Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Predictions for the next 3 games

So the next three games are probably the most important run of games that we''ve had this season. Predictions please.

Newcastle (H)

Palace (A)

Sunderland (H)

In theory we can get 9 points out of them, but we haven''t won 3 in a row this season in the league so it''s not very likely. Anything less than 5 points and I''ll be disappointed.

I''m going for...
LDW
Newcastle (H) - Lose
Palace (A) - Draw
Sunderland (H) - Win

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I think we will win all three.[/quote]
I like the sound of that. The international break means Rafa will have had some real time with his squad and it''ll be a fair indication on if he''s actually going to improve them or not. The media have suggested he has made a difference but in all honesty watching the game yesterday I didn''t really see it.
I''d be more than happy with 6 points in all honesty. Target the two home games. If we can get a point away to palace then we''ll be on the road to survival.

Win, Draw, Draw so 5 points.

Newcastle are not playing well although they look ok on paper. Think we can win this one.

Palace can be decent but they are really struggling for confidence at the mo. Long may that continue.

Sunderland worry me. mainly because of Defoe. Probably the best striker playing for the teams in the mix.

Actually I wouldn''t be too disappointed with that. No defeats in 5 games and probably enough to keep us out of the bottom three by a couple of points with four games to go.

We really can''t afford to lose to either Newcastle or Sunderland and in all honesty, if we want to stay up, we should be able to beat them both. So two home wins and draw at Selhurst Park for me. If Alex resists the temptation to meddle too much with the team, I can see us being tough to beat and we are due goals from Bamford and Naismith. It''s now in our hands so can''t complain if we don''t do it, given that we certainly have winnable fixtures.

Hopefully 6-9 😉

Anything 3 or less would be pretty disastrous.

We have a terrible record at sell Hurst park so u expect nothing there.

We have a good home record vs Sunderland.

Based on what I watched at the weekend, 7 points is very achievable.

We seemed to now have a settled spine to the team and if Mbokani can add some goals, we could even win all 3

I think it will be two draws and win in the next three games - taking us to 33 points. I can also see us beating Watford at home and getting a point away at Everton. But then there are so many variables...referee decisions, a sending off, teams resting players...so who knows. Nevertheless I don''t think there is a lot of difference between us and the two NE clubs in terms of quality. It''s in our own hands at least and after the weekend there is hope.

Have you seen how poor Sunderland and Newcastle are away from home. City''s home form is good. They will both try and win and will be pushing hard expect two wins. But Palace a horrible place to go and a poor record there and our away form nil points there.

Three tense, nervy, low scoring games. Beat Newcastle, lose at Palace, draw Sunderland. Four points.

But think we''ll beat Watford and maybe get a point against both Everton and United. Lose at Arsenal. So 37 points and 17th.

Our defence has been looking better, but we normally do badly at Palace, and after conceding 6, the Newcastle game will show how far we''ve really come defensively !

I have a touch of optimism now, Mbokani looked good on Saturday and I can see his combo with Bamford working well as they settle in.  A touch of optimism, but that''s all !

4 points for me, not a clue what teams we will get them from. I fear we will lose one if so better it be v Palace than the other two. I have a nagging feeling that the loss will be one of the two home games. 4 points would not be a disaster, anything less would be anything more would be wonderful

Sunderland/Newcastle game in hand are at home so chances are we will be in bottom 3

Out of our hands

[quote user="daly"]Sunderland/Newcastle game in hand are at home so chances are we will be in bottom 3

Out of our hands[/quote]No substitute for points on the board at this stage of the season. You can''t lose points you already have but you can lose points from games in hand.

I''ve said it for the past two months April home games (Watford now in May) would define our season.

Win these three and grab another point in our run in and we should be 17th.......

The game in hand for Sunderland is against Man City I believe and with a potential of playing all four FA cup semi finalists in our run in who knows they might just have their eye on this rather than the league.

Hopefully Watford and Everton make the final as we play them both in our last two games........might just win them both?

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]4 points for me, [/quote]Well you''ve soon changed your tune - last week you said we were going to struggle to get near 30 points and now you''re saying we could get 32 or more.

DLW for me. Palace will feel it''s a must win game and pile on the pressue and I thought they were a bit unlucky against Leicester. Usually we don''t do well at Smellhurst Park.Would like to think we can get something out of the northeners.

It is actually making me feel uncomfortable predicting these games!

Tbh, as long as we don''t lose to either Newcastle or Sunderland then I would actually be OK with that. Gifting either of them all 3 points (at home, especially) would be an absolute travesty.

I would be delighted with WLW.