Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Klose injury

Well....

1.   The club releases the team lineup on twitter about an hour before the game.  Clearly it is decided the previous day, so AN doesn''t want to release it publicly then - otherwise it would be tweeted the day before.

2.   This season there have been repeated posts, the night before a game, that have revealed the team lineup accurately.  Obviously "someone knows someone" at the club, who has been letting that information out.  This is much more likely than another team actively trying to discover the information (which would be a form of commercial espionage and probably illegal); it''s just someone with loose lips talking to a mate.

3.   Football fans often read messageboards for other teams.

4.   It''s quite possible a Sunderland fan might come on here and see that someone has posted the team lineup the night before, and could easily check back and see that the same poster has been consistently accurate when he''s done that before.

5.   The Sunderland fan might well know someone at the club (Sunderland) and suggest that person takes a look.  He could do the same check back on previous posts and decide the lineup is probably accurate.  This would mean the other team have got the lineup earlier than AN would be happy with, which is a Bad Thing.

Fortunately, with Saturday''s game being Massive and a 9-Pointer (at least) it would be a Very Good Idea for a pinkun poster to deliberately post a misleading team list the night before.  And of course this means Sunderland can''t rely on what they find on this site, once they read this thread, which is a Good Thing.

ICF - How many fans actually read other teams forums? Not that many I would wager. I don''t, apart from an occassional chuckle through TWTD.
So you''re suggesting that I dunno, I guess of the maybe twenty Sunderland fans who might check here, and might see that thread. They then inexplicably pick a certain poster and trawl through the forum (as far as I''m aware there''s no easy way to check a specific users post history) looking for similar threads, then trawl each individual thread to find his posts and see he''s been right before. Bear in mind, that there are lots of posters, posting lineups of what they think the team might be, and Sunderland fan X would have to spot and single a specific poster out of all of them (without the knowledge beforehand that there is actually genuine info in the thread so they have to decipher that too), 
The odds of that alone happening are absurd. Then further, that one fan who has inexplicably done all of that (he must have a very dull life) happens to know someone at the club, and not just anyone involved with the club, someone at a specifically high enough level of the club for it to matter (which is what 15-20 people?) who then spends his/her time trawling through checking it all, because if he didn''t then he''d look a right twat and then what? Rings Allardyce whilst they''re at the team hotel and says "according to the internet, which looks like it might be right, this is the Norwich team for tomorrow". At which point Allardyce alters his entire game plan?
All of that presuming they find the thread and do all of that between the time it is posted (which is usually what? 9 or 10pm?) and 10AM the next morning?
Sorry, but that is a ridiculous chain of events, and I don''t follow how anyone could use logic and come to the conclusion it''s a risk. Better chances of being struck by lightning twice in a day I would think.

[quote user="WesHoolahansDefendant"]The thought of Bassong up against Defoe scares me...[/quote]
Coped fine last time against him.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Think that must almost certainly rule him out for Saturday if he hasn''t even been able to jog all week.

Looking for the positives between the lines I guess the fact that the medical advice seems to amount to nothing more than resting it must be good news. No need for an operation or mention of ligament damage. Fingers crossed it''s just the one game missing.[/quote]

Maybe I''m being naïve in the extreme but might it be that he''s just doubtful for the game? In that he might be able to play, he might not, but we don''t know yet?

I didn''t play football professionally, but I did play two or three times a week for 20 odd years at a reasonable standard and there were certainly occasions when I came off injured one week but comfortably played the next. Young people heal quickly and Klose is not an injury prone player.

So I won''t be giving up on him just yet. The fact that he hasn''t trained this week really isn''t that relevant. During the season, lots of players don''t train during the week.

If he is weight bearing today on that leg without pain, I suspect he''ll play, whether he has trained on not.

But anyway, we will beat Sunderland with or without Klose because we are better than they are. I''m not saying we''ll keep a clean sheet without him though.....!

What is this obsession with Defoe ?

He''s got 12 PL goals this season, ok not bad, but 5 of them were in two games, Swansea and Villa.

He''s 33 years old and a little short @RSE.

Yep he''s got pedigree but let''s not over egg the cake here.

[quote user="kick it off"]ICF - How many fans actually read other teams forums? Not that many I would wager. I don''t, apart from an occassional chuckle through TWTD.

So you''re suggesting that I dunno, I guess of the maybe twenty Sunderland fans who might check here, and might see that thread. They then inexplicably pick a certain poster and trawl through the forum (as far as I''m aware there''s no easy way to check a specific users post history) looking for similar threads, then trawl each individual thread to find his posts and see he''s been right before. Bear in mind, that there are lots of posters, posting lineups of what they think the team might be, and Sunderland fan X would have to spot and single a specific poster out of all of them (without the knowledge beforehand that there is actually genuine info in the thread so they have to decipher that too), 

The odds of that alone happening are absurd. Then further, that one fan who has inexplicably done all of that (he must have a very dull life) happens to know someone at the club, and not just anyone involved with the club, someone at a specifically high enough level of the club for it to matter (which is what 15-20 people?) who then spends his/her time trawling through checking it all, because if he didn''t then he''d look a right twat and then what? Rings Allardyce whilst they''re at the team hotel and says "according to the internet, which looks like it might be right, this is the Norwich team for tomorrow". At which point Allardyce alters his entire game plan?

All of that presuming they find the thread and do all of that between the time it is posted (which is usually what? 9 or 10pm?) and 10AM the next morning?

