Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Team for Sunderland

What''s everyone thinking/hoping the team will be tomorrow?

I''m going for...

--------------------Ruddy-------------------

---Martin--Bennett--Bassong--Olsson---

-------------O''neil-------Tettey-------------

---Redmond----Hoolahan----Brady------

-------------------Mbokani-----------------

Presuming Klose is out. Thought Naismith was poor last week despite a strong performance against Newcastle. Redmond much more of a threat than Jarvis imo although Van Aanholt is a good outlet on their left wing, Neil may therefore opt for sticking with Jarvis and bringing on Redmond later.

Hoolahan to put in a man of the match performance and re-remind us all how good of a player he still is for us!

Much the same as you, though hopefully Klose over Bassong though i''m tempted by Naismith over Wes with maybe the latter coming on as a sub for the other or vice versa.

Interesting to note that all but one of Defoes 12 goals this season have come in the second half... Hopefully a good thing since it''s our slow starts that have mainly cost us this season.

Ideally, Redmond and Brady stamp their authority on this match early doors. Sunderland have quick full backs but neither are particularly strong defensively which makes me think the wide areas will be the key area.

That''s my team OP.

The only likely change to that by AN might be Naismith for Hooly. Hope not.

I doubt Jarvis will get the call over NR, especially considering that the latter seems to play extra well in important games.

Naismith''s running/effort would be useful in the last twenty against tiring legs.

Jarvis might be useful in the last twenty if we are defending a lead.

Personally I wouldn''t play Redmond and Wes, that looks very open to me. Also it seems by the way Sam is talking that they will be trying to catch us on the break and that team plays into his hands.

I''d keep Jarvis in.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Personally I wouldn''t play Redmond and Wes, that looks very open to me. Also it seems by the way Sam is talking that they will be trying to catch us on the break and that team plays into his hands.

I''d keep Jarvis in.[/quote][Y]

4-4-2 please!

Kirchhoff is a brilliant defensive midfielder, probably their best all round player and would take Wes or Naismith completely out of the game leaving Mbokani isolated which would stop us dead if we decide to play our usual 4-4-1-1. I''d like to see whoever plays with Mbokani pushing right up with him. Sunderland''s weakness is their fullbacks.

We need the ball out wide to Brady and Redmond and we need those two to run at their defence and look for one-two''s. Sunderland can clear crosses all day so I want to see us drive into the box instead of trying to hit the byline and that should take the admittedly quite immobile Kirchoff out of the game.

I''d still use Naismith as our second striker but instruct him to play off Mbokani and look to play in Brady/Redmond or drive at their defence instead of trying to drop deep and look for space.

-----------Ruddy------------

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson O''Neil Brady

------Naismith Mbokani-----

2-1 to us.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]True HC, but Jarvis is not really too much of a threat on goal it would seem.

We need to win.[/quote]

Agreed we need to win but stopping them scoring goes a long way toward that.

It is actually really difficult to pick a team for this game.
I would return to the spirit of the team we put out against Liverpool as I don''t we would fall apart in the same way this time.
                         Ruddy
Martin    Bennett      Klose/Bassong      Olsson
              O''Neil         Howson
Redmond         Naismith        Hoolahan/Brady
                      Mbokani
I wouldn''t want to be AN picking a side for this.  Naismith and Hoolahan looked great but then you need the more solid Olsson at left back so Brady misses out, which feels weird, and Redmond hasn''t really done enough to deserve a start but nor has Jarvis, and oh Jesus Christ I''m just going to see what he goes with and then pick holes in the f*cker.

Shhhhhh .......... Martin''s definitely in for Wisdom. We are toying with the idea of playing the diamond and have tried a few different options within this, so yes, there is a good chance Wes could be back.

For Christ''s sake, don''t go putting this on twitter!

If they do sit back and "park the bus", it would be a perfect game for Hoolahan, as he is really the only player on our team that can pick apart a defense. No one else can play that killer pass. Redmond to an extent can, but not in the same way Hoolahan can.

