Sign in to follow this  
Horse Renoir

Marriner the cheat.

How much are Sunderland paying you? Two red cardable offences, handball by Defoe, allardyce pushing our players repeatedly, Jarvis'' penalty etc

I''ve had enough of this. Biased, cheating (unt.

Remember guys, the reason we haven''t had an away Premier league penalty is because ref''s often favour the home team! Yeah, fu(k off!

Us losing will ensure an exciting finish at the bottom and huge tv viewing numbers. Football is fixed. If it isn''t Sunderland who have lined Marriner''s pockets it''s some other shady organization.

Love the coverage by the way. "Norwich fans are aggrieved because they didn''t think it was a penalty" No, dip5hit, it''s because we conceeded a soft penalty and every other decision wen''t against us including a clear foul on Jarvis in the box.

This is just gutting, I knew this would happen again.

might want to take those yellow and green tinted glasses offwas a stone cold penalty and lucky not to be a red card

Foul on bassong in the build up for the second. Cattermole studs in on Redmond outside the box...no yellow!

Lol, what more can you say about this farce?

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Foul on bassong in the build up for the second. Cattermole studs in on Redmond outside the box...no yellow!

Lol, what more can you say about this farce?[/quote]had bassong just hoofed the ball instead of thinking hes a talented technical footballer (which is the main reason for 99% of the mistakes he makes) he wouldnt have been in that situationhe seems to think hes a ball playing centre back, but hes a clumsy unintelligent tool, most players know their limitations, he doesnt and does it time and time again

I feel like we''d get a lot more decisions if Mbokani and Naismith didnt flop as soon as a Sunderland player goes within a metre of them

We were sh1te by my god that was awful refereeing

Check his car for brown paper bags

[quote user="alartz"]Ain''t marriner a well known Ipswich fan?[/quote]

According to Wikipedia it''s Sunderland, though I suspect someone is being a bit naughty... Either would be all too believable after that performance mind.

Just done some proper research and he''s actually a villa supporter, obviously thinks they have a better chance against us than Sunderland next season then...

As awful as his performance was, he isn''t the reason we lost. Sadly we did that part ourselves with 3 abysmal defensive errors.

He''s a Villa fan apparently.

We''re not exactly rivals but there''s been a lot of bad feeling between our two clubs since the Lambert thing. This would have been like having a Colchester supporting ref officiating us while we were in League 1 or something.

We were poor, Sunderland were just as bad, which is to be expected in a high pressure game against an Allardyce side but ultimately the difference was the ref.

Some of the stuff I''ve seen this season from ref''s have genuinely made me question the integrity of the game. There''s too much money and too many powerful people involved in the game for me to trust it anymore. I refuse to believe Marriner''s performance was down to incompetence, he was completely, undeniably against us today.

We did not lose the match because of the referee. Yes, he wasn''t brilliant, but we lost the game because of the ineptness of the players selected, some of whom were abysmal.

I think our poor performance is deflecting a lot of the blame and attention away from this absolute tw4tter!

Everything went against us, he couldn''t wait to point to the spot for theirs, we had at least 3 clear pens denied. Cattermole could have been off for his first foul, should have been at least booked which would have put him off. Allardyce should have been sent to the stands for physically attacking Jerome. being ''Big Sam'' is not a fu(king excuse!

Every 50/50 their way, every big decision their way etc. I hate how the media are glossing over this by talking about the given penalty...Yeah we all know it was, we''re angry at his overall performance ffs.

Sunderland were just as bad as us and just hoofed the ball for defoe to chase. It was this c0ckcheeses fault we lost.

He got the penalty correct. Look at the bigger picture. Abject is too kind a word for today. We bottle it yet again. And we take the record for the team most frequently relegated from the PL. Oh to have Allardyce. What a master of these situations.

The point is that decisions at crucial times make a massive difference - if we had been given a pen at 0-1 and scored the whole match outcome would have been hugely different.

I have been told by friends watching on tv that the that we had two pens that Webb said could have been given.....just not to us, obviously.

You can''t simply say that these things would make no difference, as they make a huge one to the match situation - we''d have hardly gone gung ho and conceded the third had it been 1-1.

I wouild be careful of accusing referees of being corrupt. I doubt they are. But it wouldn''t surprise me if there is a kind of semi-conscious bias at work, given the absurd statistics of not one away penalty in more than five seasons in the Premier League, and precious few at home. One former Premier League referee (it may have been Graham Poll, and apologies if not) admitted - after he had retired, of course - that he was wary of given decisions against Man Utd, home or away, because he feared what Ferguson would say. That was a factor he didn''t consider with other clubs with less frightening managers.With us I suspect we also lack that fear factor. Referees are not intimidated either by whoever the manager is (pretty much by definition they will not be a giant of the game) or the crowd. They are not going to get rubbished in the media the next, because it is only Norwich City. What by common consent was a clear penalty we should have got against Crystal Palace got very little coverage in the national coverage I saw and none of the outrage, including calls for the referee to be disciplined, that will surround a similar mistake that hurts a big club.

I think Sunderland had a good game plan, but the ref Buggered about with scales of general play in Sunderlands direction that will will never know if that good game plan would have resulted in them still beating us without the refs assistance.

Fact is the sides were pretty even and the ref has made the difference. At 1.0 he denies us a clear penalty and doesn''t give a clear foul in the build up to their goal. If he gets those decisions right the game changes completely.

I thought their penalty was an outrageous decision watching live.

Having seen it on the tv since, I''m afraid the ref got that one right.

We have had more penalties awarded against us (9) than any Premiership team, according to the BBC. So it''s not just a Mariner thing. Possible explanations:

1. A mass conspiracy by all the refs.

2. Subconcious bias by refs who think that "little old Norwich" should surely be conceding a goal round about now, so that challenge must have been a penalty.

3. We''re too open at the back and have a number of players who can''t time a tackle.

There may be something in 2, but I regret that 3 is the likeliest. We''ve also had the fewest awarded, btw (1).