Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

The board are useless aswell

Naysmith, a waste of £8.5m

SUnderland have had two shots on target and yet lead 2-0.

Mbokani has failed to score us goals all season, and we only have Jerome as back up (Bamford not even on bench) who is proven "non" premiership striker.

Failure to secure golascorers has cost us again. Only ourselves to blame

Had we signed Klose or a player of his ability in the summer we would be sitting comfortably mid table watching the relegation scrap.

Totally agree JF. And we should have signed another of similar ability in January, whilst sitting mid table.

Completely ridiculous that we went into this season with adequately bolstering our squad.

I''ve seen enough from AN to believe he could have kept us up if the board had backed him.

I have to agree with the OP ,how many times have we been here ? It''s the same old story ,they try to build a premier league team ,on a league one budget ,and time and time again they get caught out .

Inaction over Hughton. The appointment of Adams. The August transfer window. Each egregious errors. Not going to be easy to get out of the champs battling Newcastle and Villa to name but two.

Villa will be lucky to survive in the championship next season.

Don''t worry I''m sure our board has it under control this summer , just like last year. We can leave the defence and strike force as it is, that should be ok. We can then add another celebrity to the board, that should sort us out.

IF we do get relegated that will be three times under the present owners and twice in three years under the present Chief Executive whose position would have to be then under question. What really brasses me off beyond belief it''s for the same reason every time and we never seem to learn any lessons. It makes me wonder whether the Board are really bothered which league we''re in as long as they have 27,000 bums on seats at every home game.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Naysmith, a waste of £8.5m 

Mbokani has failed to score us goals all season, and we only have Jerome as back up (Bamford not even on bench) who is proven "non" premiership striker.

Failure to secure golascorers has cost us again. Only ourselves to blame[/quote]
a) is it the Board''s fault if they back their manager by buying a player he wants?
b) Is it the Board''s fault that Sunderland led 2-0 with 2 shots on target?
c) Mbokani has been our form striker in the last few games and this is a selection decision, not a Board decision
So, struggling to see how any of your moaning relates to the Board.  Still, carry on.

I am struggling like Bor with this thread as i thought i was going to read a post about our Board set up but instead it appears to be about team selection.

...and she and wee Davie are responsible for our relegations. Not our promotions mind....

[quote user="FCC"]What we need is a rich American owner - like Villa?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Samwam27"]Naysmith, a waste of £8.5m 

Failure to secure golascorers has cost us again. Only ourselves to blame[/quote]
a) is it the Board''s fault if they back their manager by buying a player he wants?
c) Mbokani has been our form striker in the last few games and this is a selection decision, not a Board decision
So, struggling to see how any of your moaning relates to the Board.  Still, carry on.
[/quote]

So Bor,

Is it the manager that does all the transfer negotiations.

Is it the manager, that failed to secure any defensive improvements (discount Brady as we all felt he''d play left wing) or strikers (we kept Laffs, Hooper, Grabs & Jerome) and brought in just Mbokani)? Please answer Bor?

The manager selects who he has available (but not many of his targets have been successes this season (Klose, Brady aside)

Posted in wake of Sunderland going 2-0.

We have to listen to your boring tripe on every thread. Still carry on :)

[quote user="morty"]For the love of God, download a compatible browser.[/quote]Is there a whinging compatible one now?

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="morty"]For the love of God, download a compatible browser.[/quote]Is there a whinging compatible one now?[/quote]I really, really hope so.[:D]

[quote user="Samwam27"]Who, why Morty?

Out of interest, what was the news on Bamford, and his exclusion Morty?[/quote]No idea. I assume he was left out because he was absolutely bobbins at Palace though.

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="Samwam27"]Naysmith, a waste of £8.5m 

[/quote]

So Bor,

Is it the manager that does all the transfer negotiations.

Is it the manager, that failed to secure any defensive improvements (discount Brady as we all felt he''d play left wing) or strikers (we kept Laffs, Hooper, Grabs & Jerome) and brought in just Mbokani)? Please answer Bor?

The manager selects who he has available (but not many of his targets have been successes this season (Klose, Brady aside)

Posted in wake of Sunderland going 2-0.

We have to listen to your boring tripe on every thread. Still carry on :)[/quote]
FML, are you that dumb?
Manager says to board "I want to sign Naismith".
Board ensure transfer deal is done to suit all parties.
Responsibility for signing Naismith therefore lies with manager.  He has been supported by his board.
We are a long way from the time we lost O''Neil because our board wouldn''t keep with his agreement to sign Dean Windass.  Just thought I''d remind you of that though you are probably too young to know what I am talking about.

Naismtih was top signing for us on paper and if we check topics back in January will see that.

Many Everton fans also agree is bargain for 8 mil etc etc.

Seems he come after injury and look shadow for us adding nothing.

When you key signing in attack not work is quite normal we to be in big danger.

Bigger problem is that we is very short in attack for next season if we relegated with only Jerome as own player at number 9 position.

I think our board are aware of the mistakes made in the summer, I think a degree of sympathy has to go there way, for two reasons; the first being that as the playoff promoted side we effectively had a month less to prepeare for which league we would be in.

The second, and I take this from the McNally podcast, is that we simply had some really bad luck. We are all familiar with the transfer domino effect, we need clubs to move players in before we get to sign theirs.. We lost out on players for this exact reason.

I think no matter what happens this season lessons will be learnt, if we stay up or we get relegated and promoted this time next year I''d imagine us to be much more aggressive in our pursuit.

no sympathy from me in terms of summer transfers. Biggest c0ckup that we''ve had since appointing Neil Adams after helping relegate us.

You have to have contingency plans in place, and we didn''t. It''s his job.

On the other hand, what a masterstroke it was to get AN in after Adams.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Biggest c0ckup that we''ve had since appointing Neil Adams after helping relegate us.[/quote]Yes, that relegation had nothing to do with Hughton or the fact Adams only had a handful of games left to try and save us- definitely his fault [:P]Adams also remains the most harshly dealt with manager in NCFC history - he did leave the club just outside the play off places for AN after all.Would Adams have taken us up if he''d stayed? Probably not, but to dismiss him for his efforts and blame him for that relegation is very disrespectful. 

When you go into the play offs you know you are four weeks behind those that are automatically promoted so surely a CEO worth his job has in place several plans to strengthen his squad. Plan a,b,c for the premiership and d,e,f for life in the Championship. Failure to strengthen the defence was negligent as for all the huff and puff we went for one player and didn''t get him has all been heard before and shows nothing has been learnt.

He stood aside actually, best for everyone and as we know retained a place on the football staff at Norwich.

I do hope, no matter what league we are in, some money is spent on a decent CB, RB and a striker that offers something different to what we have.

As far as I am concerned, we have a fantastic board and I feel we are lucky to have them. I think they have done a tremendous job. To be honest, if Delia wanted to pick the team I''d be reasonably content with that, I doubt she would be any worse than some of the so called experts on this site.

The board is not perfect, granted, but I bet there are a whole lot of clubs wish they had them.