Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

What does Naismith add to our team?

£8 million quid for Naismith and all I see is a guy who runs hard. For that sort of cash we should be getting a player with some serious quality. Naismith lacks quality for me.

We''ve still got a chance to survive but I''m not overly optimistic.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]£8 million quid for Naismith and all I see is a guy who runs hard. For that sort of cash we should be getting a player with some serious quality. Naismith lacks quality for me.

We''ve still got a chance to survive but I''m not overly optimistic.[/quote]
What a waste of money is the chant that comes to mind.

I guess he is looking like a Ricky. £8m and scores goal in first match then really does little to influence thereafter. A loan out next?

Embarrassing that we paid nearly £9 million for him. Has had 45 good minutes against Liverpool.

Absolutely nothing. He should not be allowed near the starting line up for the rest of the season. His touch is poor, movement is poor, passing is poor. Don''t think he even had a shot today.

Why Neil picked him today is beyond me. When I saw that Wes and Redmond weren''t playing I feared the worse.

Also no matter what condition Klose is, put him in. Can''t do any worse than Bassong today.

He seems to be getting worse by the week. Certainly not what you need from an 8mil investment.

At 29 I knew we were being shafted when we signed him but I at least expected a player with experience and strong footballers brain on his shoulders. He was brainless today, awful passing, over hitting through balls. Very disappointing signing sadly.

Naismith is nowhere near Hoolahan, not even in the same ball park.  Would be a massive, massive mistake to get rid of Hoolahan at the end of the season.  I bet it wouldn''t be too far into next season, before many would be ruing it.Why do none of our youngsters ever get a chance?  Even from the bench?  You look at other teams, even Sunderland and this Watmore kid.  Sometimes it''s what you need, they can come on, play without fear and give a boost to the rest of the team.

He''s got it in hi, but for what ever reason it''s not working for him at the moment, could have really grabbed this club by the straps and become ''the'' player. At the moment there''s just nothing much going on with him, Wes has to take his position back for me.

I think the only two people deluded enough to believe Naismith adds more to the team than Hoolahan are Morty (obviously) and unfortunately our manager.............

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]£8 million quid for Naismith and all I see is a guy who runs hard. For that sort of cash we should be getting a player with some serious quality. Naismith lacks quality for me.

We''ve still got a chance to survive but I''m not overly optimistic.[/quote]He''ll come good eventually.

I''ve got to say he''s been more disappointing. Was expecting him to turn our fortunes around in front of goal when all he''s done is not a lot really

Not sure Naismith''s constant arguing with the ref / trying to win free kicks helps either.

Wes every time for me. Made a difference when he came on, as did Redders.

Empty Mirror wrote the following post at 16/04/2016 4:03 PM:

"Not sure Naismith''s constant arguing with the ref / trying to win free kicks helps either.

Wes every time for me. Made a difference when he came on, as did Redders. "

Do you think Wes made much of a difference, I recon we were worse in the second half than we were in the first.

Naismith''s constant bickering with the Ref was counter-productive to our team. André Marriner became irked and we paid the price with very few decisions given our way.

Naismith has not brought his ''A game'' to Norwich yet - sadly, I don''t think he cares enough about playing for us...

"Naismith''s constant arguing with the ref / trying to win free kicks helps either."

Interesting point. Perhaps his arguing/trying to get free kicks annoys the referee and possibly makes him see past the genuine fouls committed against Norwich

I was told by a rather non-plussed official of the club that AN has been trying to sign Naismith since Neil joined us. In the summer, Naismith wanted a relegation buy out clause , which the club rejected. When we did sign him , he "was injured" and we gave him a break clause in his contract anyway. Everton have been happy to sell him for ages.

Another example of a desperate Winter Window? Who knows. But signing a Centre back when we clearly needed two tonight looks a bad decision, as Klose was out for the season when the scan revealed ligament damage on Tuesday (curse these private hospitals),  and the Club dared not admit it .