Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Experts backing Sunderland

Interesting (term used loosely) to see that the experts that are Mark Lawrenson and Paul Merson both have us down to scrape a draw tomorrow, and Charlie Nicholas has Sunderland to win. Also, Charlie Nicholas has done his relegation prediction and has us to go down with 32 points.

I''d rather see these sort of predictions, and would be worried it Lawrenson and Merson thought we''d win, just hope we can prove these ''experts'' wrong. We really need to play with an ''us against the world'' attitude tomorrow, and in the past have played some of our best stuff like this.

We also have a very good record against Sunderland at our place. I think Big Sam has been playing the mind games this week publicly, but with AN playing it cool like he did at the PoF in may last year I feel pretty confident. So long as we contain Defoe I think we''ll be fine.

[quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Interesting (term used loosely) to see that the experts that are Mark Lawrenson and Paul Merson both have us down to scrape a draw tomorrow, and Charlie Nicholas has Sunderland to win. Also, Charlie Nicholas has done his relegation prediction and has us to go down with 32 points.

I''d rather see these sort of predictions, and would be worried it Lawrenson and Merson thought we''d win, just hope we can prove these ''experts'' wrong. We really need to play with an ''us against the world'' attitude tomorrow, and in the past have played some of our best stuff like this.[/quote]Both Lawrenson and Merson tipped us to beat Newcastle, and we did.I don''t think it matter a lick of $hite what the opinions of these guys are. They''re just opinions like anyone else''s. They just get paid to communicate them out.

I think the main issue here is that Big Sam escaping relegation again, is more newsworthy than Norwich City surviving.

They''ll never likely be too favourable towards us with their predictions.

It''s the way it is and has always been.

In fairness a tense, nervous, must win relegation struggle at the dog end of the season might seem to have draw written all over it to the non-partisan.

I see it as 40/30/30 in our favour. Sunderland fans would make it closer or even reversed. Pundits might even out a bit.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]They''ll never likely be too favourable towards us with their predictions.

It''s the way it is and has always been.

In fairness a tense, nervous, must win relegation struggle at the dog end of the season might seem to have draw written all over it to the non-partisan.

I see it as 40/30/30 in our favour. Sunderland fans would make it closer or even reversed. Pundits might even out a bit.[/quote]

I see it more 35/30/35. Maybe a notch or two towards us if Klose starts, say 38/28/34.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]We also have a very good record against Sunderland at our place. I think Big Sam has been playing the mind games this week publicly, but with AN playing it cool like he did at the PoF in may last year I feel pretty confident. So long as we contain Defoe I think we''ll be fine.[/quote]

So they''re due one then...

"I see it more 35/30/35. Maybe a notch or two towards us if Klose starts, say 38/28/34."

Possibly. I''ll wait now to see Finklestein''s predictions on Saturday.

He has a habit of not favouring us over much.

I''ll stick with my slightly more optimistic prediction, but will post his on Saturday.

"I would be well happy with 38/28/34.

To be honest, if she''s game then I don''t really care."

I prefer a slightly fuller bust as you can see.

No one fancied us to win the play off final, no one fancied us to get anything against Man City, West Brom or Newcastle....

Fine by me, less pressure

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"I would be well happy with 38/28/34.

To be honest, if she''s game then I don''t really care."

I prefer a slightly fuller bust as you can see.[/quote]
Indeed :-)
Top heavy, I believe.  Best hope for no high winds.

Lawro and Allardyce have history.  Wiki tells me re: Lawro that
"One of his most memorable moments as a pundit was when he shaved off his trademark moustache after betting on Football Focus that Bolton would be relegated from the Premiership in the 2001–2002 season.[8]He was ultimately proved wrong by Sam Allardyce''s team and kept his word by shaving off the moustache."

[quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Interesting (term used loosely) to see that the experts that are Mark Lawrenson and Paul Merson both have us down to scrape a draw tomorrow[/quote]
Show me where we will "scrape a draw" please.
You are giving off a distinctive whiff.
PS: Idris Elba is a rubbish actor.  His attempts to look threatening just remind me of the face of a man trying to remember if he left the gas on.

LAWRO''S PREDICTION

A win for Norwich would put them clear and leave Sunderland in big trouble, but I think the main priority for the Canaries will just be to avoid defeat.

So I am going for a draw, which Norwich will be happier with because they stop Sunderland from closing the gap on them, with one game less to play.

Prediction: 1-1

Well I bet you none of these experts predicted Leicester and Spurs to be top 2. Chelsea not to make top 4. If they did maybe would listen to them. They know the same as you and I. Just because theses guys are ex pros doesn''t mean there predictions are any more valid than ours.

On what evidence can anyone make Sunderland favourites. Only one win in 11 and an awful away record and a poor record at Carrow Rd which no so called expert will know as they will no nothing about City or intend to find out.

Score first goal and City likely to win we have beaten all the divisions poorest teams at home by scoring first.

Get it done lads