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous chain of events, and I don''t follow how anyone could use logic and come to the conclusion it''s a risk. Better chances of being struck by lightning twice in a day I would think.

[/quote]

I''m not saying this is likely but the fact is this info is available openly.  There are plenty of organisations that have had info supposedly secure behind firewalls that has been hacked.  There are plenty of obsessive football fans out there who may be willing to take the time and trawl through this website (it''s pretty easy to search, actually).  My point is that some of the posts on Fridays (I''ve seen them about 6-7pm) have included comments that the poster has been accurate previously.  You only need one Sunderland fan who knows someone at their club (like the poster who''s leaked the team news for us clearly does at City) and potentially you have a problem.  As for the comment about Allardyce changing his game plan... my answer is that Alex Neil obviously prefers not to give this info out early, so he must think it has value to the opposition, and I''ll go with his view.  It''s a low chance but why take it when the person posting is a City fan, why do something which has a risk - however small - of undermining our club ?  I don''t understand that.

But the beauty of this discussion is that we''re making it clear this is a crunch game and it would be worthwhile a poster(s) putting out deliberately misleading team news on Friday.  So if Sunderland fans do look at this forum, they''ll have to be aware that they can''t rely on any such leaks being accurate this time.

[quote user="Vanwink"]What is this obsession with Defoe ? He''s got 12 PL goals this season, ok not bad, but 5 of them were in two games, Swansea and Villa. He''s 33 years old and a little short @RSE. Yep he''s got pedigree but let''s not over egg the cake here.[/quote]

Because he''s a quality striker ?

I think we can deal with him but it will need our CBs to be 100% switched on.

I think a lot of people here, if offered him on loan for the back end of the season, would have been more than happy.Would much rather have had Defoe then Bamford.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Neither has Sam Alladyce.[/quote]I just hope certain posters don''t ruin it by posting the teamsheet to the whole internet on Friday.[/quote]
Dear god, I can''t believe how many of you think it actually matters.
Point 1 - if a fan can get hold of the team, do you not think a football club with thousands of connections across the world of football might also be able to?
Point 2 - Do you actually think people from the club sit on the internet, looking at opposition fan message boards?
Point 3 - Do you think even if they did, that they would know specifically to look for certain posters? Have they been on here for months and built up an idea of who the reliable posters are? Have they? Really?
Point 4 - Even if they did know which posters to look for, ahead of a crucial game like Sunderland, would they really trust the information wasn''t a red herring being deliberately leaked by the club, only to find a totally different lineup at 2pm?
Point 5 - What do the players do for the rest of the week, as clearly no-one in management bothers doing anything until they know the opposition team news?
Point 6 - How do teams with settled 11s that don''t normally change ever win games?
The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. There are literally 25-30 people who post on the predicted lineup threads, but you all seem to think that opposition teams pay staff to sit on forums, seemingly for months on end ahead of the games to work out who, if anyone might have some inside info? Mental.
[/quote][img]http://www.fly-fishing-discounters.com/images/xhow-i-caught-a-fish-on-another-line-21385560.jpg.pagespeed.ic._FDikkVYW8.jpg[/img]

Bassong is not nearly as bad as some on here will have you believe. His performance v. West Brom earlier this season was very good and will probably/hopefully want to prove himself whilst Klose is out, this could be a blessing in disguise

Point 8Would somebody explain what is the point of it. Does it really matter to any NCFC supporter that they know what the team is at 7pm on a Friday night?And if it is important to them perhaps somebody could explain why it is and what they do with this information once they''ve got it - apart from spreading the information even further.Regardless of whether to opposition know what our team is the whole thing is a completely pointless exercise and achieves absolutely nothing.

I just hope certain posters don''t ruin it by posting the team sheet to the whole internet on Friday. Quote

Lets assume players officials coaches ect come on these message boards'' This thread must totally shoot Bassong''s confidence of dealing with Defoe to shreds.

I wouldn''t worry too much about Bassong starting, yes he''s not as good as Klose but I think he''s got something to prove and could well be out the door if we stay up.

If he does start it will be a big test for him to see if he can step up.

Totally agree withe the above. It''s always been about concentration and attitude for Bassong. When he''s the big cheese he gets his slippers and pipe out. With something to prove he will be focused and ready.

I do think the criticism of Bassong is a bit harsh.
He had a poor run towards the end of Hughton''s reign but who didn''t? Obviously the Neil Adams situation didn''t help but since he''s come back I haven''t had a big problem with him.
Certainly judging by his celebrations from the bench in the Newcastle game he''s very much a team player and a positive character in the dressing room, I don''t see him as thinking he''s the big all and relaxing.

I actually quite like Bassong all things considered.

On his day, he is the best defender we''ve had in years just he has obvious issues with concentration which blight him. Without them he''d still be a champions league defender.

If we look at where we were before he was dropped under Hughton (lower half of the prem but looking comfortable) and where we were when he was brought back in (mid table of the championship and just knocked out of the cup by League 1 Preston) then it shows how good he can be.

It was no coincidence that our defence got better immediately (0-0 vs Brum) when he returned from Watford, I feel he needs a steady pair of legs beside him though to compensate his more erratic nature. At the end of the day, this may sound controversial but while his manner and alleged conduct were wrong at the time, he was correct about the Neil Adams appointment.

Will be interesting to see whats said at the press conference soon. But I do wonder if Klose will suddenly be fit for tomorrow, and Alex is playing games.