Personally I''d leave both Redmond and Hoolahan on the bench as neither have shown any form or impact to warrant a start.  Maybe Martin for Wisdom but imo that''s debateable, and I suspect Bassong for Klose will be forced on us.  Other than those two, leave it alone!

Problem is OldRobert that neither have Naismith and Jarvis! Both poor against Palace, don''t think Hoolahan has had much of a chance recently either, think he''ll get the nod over Naismith.

Hoping Redmond can return to the form we saw just before his injury.

Where''s the infamous squad revealer when you need him?

After the Adam Johnson fiasco it''s safe to say Sunderland''s hierarchy aren''t interested in checking messages.

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong/Klose Olsson

Howson Oneil

Redmond Naismith Brady

Mbokani

Someone peering through the hedge at Colney earlier in the week reckoned they saw the diamond being tried with O''Neill at the base, Hoolahan at the tip, Howson and Brady wide and both Naismith and Mbokani up top. Please not Mr. Tinkerman. We don''t want to be three down before you realise you got it wrong.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Someone peering through the hedge at Colney earlier in the week reckoned they saw the diamond being tried with O''Neill at the base, Hoolahan at the tip, Howson and Brady wide and both Naismith and Mbokani up top. Please not Mr. Tinkerman. We don''t want to be three down before you realise you got it wrong.[/quote]
a) That''s the spirit
b) That''s the spirit
c) I am resisting the overwhelming urge to say "Binner" because I understand there is a minority of Norwich fans for whom cynicism, misery and ingratitude is their way of coping with potential disappointment.
d) Can you name a game where we have been three down before AN has changed the team?
e) If you can, can you show me where he has made the same mistake again?
f) That''s the spirit!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Someone peering through the hedge at Colney earlier in the week reckoned they saw the diamond being tried with O''Neill at the base, Hoolahan at the tip, Howson and Brady wide and both Naismith and Mbokani up top. Please not Mr. Tinkerman. We don''t want to be three down before you realise you got it wrong.[/quote]That''s only because they knew Sam was peering through the other gap in the hedge.[;)]

Thats pretty amazing that someone car peer through a hedge, exactly level with a training pitch, some distance away, and pick out what formation is being played.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/551352f8cd5f20c773c40d3e6ba53f3f7481ad8940034473cdf9e16ef833ca19_zps9fbnmm2m.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/551352f8cd5f20c773c40d3e6ba53f3f7481ad8940034473cdf9e16ef833ca19_zps9fbnmm2m.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

--------------Ruddy--------------

Martin--Bennett--Bassong*--Olsson

----------Howson--O''Neil-------------

Redmond------Naismith-------Brady

-----------------Mbokani--------------

*Klose if fit

Was a bit annoyed that AN played Naismith v Palace and not Wes, but at home we need to go for it a peg Sunderland back so a frontline of Redmond, Naismith, Mbokani and Brady is the right move imo. Wes to come on later to calm the game down.

[quote user="morty"]Seems to be less and less people insisting Hoolahan starts every game.[/quote]

Well I''m not one of them and I think it would be utter idiocy not to start Hoolahan in this game. At home, must win game against a team likely to sit deep and try and hit us on the break. It will be congested and we need Wes in there for his creativity and ball retention. For me it''s:

Ruddy

Wisdom Klose/Bassong Bennett Olsson

Jarvis O''Neil Howson Brady

Hoolahan

Mbok

I''d don''t really think Jarvis deserves to be in the team as he has generally been ineffective going forward but he does seem to offer a bit more protection to the right back than Redders who would worry me a bit in terms of getting caught up the field too often. Tight call though.

MY team would be;

Ruddy

Martin

Bennett

Bassong

Ollson

Redmond

Howson

O''Neill

Brady

Hoolahan

Mbokani

their team will focus on Kirchoff in midfield and we do need him over-occupied, and not risk us isolating Mbokani. Question is whether Wes or Naismith will ruin Kirchoff''s day.

Let''s hope we score first goal. They will have Cattermole biting our boys'' legs too, so lets hope he gets a straight red.....

[quote user="Walt kills mike"]That was probably the aim behind the Naismith signing Morty!![/quote][Y]