totally mind blowing and neither him nor i understand how it can be done for £34.99 plus some technical nous to get it downloaded.

Spartacus, make sure you have a decent broadband speed first. I got an android box after Christmas, films are good although some may have subtitles ( I''ve watched Deadpool this afternoon ), I''ve also watched all away games on it although the picture isn''t the best quality and you do have to play around a bit getting a good stream. Having said that they very quickly pay for themselves and I''d recommend getting one.

I think it recommends a minimum of 3 meg, thing is, a mate at work suffers with buffering on his because broadband is being used by his two daughters on their phones/ tablets at the same time. I get 20 meg and have never had a problem.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Spartacus, there is a guy not a million miles from you will come and set p for you for around £65 - £70, will pm you if want to know more ?[/quote]

Cheers mate I''ll have a look into it and get back to you if u decide to go for it

I have one too and yes if the broadband speed is not great there are problems with buffering. But all in all good thing to have. would not be without mine now for sure

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As a complete technophobe i cannot answer any further than say a mate of mine bought it direct from Amazon for £34.99 then cracked it and downloaded Kodi on to it. Easy to do apparently if you know what you are doing. He brought the stick round mine and put it on my telly just to show me what you can watch and yes you get the lot, Sky Sports, BT Sport, Fox Sports, all 3pm KO''s in fact any game anywhere in the world and all the latest films just released at the cinema. Totally mind blowing and neither him nor i understand how it can be done for £34.99 plus some technical nous to get it downloaded.[/quote]

That''s amazing !!

You have mates ? 😂

Just jesting thanks for the heads up til

OK guys, ready to be called a plastic and all similar insults!😁!

I have invested a lot of time with Kodi, in so much as experimenting the best ways of watching films and ALL of City''s games this season. I have seen a fair few people have invested in Android boxes but after experimenting with Kodi using both a tablet and PC there really isn''t any need of buying an Android box. Below I will try and set out the best ways to watch City over the internet, bear with me please as have just been out for dinner and the red wine was flowing well!!!

Firstly, I watch City on my TV using a tablet and a chromecast (£30). On the tablet I have downloaded Kodi, version 15.2 isenguard, please note the version is important as there is a newer version, 16.0 Jarvis, but that version is not stable with the following repo.

Once I have 15.2 on my tablet I go to the settings section on Kodi and download Ares wizard. Now to explain how to get Ares would take up too much of my time at the moment. (Remember the reference to red wine above!!) However, all is not lost! Go to YouTube and look up Ares wizard download. There is a guy there called Chris Blower, brummie lad I think but his videos will talk you through all the stages needed to download Ares, very informative, its not his fault he''s from Brum!

On the Ares download site you will see an option for "The Beast", chose that download as it is the best! Once The Beast is downloaded you will see there are a load of sport sections, 3pm KO, UK sports, money sports, ukturks and many more. Most of these sites show EPL games live but 3pm ko and I think its UJC have a "premier league pass" section which is the best. The feed from this is from New Zealand I think but it is HD quality feed with the Premier League commentary with it. The feed is about a minute behind which isn''t too bad for HD and if I am watching Sat pm I pause Sky sports news (on the other telly) by a minute so the scores are in synch with my feed and I don''t hear about a City goal before I have seen it on the feed!

Ok, I know I have gabbled on a bit here, (red wine), but guys check it out, if you get stuck give me a PM, but please, only as a last resort, don''t want to be answering queries all day. TBH, I taught myself by using YouTube videos and reading internet news feed, all those guys can explain it and show you soooo much better than me!!

As a matter of interest living out in deepest darkest Norfolk I only have 5mbs download speed but for Saturday afternoon games I rarely have buffering issues, where I really battle is on streams like Pay per View boxing where the number of feeds is limited and everybody and their dog wants to watch it at the same time.

I have just run this by my lad who spends a lot of time in Scotland and uses Kodi like me and he said this is a fair indication of what to do but YouTube will really put you right!

Hope this helps those who are interested,

OTBC

Bloody hell Lessingham, just read your post!! I''m near Lowestoft and I''ll do it for £50, goes for Norwich area as well!!!

Haha Ron, good luck to you, i wouldn''t be able to do it, our internet as you can imagine is not the quickest, but with an M8 digibox it works fine, i found a guy over your way who came out and and installed 2 for us, and its brilliant !

Ah ok Less, as my lad said to me now, he guessed it would involved the boxes, sorry couldn''t do that for £50 but am very willing to help peeps set up Kodi at home on their PC or laptops or tablets! The likes of Kodi is the way TV watching is about to evolve, the new Sky Q setup is heading towards total internet TV. The sooner I can get a decent download speed, the quicker my Sky subscription goes! Can''t get rid of it yet, the Missus would kill me!!!

I have had a digi box with KODI installed for the last year and it is fantastic - all the 3 O''clock sat games together with all games on a sun etc the latest movies and US TV shows - won''t be without it never had an issue with it but I have got Virgin 150 meg but others I know have slower speeds and they are also happy

Bomber, I think the box gives you an advantage if you''re not very tech savvy, don''t get me wrong, as I said this is the way forward as far TV is concerned and the box makes it easy!

Ron manager you are correct as I am far from tech savvy and if you just want a plug it in connect to tele and follow simple set up instructions on screen (which is basically insert your internet passwords) and you are away with the boxes

This is clever.

"The feed is about a minute behind which isn''t too bad for HD and if I am watching Sat pm I pause Sky sports news (on the other telly) by a minute so the scores are in synch with my feed and I don''t hear about a City goal before I have seen it on the feed!"

I am guessing some of you have "man caves" with multiple televisions etc. Personally, you can''t beat the wireless in the allotment shed.

Wouldn''t be without one. Am cancelling all my subscriptions this week as this makes having them pointless.

Just one more question if anyone knows ? Does this kodi on whatever device you have it on compromise your Internet security in any way I see that the sellers tell you to disable your ISP security walls ? Thanks in advance .

The flip side of this ''everything can be found for free on the net'' idea is that if no one pays for anything, the content won''t exist, whether sport coverage, music, film, TV and so on.

Ripping off Sky/BT or the big media firms may not seem such a crime (although many of us probably have a small stake in them via direct or indirect employment, tax income, pension scheme investments etc. but that''s another discussion) but if there''s a band you love, how do they survive to make music for you unless they can earn money from it? How will movies get made if there''s no funding because they no longer make money?

Yes, there''s an argument that artists need to develop alternative sources of income, and this works for football clubs if the TV money dries up (i.e. they go back to depending on gate money, merchandise etc) but I can''t see it working well - or at all - for some creative industries like musicians, especially at the start of their career, or writers.

And I''m not claiming to be whiter than white, although I do try and pay for the music I love, just widening the discussion.

Some of you guys put the Plastics to shame but it looks like i have stumbled on a group to join all the little gangs who post on here.......Techo Geeks !  [:D]