Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Team for Sunderland

-----------------Ruddy------------------Russ--Bennett--Seb/Klose--Olsson

-----------------O''Neil-------------------Jarvis---Howson--Naismith--Brady----------------Mbokani----------------Howson and Naismith would be able to drop back and go forward as required, so it''s a hybrid 4-2-3-1/4-1-4-1. Hoolahan and Redmond are on the sub''s bench.

Ruddy

Wisdom bassong Bennett olsson

Howson O''Neill

Redmond. Wes. Brady

Mbokani

Need to be prepared to replace mbokani at the hour mark if it''s a palace rather than Newcastle performance. Need O''Neill howson and olsson to step up from last week''s efforts too, they showed v toon what they can do.

But it''s the chosen xis attitude that will determine the attitude. I feel fcr will appear again tomorrow.

Otbc

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]which attacker off the bench to replace Mbokani in latter stages, Bamford or Jerome?????[/quote]Hopefully Jerome to shore things up, as we''re winning anyway.Bamford was utter gash at Palace.

It''s a slightly different 11 from me, but:

Gk: Ruddy

DF: Martin, Bennett, Bassong (Klose, if fit), Olsson

MF: Jarvis, O''Neil, Howson, Brady

AM: Naismith

CF: Jerome

Why?

Jarvis - because Sunderland''s attacking threat comes from the wings/overlapping full backs. Jarvis offers much more cover/solidarity than Redmond. Brady and Olsson should be fine on the left.

Naismith: Because the trio of Kirkoff, Cattermole and M''villa is, potentially, a dominating force. Naismith offers a bit more fight/defensive nous to the midfield than Hoolahan.

Jerome: Because last week, Mbokani didn''t win anything vs Dann, Delaney and Jendinak. We are up against a very similar trio of Kaboul, Kone and Kirchoff. I feel that Jerome might offer a different dimension - stretching the defence a little bit more into positions where they don''t want to be in - leaving space for others to exploit, whilst also offering a threat in the air, if needed.

The first goal is vitally important. If Sunderland score first, then they will almost certainly do a Middlesbrough - defend and waste time like there''s no tomorrow (or shame). If so, we need to bring on Redmond and Hoolahan on ASAP in order to give ourselves the best chance of unlocking their defence. There is no time for AN''s faffing around with subs in this match!

If we are winning, we should bring on Mbokani to make the ball ''stick'' whilst they pummel our box!

It''s just my opinion, but they''re my reasons! OTBC!

We were unlucky not to get a result at palace I certainly wouldn''t be looking to make any changes. We had this big issue with Neil wanting to beat the team infront of him and constantly changing tactics, now we seem to have a settled formation and I hope with stick with it.

Mbokani needs a player like Naismith playing off him not hoolahan. Pointless him threading these lovely little through balls for mbokani when it''s not his game he needs a 2nd striker to link up more directly in front of goal with.

I wouldn''t change it tactically formation wise, although I''d be tempted to play Redmond and attack the byline more than Jarvis having to cut in majority of time.

Don''t think the Palace game is particularly fair for judging him, he was clearly sh*tting himself from the abuse!! Not as thick skinned as a Holty or Johnson that''s for sure..

Having said I that would agree in that I''d like to see Jerome coming on for Mbokani and not Bamford. Don''t really PB as someone suitable for playing the lone role for us.