Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

Norwich vs Sunderland Thread

Sam Allardyce sitting there smugly, his great gaping maw chewing on gum.  He looks like a Churchill Dog cuddly toy after a pit bull''s been at it.
On another subject, what is the point of Naismith?  Such high hopes, and so little in return.

[quote user="iron_stan"]people need to stop blaming the refcity have been bang average, had there been no penalty no one would be talking about marriner, and it was a stone cold penalty[/quote]

As was the Mbokani shout when he was pulled back in the area. Oh and the miss foul on Bassong.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Hughtonanny"]Clear foul on bassong. Marriner''s a w******.[/quote]

if it was any other player you could argue this, but bassoon makes mistakes that lead to goals almost every.single.game[/quote]

This is true but we have no choice but to play Bass. Marriner is still a w*****.

iron_stan wrote the following post at 16/04/2016 2:13 PM:

people need to stop blaming the ref

city have been bang average, had there been no penalty no one would be talking about marriner, and it was a stone cold penalty

As were 2 out of 3 on Mbokani and the clear foul on Bassong but if you wish to ignore that to suit your agenda then fine

Trying to unlock Sunderland with hoofball is like trying to impress Paul Daniels with magic.
Yes, I know he''s dead.
Mind you, if he popped up again now that would be magic.
Anyway, you get the point.

We have about as much attacking threat as a wet paper bag, only way we could have a chance to score is if the ref gives us a penalty

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]
Trying to unlock Sunderland with hoofball is like trying to impress Paul Daniels with magic.
Yes, I know he''s dead.
Mind you, if he popped up again now that would be magic.
[/quote]even if we just laid him across the goal line hes make a better defender than bassong

We''ve thrown in the towel too many times when it counted, whether it was against an Aston Villa team rooted at the bottom of the table, a Palace side with no wins in 14 and a dreadful home record, or today. In addition midtable teams such as Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, Stoke and Southampton simply found it too easy to cast as aside at times.Combine all that with plain bad fortune, against the likes of Liverpool at home or Newcastle away, and you have a perfect recipe for relegation.It''s early days to call it but i can''t help shrug off the niggling feeling that it just wasn''t meant to be.Today''s the day i have one eye looking beyond the horizon and another campaign in the Championship. In the event of relegation i honestly hope Alex Neil could ride the undoubted stream of * he''d likely have coming his way and continue building at the helm of the club.

Typical of Norwich to have given us some hope and put ourselves in a great position only to throw it all away.

Cunts!!!!!!!!!!!11 I made the fatal mistake of getting my hopes up again[:@]

The lineup was all wrong. Playing with Jarvid and Naismith is like playing with 9 men. Neither of them contribute anything. Another £8.5m signing scoring on his debut and then looking like a lost boy. We certainly pick ''em.

We needed to start with pace.  It was crying out for Redderz to start, and by half time, it was obvious we needed Jerome on.BT sport reckoned that Brady was tactical, if so, it should have been Naismith who went off, thought he was shocking.

No guts, wrong tactics, playing direct when that would always suit sunderland. Couldn''t beat their first press most of the time. Losing the second ball almost every time. Shocking.
We''ve lost the last two games and not scored in either, a bit worrying.

No passion at all. Where has the high pressing gone? The lighting attacks and interpassing? We looked like we could sleepwalk through the game. Redmond and Hoolahan need to play every game they can. We look toothless without them. Missed Klose today.

I don''t quite know what formation we were playing in the second half. Seemed like 1-2-2-4-1.

We had seemingly no plan. It was like in the Mike Bassett film when he makes a sub and the guy asks him what he wants him to do and Bassett replies ''I don''t know, do what you want, run around a bit.''

The fact of the matter is we can''t seem to come from behind. The minute that penalty went in it was game over. There was no passion no desire and we were beat from the 40th minute. Were beaten to the second ball all day long.

Yes Marriner was an embarrassment, but not as much as the players out there today. Redmond and Olsson the only players who can come away with any credit.

Shambles without Klose. the balance was wrong today, we needed to start with Redmond and get up the frighing park. Having said that, yet another cyclops ref did us in.

We can''t give up, as long as we have Klose back we have a chance. Could come down to goal diff and we messed it up big time.

Still, Boro celebrated too early and that is probably the only other straw to cling to.

[quote user="Hughtonanny"]Shambles without Klose. the balance was wrong today, we needed to start with Redmond and get up the frighing park. Having said that, yet another cyclops ref did us in.

We can''t give up, as long as we have Klose back we have a chance. Could come down to goal diff and we messed it up big time.

Still, Boro celebrated too early and that is probably the only other straw to cling to.[/quote][Y]Someone changed their username to "no Klose, no survival". At first I felt it was overly pessimistic, but fear they have a point.

What a load of rubbish. We hadn''t done the double over anyone this season, so as much as I had hope I knew this was coming. No clean sheet? Play Norwich and change that stat lol. All too predictable. We never even looked like scoring. Win and we''d stay up, a draw would''ve taken it to the seasons end, but when you take nothing from palace and then today you''re only going one way.

Today City played pretty much how they have most the season,a decent Championship team struggling to cope with the quality of the Premier. and with way to many players from past seasons who just cannot cut it at this level. From the 1st match of the season, relegation was always most likely. now its inevitable, despite what the optimists  still think. 18th is what ive said since the start, and 33 points max, i repeated this after the Southampton win, some poked a bit of fun saying still 19 games to go, but with just 8 points from the last 15 games, its your standard 2nd half of the season collapse from City, which is becoming consistent at least.Rubbish performances,  rubbish results mainly and to many rubbish players. City need a big big clear out in the close season before we face the Leeds and Wolves and yes our neighbours down the road.