Sign in to follow this  
?

Remi Garde gone.

By mutual consent apparently. Villa are in a real mess all round. I see they have hired Adrian Bevington to advise them!

The real interest in this I suppose is who will they now appoint as manager.

Bottom of the league. No investment from the owner. Dead certs for relegation. Looking for their third manager of the season. Where do I sign up?

It surely will be a until the end of the season appointment from within. With regard to the Adrian Bevington appointment i did not realise that they  have recently appointed David Bernstein the ex FA chairman and Sir Mervyn King the ex governor of the Bank of England to the new board of directors together with Brian Little. It appears they are sorting the mess out behind the scenes ready for next season. Two guys with vast experience of running the game together with a financial big hitter and an Aston Villa playing legend. Still we have Ed Balls and young Tom. [;)]

[quote user="djc"]Bottom of the league. No investment from the owner. Dead certs for relegation. Looking for their third manager of the season. Where do I sign up?[/quote]After reading that gloom made me think Ally McCoist.

Its quite a sad state of affairs really. Winding back the clock to only last season, FA cup finalists. How the mighty have fallen, them being a big club and all.... 😃

This is clearly dreadful news for us. With a new manager in post, Villa are highly likely to go on a Leicester-style run and win all their remaining games which heaps yet more pressure on our inexperienced manager and board of directors. Still, if we carry on playing Russell Martin then we only get what we deserve.

Look, don''t blame me, I''m just filling in while the miserablists are taking a holiday.

Agree with The Chancellor, Villa''s Lazarus-like return is now guaranteed...after all the same strategy has worked brilliantly for Newcastle hasn''t it?

Apples

TIL 1010 wrote

Still we have Ed Balls and young Tom.

One thing we won''t have to worry about the expense account being fiddled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]It surely will be a until the end of the season appointment from within. With regard to the Adrian Bevington appointment i did not realise that they  have recently appointed David Bernstein the ex FA chairman and Sir Mervyn King the ex governor of the Bank of England to the new board of directors together with Brian Little. It appears they are sorting the mess out behind the scenes ready for next season. Two guys with vast experience of running the game together with a financial big hitter and an Aston Villa playing legend. Still we have Ed Balls and young Tom. [;)]
[/quote]

File this one under ''someone else has done it so it must be better than what we''ve done''.

Mervyn King ''financial big hitter'', wasn''t he in charge of the Bank of England when it was sanctioning the banking practises (sub prime lending etc.) that lead to the financial crisis? I think he was more culpable than Ed Balls was.

The other two may have ''vast experience'' of running the game but they will need to gain experience of running a club, just like ''young Tom''.

Appointing club legends, fraught with danger, just ask Newcastle United & NCFC.

Good news and bad news for us I think with what''s going on at Villa at the moment. One the one hand its not bad news at all if they bring in a new manager shortly before they play Newcastle as may get a "bounce" and take some crucial points off them. I don''t think they can catch us now but them taking a some points off Newcastle would be very handy.7

On the other hand, Villa seem to be taking steps early to sort themselves out from top to bottom so if they do go down may be better prepared for championship life and a full on attempt at a return first time than is widely assumed (lots of people seem to think that if they went down they would struggle). All the more reason why its crucial that we do not join them as getting out of the champ next season is going to be really tough.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]It surely will be a until the end of the season appointment from within. With regard to the Adrian Bevington appointment i did not realise that they  have recently appointed David Bernstein the ex FA chairman and Sir Mervyn King the ex governor of the Bank of England to the new board of directors together with Brian Little. It appears they are sorting the mess out behind the scenes ready for next season. Two guys with vast experience of running the game together with a financial big hitter and an Aston Villa playing legend. Still we have Ed Balls and young Tom. [;)]
[/quote]

That went well [:)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]It surely will be a until the end of the season appointment from within. With regard to the Adrian Bevington appointment i did not realise that they  have recently appointed David Bernstein the ex FA chairman and Sir Mervyn King the ex governor of the Bank of England to the new board of directors together with Brian Little. It appears they are sorting the mess out behind the scenes ready for next season. Two guys with vast experience of running the game together with a financial big hitter and an Aston Villa playing legend. Still we have Ed Balls and young Tom. [;)][/quote]

That went well [:)]

[/quote]Blimey whatever is going on there ? Please don''t tell me TCC you saw that one coming. [:O]

Apparently Bernstein and King have walked out. That Club is a mess from top to bottom.

I will donate £20 to Rays Funds if they get promoted back, at the first attempt. Me thinks my money is safe.

I said in another thread, in the nature of their demise and with their current set up, staff and players, I do not think they will have enough to get back up at the first time of asking. Plus, if you were a player and you had the choice of a few clubs, would Aston Villa appeal to you? ho hum...

Brought down by the very worst example of an absentee owner.

They are much too big a club to be struggling for long.

If the worst happens you have got to ask yourself how on earth are we ending up on the same fixture list as Villa for next season ? I mean they are in complete turmoil from top to bottom and we are the complete opposite.