Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Player Recruitment

Whatever happens for the rest of this season we really need to take a long, hard look at what the hell has gone on with our recruitment. For me we''ve not had a ''good'' transfer window over the last three seasons and we''re consistently missing much more than we are hitting on transfers.

This year we''ve signed 10 players (if you don''t include Jake Kean and the younger lads) and I''d say only three of them can be considered successes. Neil hasn''t done himself many favours this season but it feels like he''s been managing with one hand tied behind his back.

I know it is a point that''s been done to death but the fact we''ve spent most of the season playing with almost the same defence that didn''t look great in the Championship and got us relegated two years ago is bizarre. A decent centre half and a right back signed in the summer and I honestly think we''re sitting about 15th now.

Ah, so you admit and recognise it''s the defence where we''re weakest, yet you somehow claim that that''s Jarvis''s & Naismith''s fault in the following thread > [url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2/3364747/ShowPost.aspx#3364747[/url] [8-)]

Eh? I''ve not even mentioned Naismith in that thread and I''ve said I don''t think Jarvis is very good. Yes the defence is where we''re weakest but the money we''ve spent in other areas hasn''t exactly be wisely invested.

Julien, are you Chops/Bor/Osborne in disguise?? Similar arguments and syntax?

And when you factor in Wisdom couldn''t get a game until we signed Pinto, and now the latter can''t get a game, it''s odd.

And it took over half a season for Olsson to get the LB berth back, other than Klose the defense has been a complete disaster this season!