Sign in to follow this  
Funny old game

Teatime KO at Arsenal

By the time we kick off against Arsenal we will have a game in hand on both Sunderland and Newcastle. Not beyond he realms of possibility that we will will be where we are since Sunderland are at home to Aresenal and away at Stoke. Newcastle are home to Man City (Tuesday night), and away to Liverpool. So not al over yet but the loss of Klose for the season seems like a decisive moment.

Wisdom    Martin    Bennett    Olsson
           O''Neil      Howson
 Redmond       ????            Brady
                   Mbokani
That ????? position is the one we need to sort.  
Redmond showed good instinct when central today before going out wide.  Naismith just looks like an average scrappy Scot who lacks the extra quality I thought he had, and Wes - well, it''s Wes.
Oh FFS, now the Binners have scored. I hate sport.

Says on the home page Bor that Wisdom has knee ligament damage as well.  I know there''s a 2 week gap now, but if true that may not be long enough?

Away to Arsenal.Live on Sky.Our best defender (and leader) out.What could possibly go wrong???

In fact Newcastle play Palace at 3 o''clock on same day so they will have played 3 more matches before we take one at the Arse. Wouldn''t it be great if they''re still behind us at kick off. Wishful thinking?

Can see us being 4/5 points adrift come Arsenal. Newcastle will get something at Liverpool, with the whole Benitez love-in they still have and nothing to play for, and Sunderland will just bully Arsenal at home then go to a Stoke side on the beach.

I just have a feeling Newcastle are going to escape. I think they have the better players, and Rafa will have just enough time to get them playing as a team.

Didn''t think I''d be saying that after we beat them, really fancied us then.

If we are to go down I would prefer that Newcastle stay up and not Sunderland. A team managed by Allardyce and playing to his style does not deserve to play in the prem league.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Herman "]Away to Arsenal.Live on Sky.Our best defender (and leader) out.What could possibly go wrong???[/quote][:D][/quote]

And against a team of under achieving flat track bullies who only turn up against smaller teams 😦

Can''t help but think we''ll have to go with a defence of: Pinto, Martin, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson - with the IP/MO playing as wingbacks. 4 At the back will see us on the end of a resounding thumping.

They under a bit if pressure at the moment and the fans don''t seem to be happy. Talks of fan walk outs.

I think a dodgy result Thursday will the ramp up the pressure on them for a top 4 finish. But we need them to win Sunday as they have Sunderland.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Palace are better than us bor , we go to Arsenal as cannon fodder every season we play them.[/quote]

Well, the last 3 times we''ve gone to the Emirates, we''ve drawn 3-3, we''ve been winning with about 10 minutes to go and been defeated after a dubious penalty, and we''ve lost 4-1, as far as I remember. 

With Arsenal it depends which Arsenal side turns out, and whether they get in front in the first half.  If they are up for it and score before half-time, it will be a long afternoon/early evening.  If not, anything can happen.

If I were an Arsenal fan I would be fuming this season because with Man City and Chelsea both self-destructing, it was the perfect chance for them to win the title.  And yet again, they will end the season winning nothing, and are still by no means sure of getting a CL place.

But I''m glad because Arsenal fans tend to have a massive sense of entitlement so it''s good to see them failing consistently.

''It''s Character Forming''

[quote]If I were an Arsenal fan I would be fuming this season because with Man City and Chelsea both self-destructing, it was the perfect chance for them to win the title.  And yet again, they will end the season winning nothing, and are still by no means sure of getting a CL place.

But I''m glad because Arsenal fans tend to have a massive sense of entitlement so it''s good to see them failing consistently.[/quote]

And they''re going to fail against us come Sat Apr 30 [Y]